Status: Finished

People Change and Promises Are Broken

Chapter Two

First lesson was Biology. Rachel knew she was rubbish at biology. As she entered the room, she scanned around for an empty seat. There was no empty seat.

"Attention class, I'd like to introduce a new pupil, Rachel. She has just transferred here from England," Miss Kunkle explained, dragging Rachel to the front of class.

Rachel blushed and waved slightly.

"Hey," she mumbled.

"Don't be so shy, tell us about yourself!" Miss Kunkle exclaimed.

"Erm, well, I am 14, I have one older sister, I like music and erm, I dunno, That's about it really..." Rachel concluded.

"Omg, say 14 again...You say it like fuoarteen," A girl called.

"Amber, please!" Miss Kunkle growled.

Rachel blushed profusely before rushing back to her seat.

"Now onto the subject of biology, today we will be studying the bionic structure of a ..." Miss Kunkle droned on.

"Hey, Brit!" Ashley called out to Rachel, "Do you have any tea?"

Rachel turned round and stared at her.

"And that is meant to mean what?" Rachel enquired, although knowing fully what Ashley was implying.

"Don't listen to them, " Lilly reassured her, "that's Amber and Ashley, The school witches."

Rachel laughed quietly, provoking Amber and Ashley, resulting in a large ball of paper get thrown at her. Luckily enough, Miss Kunkle had seen this happening.

"Amber, Ashley, detention tonight," she called as the class bell rang to signal the end of the lesson.

Ashley pushed Rachel as she left the room,

"I wouldn't get in my way," she threatened, "Or you'll have me and Amber to answer to."

"Oooh, I'm terrified," Rachel said, sarcastically.

"Yeah, you should be!" Amber said.

"Oooooh, Tssssss," the two girls sang loudly before flicking their hair and strutting away.

"Just ignore them," Lilly reassured.

"Yeah look at it this way, they hate Miley more!" Oliver said, attempting to help, but resulting in Lilly hitting him.

"Ouch!" he moaned, jumping away from Lilly, only to immediately jump back to join her.

"Are you guys together?" Rachel asked.

"Us? No," Oliver and Lilly replied in unison.

"Hey, where did Miley go?" Lilly asked, rapidly changing the subject.

" I dunno," Rachel replied, scanning the area.

"So Rachel, do you wanna come to the mall with us later?" Lilly offered kindly.

"The mall?" Rachel asked, confused.

"Shopping," Lilly laughed.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" Rachel grinned.

By the time 4pm came around, Rachel was on her way to the mall with Miley and Lilly. Oliver had refused to come because apparantly girls just talk, talk, talk.

"So, where first?" Rachel asked.

"I would love to say that we could shop but boy scouting sounds so much better!" Miley squealed.

"Why not do both?" Rachel asked after a short silence.

"Yeah! Then we can shop and stare at the cute shop assistants!" Miley giggled.

"Bloody hell, you're even more boy mad than my sister!" Rachel joked.

"Duhh!" Lily said, pulling Rachel and Miley into a nearby store.

About half an hour later, the girls finally left the shop. Lilly and Miley were carrying various bags, whilst Rachel was just wearing her new rollerblades.

"Wasn't the shop assistant soooooooo cute?" Miley cried.

Lilly was preoccupied staring at Rachel's rollerblades.

"I wish I could rollerblade," Lilly muttered.

"I'll teach you if you want!" Rachel exclaimed, "You can have my other pair!"

"Ohmygosh! Sure!" Lily thanked Rachel.

"EEEEEEP! OH MY JONAS!" Miley screamed.

Rachel looked up quickly, to see Nicholas Jonas, her childhood best friend standing there, and all the blood drained out of her face as he turned, looking directly at her...