Status: Finished

People Change and Promises Are Broken

Chapter Six

Joe, having heard Nick's door slam shut, pulled Rachel into his room.

"Look!"

Rachel looked around Joe's room. It was neater than she expected. He had numerous photographs on his walls. Looking at them, she recognised some of the people. There was one of Joe, Ellie and Kevin sat in the front garden, with Nick and Rachel in the tree behind them. The exact same picture that Rachel had on her wall at home.

"I have that photo on my wall too," she told Joe.

"So does Nick, and Kevin," Joe said to Rachel.

"I'm sure Nick hasn't," Rachel mumbled, shaking her head.

There was a knock on the door, and Kevin entered.

"Hey Rach, come and see my room."

"I wouldn't," Joe whispered, "It's a horrible mess. You can barely see the floor."

Rachel laughed slightly, before following Kevin along the corridor. They entered Kevin's room.

Joe was right. The room was awfully messy, with clothes strewn everywhere. There were guitars hung off the walls, and he too had the photograph above his bed.

"This room is messier than mine," Rachel told Kevin.

"It's not messy!" Kevin pouted, "I know where everything is!"

As they left the room, they heard Nick playing his guitar.

"He sounds good," Rachel said, smiling weakly.

Mrs Jonas appeared at the top of the staircase.

"Rachel, would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked.

"No thankyou," Rachel replied.

"Okay," Denise smiled, before returning downstairs.

"The house is so quiet," Rachel stated, "Where is your dad, and Frankie?"

"On a baseball trip," Joe replied, following Rachel and Kevin as the walked downstairs.

"Lucky them," Kevin said, "I wish I could've gone."

Rachel looked at her watch. "I think I need to go."

"Okay," Kevin said, "Do you want a lift?"

"No thanks," Rachel said, "I'll walk back through the park."

After Rachel had said her goodbyes, she walked down the road, and turned into the park. She paused and sat on a bench.

"I made it through," She whispered.

Hearing footsteps, Rachel looked up, and her heart skipped a beat. It was Nick.

Nick walked over, and passed her a CD. Looking into her eyes for a few moments, he turned and walked away.

"What?" Rachel mumbled to herself, and looking down at the disk, she read: Sorry...