Status: Oneshot//Finished

Done With the Past

.001

I took a deep breath and fidgeted in front of the door before looking around. No sign of anyone, anywhere that was good. I hesitated before I knocked on the door, making sure to hold the flowers out in front of me as a peace offering. Inside the house I could hear Reese swearing and the smashing of something, probably a glass or picture depending on what was closer. I waited a few more seconds, nervously before the door opened and she stood there looking royally pissed off at me. Uncertainly I held the flowers out.

“I brought you these; I know they’re your favourite.” I said, in a hurried tone. She gave me a look of contempt as I took another breath. “Listen I know I said something’s I shouldn’t have said but-.” I didn’t get any farther than that as she slapped me across the face, leaving a stinging sensation on my left cheek.

“You’re unfucking believable.” She snarled at me as she turned on her heel and disappeared into our house, leaving the door wide open.

“I guess I deserved that.” I muttered to myself as I rubbed my cheek which probably matched the color of my hair by now. I stood outside uncertainly for a few moments, unsure of what I should do. I mean just because we had bought the house together didn’t mean that I had my rights to go in there, I mean legally I did but as far as relationship wise, that remained unclear for me. “Reese, come on we can talk this out like adults, please.” I called into the house and waited. Of course there was no answer, I gritted my teeth and shook my head before I took a few steps into the house and set the flowers down before I shut the door.

To say that the house had been destroyed in the few hours I had been gone would have been an understatement. A gross understatement, most if not all the pictures of the two of us had been shattered and were now lying on the floor surrounded by broken glass. I took a few more steps into the house, broken glass crunching under my boots.

“Get out of my house!” Reese screamed, I took a wild guess that she was yelling at me. I heard a glass shatter in the kitchen and carefully poked my head around the corner to see what was going on. Reese was leaning up against the door frame in bare feet looking as though she was about to murder me and then mourn my death.

“Reese calm down, and put the cup away.” I said as I slowly stepped into her view. She shot me a glare as she heaved the cup at full force at me. I ducked and the cup went soaring by over head and shattered as it hit the wall behind me.

“Axl don’t you fucking tell me to calm down!” She yelled at me as she heaved another cup at me, luckily for me this time she had misjudged her aim and it shattered at my feet.

“Reese I really think we should just talk this out.” I told her, trying to keep my temper under control.

“We don’t need to fucking talk, just get out of my house!” She screamed at me as she dropped the glass she was holding, we would need a new set of cups as soon as this got fixed, that was obvious. She stormed away and without thinking I followed her into the dining room where there was more broken glass. “Don’t fucking touch me you asshole! I don’t believe you said that to me! How dare you!” She threw insult after insult at me as I grabbed her arm and pulled her against me, grabbing both her wrists as she thrashed in my grip throwing more insults at me.

“Enough damnit, I’ve had it! Shut up for five seconds and let me talk!” I roared as I shook her like a rag doll, she fell silent almost immediately but refused to meet my gaze. “Listen Reese baby you should know by now that when I lose my temper I say things I shouldn’t and this was one of those times. Face it tonight we both said lots of shit we shouldn’t have said but I don’t want to fight anymore; I’m sick of fighting and screaming.” I told quietly as she uncertainly met my eyes.

“I’m sick of it too.” She said in a quiet voice as I let go of her wrists, her eyes were tearing up; I was in for the water works that was never a good thing.

“Good, I’m glad, now let’s get this mess cleaned up.” I said relieved before sighing and surveying the mess. There was broken glass everywhere, which meant a lot of sweeping for us.

“Yeah let’s” She agreed as I pulled away from her, ready to get to work and clean the living hell out of this place, which included getting rid of the pot that Slash had brought over last time we had decided to have a party, hopefully Reese hadn’t found it or else. “But before you start, “she added as I turned back to face her. A puzzled expression on my face as she stepped up to me. “I just want to let you know that no matter what I say and what I do Axl I love you.” She told me as she leant in and kissed my cheek.

“I know Reese, I love you too.” I replied with a smile, hopefully the future held something for us, something that was a lot better than the past.