Does the Hero Get the Girl?

It Makes No Sense (no not) At All

Reba’s POV

Same Day

“So, can I ask what happened?” Frank asked after we had pulled away and were down the hill (think Hollywood but Jersey. Think like Tony Soprano’s house but bigger).

“I thought you already knew?” I asked giving him a look and raising my eyebrow, then turned away to stare out the rearview mirror and saw Gerard in it, I turned my heard and looked at my feet.

“Fine- but I can already guess, by Gerard standing out in the driveway,” He paused to take a look in his own mirror. “That you guys are gonna get back together?”

“No,” I quickly shot the idea down. “It’s not that I’m against it, or anything- it’s just that I’m afraid that us getting back together would interfere with him…” I was at a lost to what exactly to call it now.

“Him getting better?”

“Yeah…” I trailed off again and Frank left the conversation at that. He dropped me off at the apartment and said he’d tell Jamia to call; I thanked him and rushed inside to see Hannah.

When I got inside, it was a sight to see. Hannah was curled up in a ball on the floor under her Jack & Sally blanket and Mikey and Alicia were on the couch. The entire place was completely clean too, which it had not been since I had bought it. I went over to Hannah and gently picked her up.

“Hey Hun,” I hugged her as she rubbed her eyes and blinked them a few times before registering that it was me.

“Mommy?” She asked. I nodded then took my free hand that wasn’t holding her and put my finger up to my lips, and signaled her to be quite.

“Let’s go back to bed together, okay?” I asked quietly and she nodded, then we headed off to my room and a warm bed and a long nap.

Frank’s POV

After dropping Reba off, I did a U-turn and headed back to Gerard’s. He had called me about five seconds after Reba had gotten after the car. All he said was that he needed to talk to me then hung up.

When I got to the house, I knocked on the door, only to find that the door was unlocked.

“Gerard?” I called, but there was no answer. Instead, of just standing there and waiting I ventured in and searched in the most obvious places. The Kitchen. The Bedroom. The Living Room. The Backyard. But he wasn’t there. I was standing in the front hall, when I heard music. Duh Frank, the basement.

I went downstairs to the basement, which is actually what you should call ‘The Music Room’ because that’s where Gerard keeps (and where Reba used to keep) all of their cds, records (and in Gerard’s call Platinum, Gold and so on) and on one half there’s a recording studio. Nifty huh?

I walked towards the studio and saw Gerard in the producer’s booth. I opened the door and he looked up from the papers he was writing on.

“Frank! Finally man, I have some stuff I wanna talk to you about.” He smiled and then went back to writing as I pulled a chair up to the mixing board.

“Uh, it wouldn’t be some wacky weed or anything would it, Gee?” I asked looking at him sideways. He looked a wee bit too happy.

“Frankie, no. Can’t someone be happy, without being high?” He asked seriously. I nodded. “I’m just so glad about me and Re. I mean it even helped me through some writer’s block."

“Really?” I asked moving over a little to get a better look at the paper.

“Yea,” He looked up and studied me for a second. “What did she say?”

“She’s afraid.” That’s all I really wanted to tell him, but I knew he wanted more.

“Of what?” I looked up at him and as much as I wanted to help him, Reba was my friend too.

“You know what Gee? I’m not the one you should be having this conversation with.” I stood up from my chair and walked out of the studio.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh man… everyone just seems to be leaving Gerard… omg… GERARD=BRITNEY! …. I mean nothing against Britney I like her too... sorry that's just what totally came to me while writing... xD
<3

xoxo
reba rotten