Status: Completed

My Blood on Your Lips, Your Money in My Bra

Strange Surprises

When I reached my apartment, I began stripping before I even had the door closed all the way. My shirt came off, then my shoes, my socks, my pants, my bra. I kept my panties on, however, deciding that it'd be less awkward for anyone who happened to walk in that way. Then, I shifted to my necromancer form and walked over to the couch, slowly laying down on my front.

The feeling of the soft fabric against my breasts would've been nice if my mind hadn't been so clouded. What the hell had I been thinking, going to Eli like that? Sleeping with Gabriel? Using him in such a creepy way? Oh, yeah. I hadn't been thinking.

I folded my arms in front of me and let my chin rest on them. Why had I left in such a hurry? Why hadn't I tried again, this time with Eli's actual consent? He would've held himself back...maybe. Too far in, with too much pleasure involved, he was guaranteed to stop thinking, and I was guaranteed to encourage it.

Finally, I buried my face in my arms and closed my eyes to hide the blinding glow, sighing. Sex with Eli was impossible. Until that last dying moment we had agreed on, where one of us was, without a doubt, going to perish, there would be no blood, no intimate contact, no sex. And if death was going to be involved, why would we want to have sex, anyway?

I carefully maneuvered myself onto my back, barely managing to stay on the couch. All I wanted was sex with Eli. All he wanted was a taste of my blood. If I didn't fear for his life, I would sate us both.

It was such thoughts of gloom and death that finally lulled me into a dreamless sleep that I desperately needed. It was late, I had school in the morning, I had a war to deal with, clients, Eli, Terrence...

I needed more than sleep, really. But death just never comes as easily. The stingy bitch...

-

Thursday morning, I was up and out of the apartment before Gabriel even opened his eyes. I was grateful for this. I knew we needed to talk, that I should probably come clean about why I'd had sex with him, but it was just too early. The stress I was under didn't really help, either.

Most of my day was the usual boredom that came with school, but choir class held a little speck of sunshine for me. Kyrianna and I didn't have much time to talk, but it was enough to let me relax a little. She even noticed that I wasn't doing too well, being more cautious than usual when offering to hang out with me after school. I'd given her the best smile I could muster while accepting the offer, and the grin she had given me in return was enough to make my smile genuine.

School ended after a few more dreadful hours, and I met up with Kyrianna in front of the building.

"What would you like to do today?" I asked her as we started down the sidewalk.

She shrugged, offering me a small smile. "Wanna go to my house for once?"

"Depends. Would your parents hate me?"

"I doubt it. But there's no need to worry about them today. They should both be at work right now."

"All right, then. Your house it is."

Her smile grew. "Okay. Come on, then."

-

I soon found that the inside of the small house seemed much bigger than the outside. Things looked much better as well, not quite as plain as I'd imagined. Of course, I only got to see two rooms, but I was guessing that most of the house mirrored them. The living room, the first room we'd passed through, had simple tan walls and velvety furniture of a slightly darker color. Even I had to admit that the fireplace on the far wall was the room's best feature, however. The television was a bit larger than average, the carpet and the tables a bit newer, but that fireplace...

Soon enough, after a short flight of stairs and a brief walk down a hallway, we were in the girl's room. Here, the walls were a nice navy blue, the carpet a fresh white, and the bed an unmade mass of dark purple sheets. It was small, but not too bad.

Kyrianna closed the door in spite of the fact that no one was home, turning to me with another smile. "Nothing like what you're used to, I know, but I like it."

I nodded, my gaze still wandering about the room. I perched myself on the edge of her bed. "It's all right, I suppose. I could live in it without much trouble."

She merely nodded once as she approached the bed. After pushing her blankets aside, she sat down next to me, looking around her own room as she did so. "That's good."

Silence followed. There wasn't really much to say after that, nor was there much to do. Suddenly, however, Kyrianna's hand brushed mine. It was a light, quick touch, made as she shifted to cross her legs, yet when I looked over at her, she was blushing.

