Status: Completed

My Blood on Your Lips, Your Money in My Bra

Role Reversal

"That girl is staring at you again," the brunette who stood beside me whispered during choir the next day.

"Who?" I asked, glancing at her. She rarely talked to me, though I'd been next to her for quite some time now. I could barely remember her name. Alexandria...something...Larkin, maybe? Smith? Ah, well. Not like it mattered.

"The new girl," came the hushed reply, accompanied by a nod in the direction of the alto section.

I followed her gaze and found myself staring into the chocolate-brown eyes of the girl who had been introduced a couple of days ago. Her gaze was intense, full of wonder and admiration, but she quickly dropped it when she realized that I had noticed her. I watched her for a moment longer, than I turned to my neighbor, puzzled.

"She's stared at me before?" I questioned. I hadn't felt anything...Then again, I stopped paying attention to such things when I was in the company of so many humans. If any of them did decide to watch me, it was usually only for a minute, out of boredom, and their gaze was never so intent.

The brown-haired girl nodded, her light blue eyes meeting mine. "Mhm. Ever since she got here."

"Oh..." I looked at the new girl again, my head tilting slightly to the right. "I didn't notice."

That was the end of our conversation. Alexandria went back to watching the teacher while I continued to stare at the new girl. She didn't seem like anything special...Pale, brown-eyed, blonde-haired...About five-foot-seven, from what I could tell, just a bit shorter than me. She was thin, too. Not disgustingly so, but her stomach appeared flat beneath her tight-fitting green shirt. She was so...normal...

So why did she seem so interested in me?

-

After school, I left the building at my usual slow pace, though, this time, I kept an eye out for the new girl. I didn't see her at all, but that didn't really surprise me. I was just paranoid. My normalcy had been disturbed again, and I didn't appreciate it at all.

At least today was Friday. I didn't have to worry about her for a while. I did, on the other hand, have to worry about spending tonight and tomorrow at Terrence's house. Every Saturday was dedicated to him unless he said otherwise, which he rarely did. He would only cancel one of our appointments if something came up in his little underground empire. That had happened only once since I'd started...serving him, I suppose you could say, and he'd only done so because of a raid of his mansion. Several of his men had been killed and an even higher number of his other blood slaves had been stolen. Well, he'd said they were stolen. To anyone with normal morals, they'd been saved. Women of all ages and species, kidnapped and trapped in his dark mansion to be fed from whenever he or is men were hungry, for blood or sex or anything else imagineable...Yep. Definitely saved.

I made my way to Terrence's foreboding home immediately after leaving the school, knowing well that he would have anything I needed waiting for me. It had been this way for years.

Even in the early afternoon, bathed in sunlight, the building didn't look too welcoming. The tall, sturdy stone wall surrounding the property had gargoyles perched on top of it every few feet, the statues matching the ones situated to either side of the front door. The wrought iron gates blocking the asphalt drive up to the house made an eerie squeak as they swung open, giving way at just the light touch of my hand. No flowers or bushes or trees decorated the front lawn. There was only grass. The green was the only hint of color given to the outside of the estate. Everything else was gray.

When I reached the front door, I didn't even bother to knock. I simply walked in. The interior of the creepy place was dimly lit, candles being the main source of light. In a few of the rooms, their were small chandeliers and table lamps casting their own eerie glow, but candles were still the most common method of lighting.

I dropped my backpack by the door, then made my way to the nearest flight of stairs. The upstairs had floors covered primarily in lush red carpets, walls of varying dark shades, and thick, darkly-colored curtains everywhere. Vampires weren't ones for light, especially the kind that came from the sun. The entire mansion smelled of vampires, but the added mixture of sex and raw hunger existed only on the second floor.

The winding staircase that led upward permitted entrance to Terrence's chambers, in what was considered the attic of the place. Only he and I were allowed here. Not even his closest friends had permission to enter.

I opened the door when I reached the top of the stairs, beginning to say Terrence's name as I stepped in to the dark room. I stopped when I realized the male wasn't here at the moment. I took another step into the room and shut the door, looking around for a note. The large desk to my right held nothing that looked like such a paper, nor did the any of the shelves that covered the wall to the right of that. The king-sized bed, covered in blood-red, satin sheets and a gauzy canopy of the same color, held no note, either. The nightstand was empty as well. The last thing to see in the room was the dresser, and, of course, that was where the folded black paper rested, waiting for me to notice it. I went to it and unfolded it, beginning to read the white words scribbled across its front.

