Stairway To Heaven

Sirens in the Dead of Night

I stepped off his Harley and shot him a really dirty look.

“Hey! Don’t throw that attitude at me!” Zacky called after me.

“Why not! I’m dying to know.”

There was no answer, he just revved the engine of his motorcycle and drove off.

“Fucking Prick,” I yelled at the him even though he couldn’t hear me. I stormed into the apartment building and waved at the clerk. I pressed level four and the elevator closed the doors and shot up. It was safe to say that I am in a crappy, bitchy mood thanks to Zacky. Trying to unlock the apartment door was a challenge. My arms would not stay steady. I was shaking from the waist up.

“Damn it,” I mumbled some other related words, and the door finally opened. As if on cue, my cell went off. I can truly say that I will never, ever but that Goddamn thing on vibrate again. It scares the crap out of me. When I finally found the thing in my jeans pocket, the call was already sent to voice box, “I hate this stupid phone.” I opened the phone anyway to check who it was. It was Zacky. Why was he calling me? To tell me that he was sorry. Or was it just to tell me what a stupid bitch I am. I shut the phone without listing to the message he left. I just took my clothes off and hopped into the shower. I am planning to stay in here until all of my problems just wash right down into the pipes with the rest of the soapy, dirty water. After about an hour of thinking and washing, I just gave up. No stupid power is just going to magically fix thing between Zacky and I. I had to take action. I agreed with myself to start on tomorrow. I collapsed on my bed and let the dull noises of the house drift me off to sleep.

****2:00a.m.****

I felt a cold arm wrap around me. The smell of alcohol and smoke filled my nostrils. I scrunched my nose to the unpleasant smell.

“I love you baby,” a muffled voice came from behind me. I craned my head to see who was in bed with me. It was hard to tell since it was dark in my room. I tried to evolve into a higher form of human by opening my eyes really wide ((Another Dane Cook line, if you haven’t seen a date at the movies by him then get your lazy butt onto youtube and watch it)). I tried to wiggle away from the dark blob that was holding me.

“Come on baby don’t be like that.”

“Who are you?!” I squeaked out in a scared voice.

“It’s just me, don’t be worried.”

“Who’s me?”
The scratchy voice just attempted to laugh at me, but he ended up coughing like a heavy smoker. I used this split second when he used his arm to cover him mouth to get loose. I fell out of my single bed and onto the hard ground.

“Baby where’d you go?” the voice called from up on my bed.

I crawled out of my room and over to were Mike was sleeping on the couch. I poked him awake.

“What's, what’s going on, Ami leave me al_” I covered his confused mouth.

“There is someone in my room, go look with me.” I hissed in his ear.

Being the mature, nice, younger brother that he is, he came with me and grabbed the lamp that was on the side table. We both crept back into my room. Mike switched on the light to reveal who the B&E culprit was. It was a drunken Zacky who was trying to shield his eyes form the light using my pillow.

“What are you doing here!?” I yelled at him not caring the slightest if I woke everyone up.

“I came to see you” he answered trying to get out of my bed.

“Why did you come to see me?”

He just shrugged and fell to the ground.

“Have you been drinking?”

He smiled a goofy smile and looked up at me, “maybe.”

I dragged him out of my room and into the kitchen. I sat him in one of the chairs and Mike grabbed him a glass of water.

“Did you drive here?”

He attempted to nod his head. Wow, he was really drunk.
“Something with flashy lights chased me and then I pulled over and ran to your house were the lady at the desk let me in.”

I stared at him, and then looked at mike and back to him. “The cops were chasing you!”

He shrugged his shoulders and tried to drink some water. All of the water fell out of the cup and onto him.

By then Natalie and Jason woke up. They walked sleepy into the kitchen.
“Where’s the fire?” Jason asked with a yawn.

When Natalie saw Zacky and heard sirens, she snapped awake.

“Oh my fucking god!” Natalie exclaimed.

“Nice to see you to?” Zacky told her with slurred words.

She looked at me, “Has he been drinking?”

“What you can’t tell?” I took a spoon off the counter and held it in front of Zack. I moved it around as if I was doing a drinking test. Let’s just say that he failed miserably.

“He got pulled over by the cops and being the idiot that he is, he ran away and ran here.”

By now Jason finally realized what was going on. He muttered a few swears under his breath, “What are we supposed to do? The cops want him and we have him here, we are going to get in a load of trouble. Mikey switched on the TV.

I checked the clock, “its 4 o’clock in the morning, nothing is going to be on,” I stated to him.

“Just look,” was all he said. On a local news station was Zacky’s car. Wow news reporters are fast.

The TV was talking about the chase and that the police are looking for someone.
‘Just in, the name of the drunk driver has been found and pulled up by cops.’ The news reporter said on the TV. A picture of Zacky playing at one of his live shows popped up on the TV screen. ‘The driver was Zackary Backer, more commonly known as Zacky Vengeance one of the guitarists in the hard core metal band Avenged Sevenfold.’ The news reporter continued.

I started pacing back and forth. “Oh shit Oh shit.”

“Ami get over here check this out.” Jason called for me.

I returned to see the reporter still talking about the chase. This time my name was involved.

‘Zackary has been spotted with the bass guitarist of the rock group Calm Before The Storm. Police have researched her back round and are heading to check her house now.’ As if on cue, there were sirens and lots of yelling on the bottom floor.

“What should we do?” Natalie asked me.

“Do the right thing I guess, but I can’t just give my boyfriend into the cops.”

Jason shook my shoulders “Yes you can, you need to, Ami”

I shook my head, but time to contemplate my actions was running out.

“I love you and I won’t let anything happen to you
.”
He just starred at me dumbly. I kissed his face, not caring if he tasted like alcohol, sweat, and with a slight tinge of… weed?

The cops knocked at the door, “Police, open up.”

Of course they didn’t give us enough time to open the door, They busted it down and entered the kitchen. The news reporters followed shoving microphones at us and the police handcuffed Zacky and took him away. I pushed the reporters out of my face and attempted to fight my way through people to reach Zacky. A cop grabbed me and held me back. Out of instinct I punched the cop in the face, but more cops grabbed me and held me down. It was useless now. They were taking me away too. I guess to be fined with assault on a cop. I still tried to fight them and I kicked a couple in the balls and shin. Nothing was working. There were too many of them. When they threw my into the cop car with Zacky I started to cry.

I buried my face into zacky’s chest and sobbed. “I love you.”

This time he reacted, “I love you too, and I’m sorry for getting you into this mess.” He was sobering up a little now.

The cop car pulled away out of the mob of people and into the street. The sirens blared and everything just went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
0.o