"Sorry," she mumbled, refusing to look at me.

"It's all right. No harm done." But I couldn't stop staring at her slowly fading blush. She was strange...

"Wanna watch TV or something?" she asked after a few seconds, once her face had fully regained its pale coloring. Her eyes met mine, now, not a hint of her previous embarrassment in them anywhere.

"Sure."

She grabbed her remote from the nightstand beside her bed and pointed it at her small television, set atop a mahogany dresser. The screen quickly came to life.

She flipped through the channels, and we both watched in silence. I already knew there wouldn't be anything on that was worth watching, but whatever. She was more easily amused than me, so perhaps she'd have more luck finding something.

"How about this?" she questioned, stopping on something I honestly hadn't expected: SpongeBob SquarePants.

Much to my own surprise, I shrugged. "It works." It was dumb as hell, but...why not? Dumb was sometimes entertaining.

Kyrianna laid down behind me, stretching out on what was left of her full-size mattress. Her feet rested on the hump that was her blankets at the end of her bed, but the mass of white pillows behind her helped her to see over them. She looked at me when she realized I found her more entertaining than this cartoon we'd been watching for barely a minute.

"You can...lay down with me, if you...want." Clearly, she felt awkward suggesting such a thing, but I merely shrugged.

"Sure." There was enough room for me. I wasn't really that big of a girl.

Carefully, I laid down beside her, propped up on the pillows just like her. My feet lay to the side of the blankets, however, and I was careful not to touch her. That would've made things weird.

My attention was back on the television the moment I was comfortable in this new position, yet Kyrianna couldn't seem to stop staring at me. I felt her gaze strongly, but I resisted the urge to look at her. After nearly half a minute, however, I couldn't help but give in to the urge.

"What?" With my face turned to hers, we were barely inches apart. I could feel her breath on my lips, see my breath lightly shifting her hair. I didn't feel the slightest bit awkward, however. Whether it was because I was a whore or because I didn't expect anything to come of this, I didn't know, nor did I care.

Silence reigned once again as we gazed at each other. The longer we laid like this, the more confused I became. Why wasn't she saying anything?

Suddenly, she rolled onto her side in a very slow, very careful motion. Her eyes never left mine, so now, I was looking up at her.

"What?" I repeated, thoroughly confused now.

But when her lips met mine, I understood.

Her eyes were closed, her heartbeat and breathing perfectly even. She was totally calm for once. The kiss was a chaste one, something I wasn't quite used to. Slowly, I kissed her back, my own eyes drifting shut.

It all made sense now. She blushed so much because she liked me. She ditched her human friends because she liked me. She clung to me because she liked me.

But...why exactly was I kissing her? I didn't really swing that way...At least, I'd never really thought about swinging that way...

It was I who ended the kiss, pulling away slowly and letting my eyes open again. Her face was beet-red already, her eyes wide and filled with embarrassment and perhaps a hint of shock.

"I'm...sorry," she managed to get out after a moment, her face still red.

"Don't be. But, I have to ask...Lesbian or bi?"

She looked away, her blush deepening. "Lesbian," she mumbled, the word barely audible.

"Works for me," I said simply, continuing to maintain my usual calm composure.

Her eyes wandered shyly back to mine. "And...you?"

I shrugged. "I've never really thought about it before. As I'm sure you've noticed, I have most of my experience with males." My gaze went to the ceiling as my head tilted lightly. "Bisexuality is an interesting concept, though..." She seemed slightly confused, so I turned my gaze back to her and said more clearly, "I'll call myself bicurious for now."

"O...kay..." Her blush was slowly fading once more, though her confusion was still there in full. No doubt she was wondering whether that meant we had something or not. I didn't feel like addressing the issue now, however, so my eyes went back to the bright colors of SpongeBob. She took the hint and went back to watching the show as well. Or, at least, she looked at the television and pretended. Her thoughts were clearly nowhere near SpongeBob. Mine weren't, either. Yet they weren't too close to hers, either.