James requested a quick meeting with me in his study. Just this made me cringe, because James was an aggressive male who often begged Terrence to share me with him. Terrence always refused as politely as possible, but I feared that he might someday allow a threesome to occur. He was sadistic enough to do it. Luckily, he had been too possessive to go beyond occasionally pondering it...so far, anyway. I'll return as soon as I can. Change and shower as you please.That was it. He hadn't even wasted time signing it.

I dropped the paper back on the dresser and rolled my eyes. I was in my necromancer form in an instant, heading into the bathroom that had been added to the attic space to survey my appearance. Blood-red hair was fine, silvery skin was unmarked by dirt or wounds, clothes were in perfect condition...I decided not to do anything for the bastard. He hated when I smelled like the humans I'd been around all day, but he'd already told me I could shower as I pleased, so...it was his own fault if he didn't like my scent.

I wandered out of the bathroom and went to the only window in this portion of the attic. There were other rooms with other windows, but those were mainly full of Terrence's records and more books. I'd explored them a few times before and found nothing interesting. Here, however, in the vampire's beautiful room, there was this window. I pulled the red curtains covering it aside slightly so I could look at the stained glass. There were reds and blues and purples among a few other dark colors, all scattered about in a mess that I thought strongly resembled the result of an exploded rainbow. The window was large and arched at the top, and I found it rather pretty. Terrence never uncovered it, though, not even at night when he had no sun to worry about.

Lightly, I touched the glass, my fingers tracing the edges of a red-colored piece. It was cool, though the room was warm. It reminded me vaguely of my skin, always ice-cold no matter what the temperature. I'd stuck my finger over a candle's flame once and felt nothing. It was irritating.

The hand holding the curtain was seized suddenly, and I was tugged away from my window, the drapery slipping from my grasp. Soon, I was against a lean body, breathing in the familiar, dark scent of Terrence.

"You smell like human," he murmured to me as his arms tightened around my waist, holding me even closer to him.

I let my head rest on his shoulder, but made no attempt to return the embrace. "Of course. I just came from school."

"You should have showered."

"I didn't want to."

"Hm." He said nothing else as he lifted me into his arms and carried me toward the bathroom. My arms went around his neck quickly, loosely holding on.

I was soon being perched on the black porcelain of the toilet, my arms slipping away from him. I cocked an eyebrow as I watched him slip my shoes and socks off.

"What are you doing?"

"Removing your clothes," he answered simply, now helping to rid me of my shirt. "People usually shower naked, you know."

Smartass, I thought, though all I said was, "I suppose you'll be helping me shower, too, then?"

"But of course." My pants were the next to go, then he moved on to getting his own clothes off. And, of course, all I could do was sit there in my bra and underwear and stare. It wasn't my fault he was amazingly gorgeous...It really sucked that I hated him so damn much.

Naked now, he glanced at me. "Well, come on, love."

I sighed and removed my undergarments, finding myself standing beneath a spray of ice-cold water a moment later. I barely felt the cold, and Terrence helped to distract me even further by shoving me up against the shower wall. He pinned me there, naturally, his muscled body against mine once more. He kissed me roughly, but I didn't return it. Instead, I turned my face away, causing him to growl. I smirked.

"Hold on, love," I said, taunting him. I was the one doing the pinning in under a second, his back against the wall now. I was surprised by how easy it had been to do that, though I let it pass quickly. "I want to try something."

"You are trying something," he murmured in my ear, now far too close to his mouth as I moved my face closer to his neck.

I looked at his throat, my smirk growing. "Something else."

My canines were nothing like his fangs, long and pointy and meant for this, but they were a bit sharper than a human's, so it wasn't too hard to get them into him. An odd sound came from him as I pierced his flesh, a mixture of growl and groan, and I figured that meant he liked it. I let a bit of his blood fill my mouth, deciding I liked it after a brief taste. A pull from the tiny holes I'd made brought more of the chilly substance into my mouth, and I swallowed it rather greedily.

His hands were on the small of my back, now, holding my body even closer to his. He made another noise when I began to drink from him more quickly, this one pure moan.

Well, at least now I knew why some vampires liked to drink from each other instead of from humans. Sure, the human blood was warmer and richer, but vampire blood wasn't exactly bland, and the taking of it brought the vampire being bitten far more pleasure than any human could have felt.

I pulled away after only a minute, looking up to find Terrence looking down at me with that animalistic vampire look in his dark eyes. His fangs had elongated as well, showing just how hungry he'd become.

Smirking once again, I slipped out of his arms and stepped out of the shower. He got out after me with the swift, jerky movements of a vampire consumed by his own thirst. Still soaking wet from the shower, I ran out of the bathroom, and he followed, having me on the bed far faster than I'd anticipated.

