Stairway To Heaven

Together

**12:45pm the next day**

“Want to grab some coffee at break?” Ashley asked me.

“Sorry I can’t today Ash, I have a date today.”

She smirked at me “Oh really?”

“Ya, I just have to finish this row then I have to get my ass over there because it’s a 10 minute walk.”

She raised an eyebrow at me and exclaimed “Oh No you don’t missy! Break room NOW!” before I could deny she grabbed my by the arm and dragged my to the break room. “I’m just going to fix your hair and makeup, okay.”

I groaned at her. She took my natural orangey-red wavy hair out of the messy ponytail and brushed it out, then but it back into a high, neat ponytail. Then she took my straightened bangs that were fringed with a bright fake red, and brushed all the knots out of them. She pushed them to one side and let some of the hair fall into place. Then she applied some red eye shadow and told me to fix my eyeliner. Its amazing all of the beauty products she carries around with her. When she was done I actually looked, dare I say, hot? I looked at the clock hanging on the old beat up wall. Oh shit it was 1:00 I’m going to be late.

“Take off your smock and go, go, go.”

I laughed at her. “Have I told you how much I love you?”

“You don’t say it enough that’s for sure.”

It was chilly outside so I pulled on my black and white Misfits fingerless gloves, and my Jack Skelington hoodie, the products of my last Hot Topic visit. I jogged all the way there. Instead of being 10 minutes late, I was only 6 so that’s okay, I hope. I walked into the Mad Cactus and looked in. I saw Zacky sitting in a booth sipping Budwiser. I hurried over to him.

“Sorry I’m late; my friend wouldn’t let me leave looking like a hobo."

He chuckled at the thought of it. “You’re cute,” he said taking another sip.

“Well you’re not to bad yourself, Mr. Vengeance.”

He smiled, “So you have figured me out? Thank fuck, I thought you were not into any ‘good music’ or even listen to any new bands.”

“Since you seem to be into new bands, do I look familiar to you?”

“Well… you look a lot like that girl who ran into me yesterday afternoon.” He was being a bit of a smartass. I shook my head at him.

“Okay smartass, I’m guessing that you don’t recognize me. Let me ask you this, have you ever heard of the band Calm before the Storm?”

He stroked his chin and tilted his head in the way people do when they’re thinking. He twisted his face, “Sorry I haven’t” he said sheepishly.

I laughed, “No problem, most people haven’t heard of us.”

He looked my straight in the eye. “What do you mean by us?”

I laughed at his confused expression. “I’m the bassist in the band called Calm before the Storm. We have a demo out right now, but in 2 weeks we are going into the studio to record our 1st CD.”

“That’s cool”

“Oh Ya and we opened for the bands, My Chemical Romance, The Used, System of a Down, Korn, Taking Back Saturday, and Linken Park, but only when they’re in Washington.”

"That's awesome, it sounds like you guys are doing the right thing. Hey by the way how did you get to play for all those bands?”

I started to blush really bad; I mean my face was the color of a ripe apple.

“Well… you see, I had this ‘thing’ with one of the guitarist in one of the bands.” He raised an eyebrow “Who would that be?”

I started to sip my drink. Then the waiter came over to take our food order. She smiled sweetly at us and took our orders.

“So who was the guy that you fucked with?”

I started to squirm. He moved closer and put his arm around me. I mumbled so low that I knew he couldn’t understand. “Come on Amii I won__”

“Frank fucking Iero” I blurted out after cutting him off.

He started to laugh uncontrollably. “that midge?” I gave him a hurt stare.

“You are aware that I am only 5’ 3” right? So, if you have a problem with ‘midgets’ then there is no reason to continue this date.” I got ready to stand up and walk away. He pushed my back down with his arm that was still around my shoulders.

“Look, I didn’t mean it like that.” He took a deep breath,

“I have to confess something to you, and I want us to work out. There is just something about you that wants me to be together with you for a while.”

He let out a long breath, as if he just got something off his chest. I looked at him straight in the eyes and smiled at him to indicate that I was excepting his offer. He looked relived. I haven’t heard anything so meaningful and sweet since Frank told me he loved me, but I soon found out that was just to get back into my pants. Fucking prick, I don’t really have to much against him, I actually should be thankful to him for helping spread the band’s name around. Even if I was known by People Magazine as Frank’s girlfriend/ fuck buddy. We spent the rest of lunch talking and eating. I was falling hard for this guy. Before we left, he swooped down on me and gave me a hard kiss on the lips. I shouldn’t say it was hard it was actually really sweet but not too sweet. It was just the perfect first kiss.

When he pulled away from me I whined “Zacky” at him,

he just replied with "you have to get back to work, I’ll drive you.”

I smiled cutely at him. “Thanks”.