And what can I do with this new toy of mine? Surely, she'll be more fun than Gabriel.

Half an hour passed with both of our gazes on the TV and all of our thoughts still in our heads. SpongeBob had ended, and I had no idea what was on now. I decided that I'd had enough of this, however, so I got to my feet.

"I should get home," I told Kyrianna as she sat up. "I'm supposed to meet someone soon."

She nodded. "All right. Would you like me to walk you out?"

"No, thank you. I'll make it on my own." I leaned down and placed a gentle kiss upon her lips, very nearly smirking when I pulled away and saw her reddening cheeks.

"O-okay," she stammered, unable to do or say much else.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kyrianna," I said as I made my way to the door.

"Y-yeah...Bye..."

The smirk that had been itching to escape came to life the moment I had the bedroom door closed behind myself. Bisexuality was most definitely an interesting concept, possibly a pleasing one, but what was more...she would definitely make a nice toy.

Feeling sick and twisted like I had so many times before, I left the house, still smirking to myself in that evil way.

Oh, the fun I could have...

-

When I reached my apartment, I found it far too quiet. I couldn't hear a single sign of Gabriel's presence anywhere. He was usually doing something at this time of day, whether it be sneaking about from room to room or searching for food in the kitchen. Yet, today, there was nothing. Just...silence...

"Gabriel?" I called cautiously while slowly closing the door. Receiving no sort of response, I took a step further into the apartment and repeated, "Gabriel?"

Slowly, I made my way through the house, silently inspecting each room. The kitchen was empty, as was the living room. My bedroom looked as if it hadn't really been touched since I'd left it with my clothes earlier that day. The bathroom appeared to be a bit cleaner than before, though, so Gabriel had at least been there at some point. I peeked behind the closed doors of the two storage rooms near the end of the hall, finding nothing, then, finally, I reached the door to the library in which Gabriel virtually lived.

I stood in the hall for a moment, searching the wall and the rest of the surrounding area for any signs of some sort of danger. There was nothing, though, no blood, no marks, nothing at all out of the ordinary. So, I had no choice. I opened the door.

The room's interior was pitch-black. There weren't any candles burning upon the table like there should've been, and that alone worried me beyond reason.

"Gabriel?" I called once more, stepping carefully into the room. The door slammed shut behind me, and, suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind.

"He's gone," a male whispered in my ear. His voice was unfamiliar, but that didn't really surprise me. Not many of the people I knew would be in my apartment like this.

"Where is he?" I growled, struggling to free myself from the man's strong hold.

"Terrence." Now, that one shocked me a bit.

I went limp in the man's arms, barely breathing. "What? Why?"

"You'll have to ask him," the male answered, amusement in his voice at my sudden fear. "I wasn't told."

My mind worked rapidly to produce some sort of reason for all of this. There wasn't one, though. There was no way Terrence could've known about my plans to help free Gabriel, and that was the only thing he could've had a problem with. Right...?

Another thought hit me after a few seconds. The guy holding me couldn't possibly have been a vampire. He surely hadn't been there this morning, when I'd been preparing for school, and the sun had been out since then...

"What are you?" I finally asked, figuring it couldn't hurt anything.

"A human. I work for Terrence." He sounded so proud of the fact that I actually laughed.

"Idiot." I threw myself backward, managing to knock him back with the unexpected movement. His grip loosened, and I quickly broke free before either of us could fall.

When I turned to face him, my eyes were glowing with their natural amethyst light. "Does Terrence want me to come to him?"

"He wanted me to bring you to him."

"I'd rather go by myself, thanks." And with that, I kneed him in the groin. A kick to the side of the head as he started to drop was just enough to have him unconscious on the floor, where I decided to leave him. Getting to Gabriel was far more important than getting a useless human out of my home.

I left my apartment at a quick walk, beginning to sprint once I was outside the building. If I didn't hurry, Gabriel could end up dying at Terrence's hand, and I couldn't live with the guilt of failing to save another innocent life. Or, at least, I didn't think I wanted to try...