Usually, we'd make our way from sex to blood or vice versa, but today, Terrence took both at the same time.

Hungry vampires were so damn fun.

-

I awoke at one o'clock the next morning to the sound of a soft knock on the door. I'd only been asleep for a couple of hours, so, naturally, I was irritated by being woken so soon. I mean, after spending nearly eight hours with Terrence, a girl needed a rest.

At a second knock, I glanced over my shoulder at Terrence. The male was fast asleep, not even twitching at the sound of the knocking. He had an arm around me, his other arm being used as a pillow since we'd knocked the real pillows off of the bed. His brown hair appeared to be just as messy as mine was, his body covered in just as much blood as mine as well. Most of the red substance belonged to me, but he was sporting a few new bite marks, too.

"Terrence?" a questioning voice finally said, though whoever it belonged to didn't open the door. Smart man.

"Hold on a second," I called to the male. The sound of my voice must have woken Terrence up, for when I looked at him again, he was watching me with sleepy brown eyes. "Someone's at your door," I whispered to him.

He growled softly as he sat up, leaving the bed to go find some clothes. Once he had a random pair of jeans on, he headed toward the door, but I stopped him with a simple command of, "Fix your hair."

He looked at me as he reached up to touch it, then he growled again and went into the bathroom. I actually snickered at that. It was fun when he was annoyed and tired.

When the vampire made his way to the door again, I grabbed one of the pillows off of the floor and used it to cover myself as I sat up on the bed. The man standing at the top of the stairs beyond the door was another vampire, of course, but I didn't recognize him. He was new here, judging by the way he fidgeted and looked down when he spoke to Terrence. He couldn't have been older than fifteen, either. At least, he didn't look like he could've been older than that.

"We caught a human wandering around outside," the boy stated, staring at Terrence's bare feet. "We want to know what you'd like us to do with him."

Terrence cocked an eyebrow down at the younger male, no longer irritated. "A human? Who is he?"

The boy shrugged. "He won't tell us."

"Ah." Terrence thought for a moment, then said simply, "Take me to him."

Soon, I was left alone, staring at the closed attic door. I got up and dropped the pillow, pondering as I walked into the bathroom.

Why would a human come anywhere near this place? Did he know what lurked here, or had he just come in on a dare? That had happened once before to a younger male. How old was this one? His age could've lowered the number of possibilities.

I took a quick shower, put on some of the clothes Terrence always had ready for me in his bottom dresser drawer, then left the attic space after quickly slipping my shoes on.

Curious, I tried to find where the human was. Surely Terrence hadn't killed him yet. It had only been ten minutes.

The sound of angry shouts led me to the entrance hall, where Terrence, the young vampire I'd never met, and several other bloodsuckers stood, surrounding a teenaged male. I recognized him immediately. I didn't know his name, though I knew I'd seen him before. He used to be in choir with me, but he'd dropped the class for some reason. It had been a pity. He had such a wonderful voice...

"Your kind isn't even supposed to exist!" the male yelled, his voice reflecting the anger in his pale green eyes. His hair was a red far lighter than mine, a normal shade for a human, though I still found the color rather pleasing.

Terrence rolled his eyes, annoyed once more. "Just kill him. He's starting to piss me off." The vampires holding the human's arms began to nod, but they stopped when I stepped forward.

"Oh, come on, Terrence," I said with a sigh. "Is that really all you can think of to do with him?"

The man turned to me while crossing his arms. "What else is there to do?"

I shrugged, now walking calmly to where my backpack still laid on the floor by the door. I slung it over my shoulder and said simply, "You can come up with something." When I turned to look at the males again, I found the human watching me intently. I let my head tilt gently to one side. "What? Have you never seen a necromancer before?" He said nothing, his eyes dropping to the bite marks that covered my neck. My shower had helped them to heal a bit, though the faded marks were still visible.

"You feed on helpless women?!" the human shouted as he turned back to Terrence.

All of the vampires stared at the human for a moment, then they began laughing hysterically. Except for the young one, of course. He didn't even know who I was.

"Her? Helpless?" one of the males asked through his laughter.

"That's like calling a T-rex a candy-ass," another added.

"Oh, God," Terrence managed to say between his own laughs. "Lock him up somewhere. Maybe he can amuse us with more of his wisdom later."

The human paled, turning his wide eyes to me and silently pleading for help. I merely shrugged. It wasn't like I could do anything for him.

With only the human watching me, I left the mansion. Walking home alone at two in the morning sounded far more appealing than staying here. Especially now that a human was begging me to help him. Poor guy...I was just glad he'd taken my position as entertainment for the night.