Status: Oneshot//Complete

Forever

001.

The constant beep of the machine was the only thing keeping me conscious, there were clear tubes hanging everywhere and I was faintly there, half awake half in wonderland, or wherever people that were severely drugged went.

“Can you do us all a favour and calm the fuck down, pul-eez?” A voice asked from outside the open door. A voice that belonged to a very red haired loud, boisterous and obnoxious singer.

“Calm down? You’re telling me to calm the fuck down? I don’t see your girlfriend in the fucking hospital; I don’t see your girlfriend hooked up to fucking IV’s. So until I do, don’t fucking tell me to calm down!” Izzy’s voice shot back.

“Dude I’m with Izzy here, maybe you should just back off Ax and y’know give Izzy some time to chill and shit.” Slash’s quiet voice said, he was being the mediator as usual, now if I knew Axl he was probably throwing a bitch fit now.

“Don’t fucking tell me to chill.” Was all Axl said before he shut up for good. A few more words were spoken before Izzy tentatively pushed the door open and stuck his head in.

“You okay?” Izzy said, his black hair everywhere, I bit my lip, what was I supposed to say? Was I supposed to say yes and go along with it and tell him everything was okay when we both knew it wasn’t? Or was it better for me to admit the truth and say that I wasn’t doing okay and worry him to death?

“Yeah it’s nothing serious I’ll be okay.” I lied, forcing a fake smile on my face, Izzy returned the smile, we both knew it was getting worse we didn’t need to say it out loud.

“Well that’s good; you had me worried for a while there.” Izzy said his worried face softening as he slipped into the room and closed the door behind him.

“I think I had every one worried for a while.” I replied softly as he sat down in a chair and looked at the tubes that were draped around me. “Haven’t seen enough of these in the last little while?” I teased as a tired smile spread across his face.

“Never enough of these damn tubes around here.” He replied as he stood up and took a few steps closer to my bed.

“Exactly, it just never gets old.” I said with a laugh and then a cough.

“Exactly Guns N’ Roses, the hospital act,” He said laughing along with me, until I went into a coughing fit. “Are you sure you’re okay babe?” He asked sounding super concerned once again. I kept on coughing as Izzy looked around, probably looking for a nurse or something.

“Yeah, I’m perfectly fine.” I wheezed as I tried to catch my breath.

“Oh yeah you look fine,” Izzy replied sounding mad, like it was my fault I was coughing.

“It’s nothing, just a little coughing fit.” I replied earning another furious glare from Izzy.

“Nothing but a coughing fit? You’ve got to be joking, that’s what put you in the hospital in the first place. Between the coughing fit and your medical condition, you’re always in the hospital.” He said, he sounded angry as I let out another sigh, how was it my fault?

“I’m sorry Izzy, you know I really am. I’m sorry that I’ve got asthma and a heart murmur, both of which I was born with. Okay, it’s not my goddamn fault that I have asthma attacks all the time because you guys smoke it the goddamn bus.” I snapped at him before stopping and breathing slowly, the last thing I wanted to do after being hospitalized was to pass out in the hospital. “

“Well it’s not my goddamn fault that you have asthma is it?” Izzy snapped as I glared at him and let out a long sigh, forcing myself to relax and forcing the glare off my face.

“No it’s not your fault, but maybe it’s your fault that it keeps getting worse, because you Axl and Slash smoke four packs a day.” I replied, feeling a familiar sharp pain in my chest. I grimaced as my hand automatically went down to clutch my chest. “Izzy go get a doctor.” I breathed as I put my head back down on my pillow. Izzy must’ve seen my face as I bit my lip and forced myself to breathe. The next thing I heard was the door to my room slamming and a flurry of voices before my eyes closed.

***

“Are you okay man? You look pretty torn up.” I heard Duff’s voice ask someone, I presumed Izzy quietly.

“Yeah I’m fine.” Izzy replied quietly as I heard someone, probably Axl let out a loud sigh.
“Listen man, do you want us here, or do you want to spend some time with Andrea alone?” Slash asked, he was probably just pulling down his top hat down more and making sure that no-one could see his face.

“It doesn’t matter to me, if you want to hang around here that’s fine, or if you want to go out, that’s cool too.” Izzy answered, he was probably shrugging now and brushing his messy black hair out of his face. The tone he was using suggested that he would rather have them leave, as if he wanted to be alone.

