Status: Complete

Eleanor & Fred

Breakfast & Confrontations

“I can’t believe I have detention on a Saturday,” Alice grumbled as we took our seats for breakfast.

“It’s kind of your own fault,” Jay responded, already piling his plate with food. Alice rolled her eyes before turning to me.

“Alright, spill. Did you hold hands? Kiss? What happened?” Though I normally would not have liked to talk about such a thing with others around, Jay was absorbed in his food and Wes, like always, was hidden behind a book.

“Well…I think he almost held my hand…” Even as the words escaped my mouth, I realized how disappointed I sounded.

“Almost? What do you mean?”

“Well…when we were walking back, his hand kept brushing mine, but he never actually grabbed it.”

“Ellie,” Alice sighed, “I think this boy really likes you. I mean, Fred is never shy, but I think when he’s around you he gets that way. I think you make him nervous.” I shook my head in disbelief, helping myself to some toast. “Face it, Ell; this boy is in l-o-v-e, love.”

* * * * *

Jay and I were, once again, deserted by Alice and Wes, though this time it was because Alice had her detention and Wes would rather be in the library than socializing. It was Saturday, so it had only been one day since my ‘date’ with Fred and I was already eager to see him again. I was lost in thought when I heard someone say my name. I looked up to see Elijah walking down the hallway with a group of his friends. “Oh, goody.”

I shot Jay a glare before standing and walking toward my brother. “What do you want?”

“I heard you and Fred Weasley might have a thing.” Behind him, his friends snickered.

“What do you care?” My tone was harsher than intended, but I wasn’t sorry.

“I just don’t think our parents would find that knowledge pleasant.” He shot me a meaningful glance, and for a moment I thought I saw a hint of caring. Was he trying to look out for me? Keep me from falling farther in our parents’ eyes? After his next statement, I decided I didn’t care what his reasons were. “And besides, even you could do better than a
dim-witted, mud-blood loving Weasley.”

Elijah turned on his heels, leading the group of grinning Slytherins back in the direction they came from, leaving me standing, fists clenched, staring after them.

“What a prick.” Jay stood and walked over to me, sympathy in his expression. “Can I turn him into something nasty while he sleeps tonight? How about a squid?”

I sighed, letting some of my frustration out. “Or a bug so I could squish him. But…I wonder if he’s right.”

“Don’t worry, Ell. You’re never going to be completely alone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is only half as long as the others. Please comment, rate, message!! I have five more chapters written so far and I will post them if people do the previously mentioned things! :)