My Penpal Is... Famous?!

My PenPal is...FAMOUS!?! {Chapter 1}

"lovelovelove. -T-"

Cathy put the letter down. 'I better right her back', she thought. She stood up and went over to her desk. Sitting down, Cathy pulled out the drawer and got out her pink stationary. She opened the box and took out a fresh sheet, an envelope, and her favorite pencil.

Catherine , a 8th grader at Martin Jr. High, was writing to her penpal, Taylor Swift. Yes, Taylor Swift, the one who sings "Tim McGraw" and "Teardrops on my Guitar".

Now how did an ordinary girl like Cathy become penpals, and close friends, with Taylor Swift? Well, it all started in pre-K. Taylor and Cathy went to the same montessori. Then Taylor moved, and Cathy and Taylor's moms worked it out so that the two schools became 'sister schools'. All the children participated in a penpal program, and Cathy and Taylor were paired up. After they left the school, continuing the program was optional, but most kids kept writing. Cathy and Taylor's letters went to phone calls and emails, and the girls stayed close.

When Taylor first started performing, Cathy was supportive. Taylor was always a year older that Cathy, so when Taylor started playing the guitar at 12, Cathy was only 11, but she tried the guitar as well. She found that as much as she loved the guitar, she liked piano more, at the time. When Taylor began writing songs, she'd email video clips of herself playing them to Cathy, and Cathy would 'rate' them.

Cathy was Taylor's first friend that found out about her being signed onto a record deal. They were both estatic. Cathy promised to try to go to all of Taylor's concerts, and Taylor promised to get Cathy and her family tickets.

The girls stayed close, dispite Taylor's busy schedule and all the traveling she did. Emails flew back and forth almost every day, and the talked on the phone whenever they could.

Cathy had always liked country music, but most of her friends didn't. Most of the kids Taylor and Cathy had gone to school with when they were little didn't remember Taylor. After all, she had only gone to that school for a year, she was older than most of the kids, and they were too little to remember all the kids. Cathy currently goes to school with one of them, and he barely remembers Taylor.

Some of the boys at Cathy's school like Taylor Swift but Cathy hasn't told them that she knows her personally.

'Love always,

Cathy ♥'

Cathy ended her letter and put in the envelope, addressed it, put a stamp on it, and took it out to the mailbox. She had just closed her mailbox when three boys that lived in her neighborhood and went to her school came down the street in a golf cart.

"Hey", she called, waving at them. The guy driving pulled into Cathy's driveway and killed the power.
"Hey Cathy", he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
(= Just putting it up here!