Status: Finished

People Change and Promises Are Broken

Chapter Eight

"Wow, wow, wow..." Miley was hyperventilating, "Jonas, Jonas, Oooooooh."

Nick looked at her, his arms still clamped around Rachel's waist, and smiled weakly.

"He smiled at me!" Miley swooned, "He is mighty fine!"

Lilly rolled her eyes, pulling Miley away from the pair, guessing that they wanted to talk.

"So, what's changed?" Nick asked Rachel, leading her to the sofa.

"A lot really. Obviously, I've moved here," she laughed feebly, collapsing down onto the sofa, pulling Nick down beside her. "You know all about the family and such... I've grown up a lot, as you can see.."

Rachel sat and explained everything that had happened in the past few years, stopping for breath occasionally.

"But you Nick. Enough about me, what's happened with you?"

Nick smiled, "I'm a singer now."

"You always had a flair for singing," Rachel smiled, remembering their several hundred 'concerts' and 'auditions'.

"If I remember correctly, you were pretty awesome yourself," Nick laughed.

"Now that's a lie.." she mumbled, looking at her knees to shield her rapidly reddening face from Nick.

From the other side of the room, Miley and Lilly had overheard part of Nick and Rachel's conversation.

"Singer?" Miley said, "Rachel is a singer?"

Lilly laughed, "She's amazing, I heard her yesterday... she's nowhere as good as you..." Lilly trailed off as she spotted Miley's furious expression.

"She's pretty, she's new here and she can sing? Oh it's on" Miley glared at Rachel (not that she'd know, because she was engaged in conversation with Nick)

She walked over to Oliver.

"Me and Lilly are going home."

"Why?"

"I don't wanna stay, we have Hannah business to deal with."

Oliver raised his eyebrows at Lilly, as she was dragged out of the room by Miley. He knew that there would be a fierce competition between Rachel and Miley, but he knew that things would work out in the end.
For the timebeing, Nick and Rachel were happy, and everything seemes to be just as it should. Maybe people could have happy endings after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know if you find any spelling/grammatical errors.

Thanks for reading!