Status: Complete

Eleanor & Fred

Talking & Discoveries

George managed to calm Fred down in a matter of minutes before he sent him to talk to me. Fred gave me a small smile as he sat down beside me on the floor, where I had remained after Fred found George and me.

“I’m sorry, Ell.” He grabbed one of my hands in his and rubbed his thumb back and forth on the back of it. “I just…I don’t know what I was thinking. It’s just…with George and me…he always gets things. I know it seems like we’re the same, but we’re not. He always understands things faster and, though it’s hard to tell, he’s way more outgoing than I am. He sort of covers up my insecurities.”

“So, you thought he could steal me from you?” Fred wouldn’t meet my gaze as he nodded. I forced him to look at me before continuing. “Even if he did want to, which I’m almost certain he doesn’t, he couldn’t. He’s not you, Fred, and you’re the one I love, alright?”
“Alright, Ell. I love you too.” I smiled at him before giving him a quick kiss on the lips. “Now, what did George tell you we were talking about and how much do I have to explain?”

* * * * *

The following morning I met Fred by the front door of the castle with my bags. Alice, Wes, and Jay were all staying behind for the holidays, eager to work on some of the spells from Dumbledore’s Army, though there wouldn’t be any meetings.

“Are you sure your mum will be alright with this?”

“Trust me; Mum loves to take in other people’s kids.” I rolled my eyes and grinned at Fred’s comment before we began making our way toward the carriages that would take us to Hogsmeade to board the train.

I shivered against the cold, winter air, grateful for Fred’s help carrying my things. It was weird to think that everything I owned was with me. I wasn’t sure where I would be going after the Weasley’s, but I knew that I had someplace to stay temporarily.

Once we boarded the train, we found a compartment with Fred, Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Fred and I filled the last two remaining seats, causing the compartment to be cramped but filled with cheerful conversation nonetheless.

I noticed that Fred made sure to sit between George and I, but that was the only sign that anything had happened. I was grateful for Fred’s trust, even if it was deserved. Halfway through the train ride I leaned my head on Fred’s shoulder and let the voices of the others lull me to sleep.

* * * * *

“Wake up, Love.”

Fred’s whisper caused me to wake and find us alone in the compartment. “Are we there?”

“Yeah…everyone else has already gotten off. Let’s go sleepy.”

We gathered our stuff and headed off the train. I spotted Elijah a ways down the platform and made sure to avoid eye contact. As much as I hated to think about it, he was better off forgotten.

“One more thing,” Fred stated, before we reached the group of redheads, Harry, and Hermione. “We aren’t going…to my house.”

“Where are we going?”

“I can’t tell you now, but just go with it, okay?” I nodded and allowed Fred to lead me toward his family.

“Eleanor, Fred has told me so much about you,” Mrs. Weasley greeted. “He’s never written to me so much from school before!” I felt my cheeks flush as Mrs. Weasley pulled me into a breathtakingly tight hug. “Of course, I was rather surprised to get the letter yesterday explaining that you were coming home with him, but…under the circumstances…well, we’re glad to have you!”

“Thank you,” I grinned, sure that my face was as red as a tomato.

Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all just smirked, obviously knowing my embarrassment. I was sure that Mrs. Weasley gave such warm welcomes quite often.

* * * * *

The group bustled into a small, dingy hall, everyone dispersing in separate directions. Finally, it was just Fred and I remaining by the inside of the door. “Where are we?”

“This…is the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix.”

“The what?”

Fred explained to me that Dumbledore had formed the organization the last time that You-Know-Who had risen to power and that they had reunited it so that they could fight when the time came. He also told me how secret it was, even though I found it quite obvious.

“So, would you like a tour, m’lady?”

“Yes, please, kind sir.”

He took my hand and led me around the house, showing me the kitchen and sitting room. During the tour I met Tonks and Kingsley Shacklebolt, both of whom were only there for a moment or two before leaving. I was also surprised to see Professor Lupin and Professor Moody there as well.

“Where will I be sleeping?” I asked.

“With Ginny and Hermione. This way…” I followed him up a few flights of stairs, tugging Fred to a stop on one of the landings.

“Fred!” I hissed. “It’s Sirius Black!” I stared down the corridor at the man exiting one of the rooms. He was turning toward us when Fred barked out a laugh, causing both Sirius and I to jump.

My eyes widened as Sirius Black grinned and began walking toward us. “Oh, Sirius,” Fred grinned, “I forgot to fill poor Ellie here in. I think you nearly gave her a heart attack.”

“I am sorry about that,” Sirius stated sincerely, making eye contact with me.

“What is going on?” I questioned, extremely confused.

“Sirius is on our side. It’s a long story, lots of details. Boring, really.” Fred’s answer caused Sirius to grin. “He’s Harry’s godfather.” I raised my eyebrows at this statement, but didn’t comment.

In the last month I had gone from worrying about getting a detention to sharing a house with a man whom I believed to be a mass-murder.

Who knew my life would be so interesting?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my LAST pre-written chapter. I would like at LEAST 2 comments before I write more. Please comment. I'd like to know people actually care if I continue! Thanks so much for reading. :)