Does the Hero Get the Girl?

Here's Hoping This Pain Will End.

Gerard’s POV

I was sitting on the couch drinking a beer when I heard the doorbell ring, I rang and threw the beer down the sink, and in the garbage then rushed to answer the door to find Frank on the other side. I stepped back to let him.

“Hey Frank,” I closed the door and sat back down on the couch. I looked up at him; he was still standing with his jacket on. “What’s wrong Frank?”

“For starter’s, I smell the beer,” He said giving me a stern look. I looked down in shame. “And I just came from Re’s new place.” I looked up.

“How is she? How’s Hannah?” I asked as Frank went in to the kitchen. I got up and followed him.

“Their…She’s…” Frank trailed off as he looked into my refrigerator. He pulled out the case of beer I had in there. I leaned against the marble counter and rubbed my face as Frank sighed. “You know she, they need you.” He said as he opened the bottles of liquor and poured them down the drain, one by one. I stood there and watched him. I knew this wasn’t me. Or what I needed. What I need is my wife and my daughter. But somehow, I just ended up at a bar.

“You know,” Frank said after awhile. He had been finished for maybe five or seven minutes. “You could tell us why. Then it could clear a bunch of shit up.”

I looked at him. Didn’t he understand? No, of course he didn’t. I just sighed and shook my head no.

“Come on Gee, you know we talk about everything.”

“It’s, it’s just that…” How the fuck do I explain it? I don’t even know half the time. I couldn’t even explain it to Reba. “It’s the god damn pressure.” I mumbled almost inaudible.

“Kinda like before? But come on Gee, you got Re, all of us, and Hannah. Why the hell would you do this shit again?” He said motioning to the empty bottles in the sink.

“Everything just started to pile up. A-and I couldn’t handled it.” I slid down against the cabinets and buried my face in my hands. Frank came over and rubbed my shoulder.

“But, what about your therapy? Couldn’t you-“

“I quit therapy just after the wedding.”

“Oh”

I know now that quitting was probably the biggest mistake of my life. I remember exactly what my therapist said:

Flashback

“Dr. Corbett, I don’t think I’ll be needing to see you anymore after this.”

“Gerard, are you sure about your decision?” She asked as she looked up from her notebook.

“I’m completely sure. Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked tilting my head slightly for effect.

“With the pressures of who you are, what you do, and your history-“

“I’m sorry Doc, but are you suggesting that if I don’t continue seeing you, pressure is gonna over take me I'm going to relapse?”

“It’s very likely.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Well it is your choice Gerard.” She said with a very sad look on her face.


End Flashback

Oh god how right she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
......you guys like? I don't want to say much, i'm afraid I'll give too much away in here
<33 and FYI guys you really should listen to Kill Hannah *it helps when reading* lol
oh and I don't really know what Gee's doctor's name is, that's just a random name.

xoxo
reba rotten