Stairway To Heaven

Pack up and Move

“What did you do to yourself?” Natalie yelled at me while giving me an if-you-screwed-up-your-hand-and-can’t-play-on-Friday-the-you’re-a-dead-girl, look. She was starring at my newly bandaged hand.

“Calm down Nat, I got a tattoo, nothing big.” I said coolly.

She shook her head at me, “that better be the case Amelia Brea, or you’re dead.”

I rolled my eyes at her. I have gotten this speech numerous times from everyone in the band. They call me the walking disaster, or Newton’s 4th law: Whatever could go wrong, will go wrong. I guess it’s true.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me girl.” Natalie has taken on the mother roll ever since 6th grade, since my mom ran out on Mikey and I when I was 10.

“It’s just a little sore and is going to be for a week. It’s not like it’s going to effect my playing on Friday night.” I hope that what I said was true.

Natalie didn’t look to thrilled to be fighting with me tonight. “Whatever, just put on some gloves until you take the bandages off. You wouldn’t want to have this same conversation with Dave, now would you?” I shook my head. “Just to be safe, go grab your bass and play a riff of ‘Trash’ right now.”

I just stared at her and shook my head. “You’re unbelievable, I hope you are aware that I am 22 and I’m capable of making my own decisions.”

She glared at me, “Go get your fucking guitar now!” She was getting pretty heated and mad. I shrugged and went to fetch my bass just to please her.

I returned and played a couple riffs for her. “Happy?” I said in a not to nice voice.

She just gave me an evil look and beckoned me away. I was tired so I went to my bedroom and threw my guitar on the bed and took a shower. I felt a lot better when I was done with my shower. I walked into my bedroom, changed and flopped onto my bed. “Fucking A.” I mumbled when I realized that I just flopped right onto my guitar. My black and silver studded guitar strap was digging into the small of my back. To drained to deal with it right now so, I just rolled over onto my stomach and went to sleep.

8:00am

I woke to someone yelling my name very loudly. I made some unintelligible noises and rolled over on top of my guitar. I really have to move that thing. “

Amii, I know you love your guitar but sweaty, you have to wake up and get to work.” I squinted my eyes to see who was speaking to me. It was Jason, of course. That kid is always over here. “I’ll say it slower this time, you-have-to-go-to-work-or-you-are-going-to-be-late.” My head shot up at the sound of being late. Normally that wouldn’t concern me but, I have missed to many days of work to my managers pleasure. On a shorter note, if I’m late today, I loose my stupid job. “It’s nice to see you still breathing,” Jason smirked at me as I rushed my him to get to the bathroom.

Dave’s POV

‘Damn this toast is dry’. I thought to myself while picking off some of the burned pieces. Jason went to wake up Amii about 5 minutes ago. I heard some yelling on Amii’s behalf. I took another look at my toast and shrugged. ‘oh well I’m starving, so this will have to do.'

Natalie came walking into the kitchen looking fine as always. “Morning David,” she said cheerfully.

“Morning,” I called back.

“What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

I shrugged at her, “just here to chill until you guys leave. I have a day off today and tomorrow.”

She smiled sweetly at me and grabbed a cup of coffee. “I heard Jason here to.” I watched her raise the coffee mug up to her soft pink lips.

“Ya, he went down the hall to wake up Amii.”

She laughed at me causing her pin straight electric blond hair to go flying all over her face and the counter top. “That’s just how Amii likes to be woken up in the morning.”

I nodded my head, “Oh Ya she was just thrilled.” I said to her sarcastically. Natalie was examining her hair.

She pulled one of her pink stands of hair into her line of vision. “I need to recolor my hair for Friday.” She continued to examine her hair. “I think I’m going to make the bottom layer a different color blond and the top layer have pink fringe with my eclectic blond.” She said more to herself.

“Good morning my fellow musicians,” Jason said excessively cheerfully, as he entered the kitchen area. He smacked Natalie on the butt as he passed her. He’s so lucky that he can get away with shit like that. Just then, Amii came stumbling in to the kitchen, giving Jason a nasty look.

“Morning” I called out to her. She whipped her head so she was making eye contact with me.
She gave me a quick flirty smile, “Good morning.” She started to search the fridge for something to eat.

