Status: Complete

Eleanor & Fred

Opinions & A Meeting

I wanted desperately to write to Fred about what I was learning. Within a week I had been caught up to everything the Order knew. After that, most of the conversations were about what could be going on at the ministry, what You-Know-Who could be waiting for before he makes his first public appearance, and there was even a smattering of talk about Umbridge’s many appearances in the Daily Prophet. We all hoped that everyone at school was staying out of trouble. My scars were a constant reminder of just how vile a human being could be, while Fred’s had almost vanished.

It was February 12th and I was seated in the sitting room, sprawled across the couch with Ivan snuggled into my side snoring and kicking his feet while he slept. In the short bit of time I’d had him he’d already grown a tremendous amount.

I looked up as someone entered the room and smiled at Remus. He took a seat in the armchair looking thoughtful. I waited patiently for him to reveal his thoughts.

“I have a question for you,” he stated, glancing at me and then into the crackling fire. “You seem like a bright, young girl and I think I can trust you not to judge.” He paused and I sat up. Ivan awoke as I moved and huffed at me before crawling to the opposite end of the couch and curling into a small fuzz ball. “What would you say if I told you…that Tonks and I have been discussing marriage?”

“I knew it!” I squealed, delighted, causing Remus to smile. Since becoming a member of the order I had, indeed, learned that Remus was a werewolf. However, I also observed how much Tonks adored him and I knew that nothing could keep them apart. “If you want my honest opinion,” I stated, “I think it’s bloody brilliant. Who else have you told?”

“Well, I have discussed it with Sirius a bit, and I had a small conversation with Dumbledore, but I’m not sure how everyone’s going to take it. Heck, I’m not even sure myself.”

I frowned. “You aren’t sure you want to marry Tonks?”

“No, that’s not it,” he sighed. “I’m not sure I want her to marry me. I feel like she’s getting the worse end of the bargain here and I’m just letting her.”

“Nonsense,” I said. “Tonks is a smart woman and she knows exactly what she is agreeing to. You can see it in her eyes, you know. There is nothing you could do to make her happier than to be with her.”

“She’s right.” I jumped at Tonks’ voice and Reums and I turned to see her standing in the doorway. She was getting better at avoiding that hazardous troll leg as she came in these days. “Let’s tell everyone at dinner tonight.”

Remus crossed the room and took her hands in his. “Alright,” he smiled. Tonks grinned widely and pulled him into a fierce hug.

After dinner that evening, which was filled with much excitement and a few rounds of butterbeers, there was a meeting of the Order. I sat in my usual seat beside Sirius.

“Well?” he began. “What have we heard? What’s new?” He was more eager to hear things than the others, being unable to go out and find out information for himself.

“Another muggle family has turned up missing,” Kingsley stated, sitting on Sirius’ other side. “It seems as if he’s picking them off at random.”

I shuddered, trying not to think of what torturous activities You-Know-Who was up to.

“Well, there’s not much that can be done about that,” Lupin stated, his and Tonk’s clasped hands sitting visible upon the table. “Sure, protective charms might work, but we can’t exactly put a charm over all of Europe, can we?”

“What about you Severus?” Mad-Eye chimed in.

“Well,” he began, “So far the Dark Lord has not revealed anything to me, and I can assure you that if anyone were to know it would be me.” I rolled my eyes and this did not go unnoticed by Snape. He narrowed his eyes at me before continuing. “He has revealed that his plans include a break-in to the Ministry, though I do not know the details.”

As usual, Snape was less-than-helpful.

“Arthur?” Remus spoke up.

“As Kingsley will agree, more and more Ministry employees have been acting odd. We believe that they are under the imperius curse. I think our main concern is keeping a watch on those close to the Minister, of course. I believe Kingsley has this covered for the most part, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a few extra people keeping watch for anything strange going on with any other Ministry personnel. Macnair has been acting slightly suspicious lately.”

“I’ll keep an eye on him,” Remus stated.

“There’s also Dawlish,” Moody added, referring to the Auror.

“I’ll cover him,” Tonks nodded.

“There’s also Cuthridge Mockridge,” Kingsley added. This was the only name that I hadn’t heard of. “Head of the Goblin Liaison Department.”

It was quiet for a few moments, before the words tumbled out of my mouth. “I’ll watch him. I want to help.”

Everyone shared a few glances before Remus nodded. “Alright then. Looks like you’ve got your first assignment, Ellie. I’ll give you everything you need to know tomorrow, and I guess that concludes this meeting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, again I hope this is staying interesting! I didn't plan on this story being so long! It's going a different direction than it started, but I hope it's still good!
Thanks so much for reading. Comments? :)