“Alright man, well then I’m probably going to go, I mean first time in Europe, I wanna look around a little bit.” Axl said after a moment of silence, I could hear Slash and Steven both agreeing with him.

“Yeah I think we’re all going to go and look around, but we’ll be back soon man.” Slash answered for everyone.

“Uh-huh have fun.” Izzy responded as my eyes snapped open, I was dizzy and the room was kinda spinning but other than that I was okay.

“Dude she’s up.” Duff exclaimed as everyone turned to look at me, Izzy looked happy, Duff and Steven looked excited but Slash and Axl looked as though I had just ruined their magnificent plans of destroying most of Europe.

“Anyways Andrea we were just saying that we think we’re going to go and see a bit of Europe and let you and Izzy hang out for a bit.” Slash added to what Duff had said earlier, I nodded my head, I already knew that and I was just fine with that.

“Okay guys, have fun. Don’t destroy France too much!” I told Duff and Steven with a laugh, sure I was talking to all of them but I was more talking to them because as far as I knew they actually liked me.

“Oh we won’t we’ll only light a couple of buildings on fire don’t worry.” Steven assured me as I let out a laugh, typical Steven, I watched as they headed towards the door leaving one by one.

“Good luck Izzy!” Duff called before he quietly shut the door and left with the rest of Guns N’ Roses. Down the hallway I could already hear Axl screaming lyrics while Slash did his best attempt to screech the guitar parts. They definitely would not be allowed back into the hospital later.

“What did he mean by good luck?” I asked after Axl’s singing had finally faded away. I looked at Izzy who had a smirk on his face, he knew exactly what it meant, but was he going to tell me? Probably not.

“I don’t know.” Izzy replied ‘course he was going to play stupid, typical Izzy, I flashed him a smile. “You scared the shit out of me earlier you know.” He told me as I shrugged.

“Sorry there’s not much I can do about that.” I replied as Izzy stepped up to the bed.

“I know,” he whispered to me before he gently kissed me. “This is stupid.” He replied as he pulled away and walked around my bed.

“What’s stupid?” I asked, confused, he wasn’t making any sense to me, not that he ever made a whole lot of sense.

“This.” He said gesturing to the hospital room, “now move over.” He told me as I gave him a look. “No seriously move over.” He told me as I shook my head but none the less moved over a tiny bit.

“Why the hell are you making me do this?” I asked him as he gave me another one of his smirks.

“Now roll on your side.” He instructed as I followed his instructions. “Other side, so you’re facing away from me.” He told me as I shook my head.

“Izzy tell me why you’re making me do this or else I’m going to roll over.” I told him as he laughed as me, whether it was because he knew it was the worst I could do, or because I was treating it like it was the biggest threat ever.

“This is why.” He told me quietly as I felt his weight on the bed and then his warm body up against mine. I felt his arm sneak around me and his hand gently hold my hand and his warm breath tickling my ear.

“I don’t think you’re allowed to do this Izzy.” I replied quietly as I gently squeezed his hand.

“I don’t care; I’m going to do it anyways.” Was his reply as I hid a smile, and felt him return the pressure on my hand. “I love you.” He murmured into my ear, I could feel his hair brushing against my cheek and his finger as he ever so gently pulled a strand of hair off of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

“I love you too.” I replied wishing that I could turn around and stroke his cheek and kiss him like I always did. Wishing that we were at home so that we could get into some mischief of our own tonight, there was a moment of silence before Izzy spoke.

“That’s not what I meant.” He told me as I furrowed my eyebrows; he let out a little laugh at my expression. “I meant what I said but I meant it in a different way.” He said as I let it sink in for a moment.

“Say it in the straightest of ways.” I told him quietly, knowing what he was about to say.

“As you wish.” He said as he paused and took a breath. “Andrea I love you, will you marry me?” He asked quietly, I didn’t need to turn around to guess that he had a ring with him, this was what Duff had been talking about when he had said good luck. I swallowed trying to get rid of the lump I had in my throat.

“Izzy I don’t think I really need to answer your question do I?” I replied, hearing what I thought was a chuckle escape his lips, the words I spoke though they were true, I didn’t need to say what my answer was, because we both knew what it was.

“You have to, just to make it official” He told me as I sighed, this was probably going to be the hardest thing I was ever going to say.

I bit my lip before letting out a small sigh and speaking.“Of course Izzy. Of course I’ll marry you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Because everyone even Izzy deserves a happy ending