Does the Hero Get the Girl?

Only The Strong Survive

Gerard’s POV

At the Concert

For the doors having just opened, it was pretty crowded already, but I had caught a glimpse of Reba and Alicia near the front of the stage. I was counting on this to work.

I made my way silently through the crowd; thankfully no one recognized me and shouted out my name, that would have made things a little worse for wear. Could you imagine a fan seeing me and screaming, ‘GERARD WAY AT 12 O’CLOCK’ or something? It would completely blow my cover.

I don’t see why I need a cover or have to plan a sneak attack just to talk to my own wife face to face, to could be the fact that she doesn’t know that I’ve been sober since the day she unofficially left me, or that I’m getting real help. Maybe if she knew those things, I wouldn't have to go to a Kill Hannah concert and sneak up and stand behind her like a pervert or an idiot, in my case.

“Uh…,” I said standing about a foot away from her. I knew she had heard me, her body had went still and she stopped talking to Alicia.

“Gerard?” Reba turned and looked at me. Her eyes were wide she looked like she did that last time I had saw her, broken and alone yet held together because she had to be. Her eyes were wet, just like last time too. “What are you doing here?” She asked it accusingly, her voice was the complete opposite of how she looked, amazing, that’s just the way she always was, amazing.

“Uh...Mikey he mentioned…”

“I’ll kill him, I swear,” Alicia stated, before whipping out her cell phone. I presumed to call Mikey and verbally kill him before she can make the physical assault, I looked after her for a second, hoping Mikey would survive his wife and her temper.

“Gerard?” Reba called me back to her and my eyes were fixated on her. “Look, I’m not mad anymore. Alicia told me that you’re getting help…” She was playing with her fingers like she always did when she was nervous about something, or anything.

“How’d she?...” I looked over at the woman that was currently bitching out my brother, then back over at Reba and saw she was doing the same thing except she was smiling at Alicia.

“Community Hot Line, I guess. You know we’re a hot topic on that thing.”

“Really, have there been talks about us, maybe getting back together?” I found her hand and gave it a squeeze, she squeezed back.

“Gee, I don’t kno-“

“Don’t say that, I’m getting better you said so yourself.” I smiled at her, I needed her back. It would make time in therapy fly by and she was more of a drug then anything, I had said it before, and I’ll say it again. I moved closer to her, she didn’t refuse. I pressed my lips to her's, and she still didn’t refuse. I lead her back to the car and she didn’t say a word, not even as we drove back to my house.