Amelia’s POV

I jumped into Jason’s Volvo and we sped off to work. “So what tattoo did you get?” Jason asked me not taking his eyes off the road.

I laughed at him, “How did you find out?” He smirked at me, “I have my resources.”

I flicked him in the arm, “I have to wear gloves to the gig on Friday though."

He looked at me questionably, “do you own any gloves,” he asked.

I nodded, “ Ya, I have those good and evil fingerless gloves that Jake bought me for my birthday last year. They are too big so they should fit over the bandage.” We arrived at my work. I checked the time, “Shit I’m 8 minutes late,”

I went to open the door but Jason locked the car on me. I shot him a look, “open the door Jay.” He shook his head. “Look I’m going to be really late if you play these games.”

He shook his head again, “You don’t get to leave until you say that ‘Jason is the best person in the world, and if I didn’t have a boyfriend, would totally fuck his brains out right now, because he is so nice to drive me to work everyday."

I rolled my eyes at him. “Fine. Jason is the best person in the world, and if I didn’t have a boyfriend I would totally fuck his brains out right now, because he is so kind to drive me to work everyday.”

Jason unlocked the door, “thank you very much, good thing I recorded that on my phone so I can show everyone that you are willing to screw me.”

I slammed the door closed and gave him the middle finger as I ran into the building. I darted to the clock were I punched my card in.

When I turned around, I was face to face with my stuck up adviser. “Why were you late today Ms. Brea?”

I gulped, “um I had car troubles Mr. Marlow.” I smiled unconvincingly at him. He reeked of the over use of axe and his hair was gelled back to attempt to make him look more professional. He blew me off and walked into his dingy little ‘office’.

“Hi loser”, I glanced to my left and saw Ashley smirking at me.

“Well hello to you too.” I returned. She threw me my price sticker gun thing and dragged me to aisle 5, were we continued to rot our brains out the rest of the day.

Practice 7:00pm

“I think we’re ready for the gig tomorrow.” Dave announced satisfied. Brian, Johnny and Zacky came to our practice tonight.

“Ya, you guys sounded really good.” Brian complimented us.

“Thank you very much, Brian.” Natalie.

Johnny came approached me. “Hey Amii, when you play, try to lower your wrists a little more, your fingers can stretch better that way.” Johnny adjusted my wrist for me; I thanked him and tried to play a riff. Johnny was right, it was a lot easier this way.

Go - You're looking through the eyes of a psycho, whoa-oh
An American Psycho, whoa-oh
An American Psycho, whoa-oh
An American Psycho

I jumped about 5 feet in the air when I heard my cell phone go off. I looked at the caller ID, it was just Mikey, and I took the call. Mike was locked outside the apartment because he forgot his keys. I told him to come here so he can go home with us.

“Um Amii I have a question.” Jason asked. I looked up at him,

“shoot.” He smiled at me somewhat unsure.

“Um my complex is being knocked down to be turned into a parking lot, so I was wondering if I could move in with you."

I stared at him, then at Natalie.

“I already talked to Natalie about it; Jake’s uncle is selling a house and was wondering his he would like it.” Jason continued.

Jake took it from here, “Since you have more people living at your apartment then I do, we were all going to pitch in and help buy it. My uncle is giving us a huge discount. It has a study that we could transform into a music room which means, drum roll please; we wouldn’t need to rent this place out anymore.”

I saw his point of view and shrugged, “sure I don’t see the harm in that.”

Everyone smiled at me. Natalie bounced over to me and hugged me.

“We get to totally redo the interior. Like you know interior design like you went to school for. You get to take that knowledge and use it to make up a totally awesome crib, It’s going to be so much fun.” She was speaking like a million mph.

“Calm down, we will think more about this tomorrow.” I answer calmly. Natalie let go of me and Zacky came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

“do we get to bless each room?” He whispered in my ear. I pushed him away, “Maybe if we get our own house, we can.” He gave me puppy dog eyes. Damn his green eyes are so irresistible.

“Okay how about maybe.”

He smiled at me, “maybe is fine with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yaa a new place =)