I'd Do Anything...for You

Apologies, Glances And Messed Up Chances

Part 20
July 2004; Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Pierre's Point of View


I followed Derek into the kitchen.

"So Pierre, Did Sarah tell you about my parents?" He asked seriously. I nodded

"Yes."

"Okay, apparently, m father went through this with you. Which I don’t believe he did a very good job. So let's get this strait. Sarah, she's been though a lot of shit, like you won't believe. She might have not even told you everything that’s happened" I raised my eyebrows to this, questioningly. "Or she has, and if she hasn’t, she most likely will soon. But anyway, I haven’t seen her this happy, well ever. When she looks at you and Michael, its like she's looking at her life and if she were to lose either of you, her world would come crashing down. The look she gives you, love, adoration, and happiness, its sprawled across her face. Just, take care of her. I know I didn’t especially when she need me the most. And I don’t want her to go through it again, got it?" I nodded. "Good cause you to make cute babies. I don’t want to stop you from producing any more. If you know what I mean." I chuckled.

"I got it. And if I would hurt her, I don’t know if it would be you to do that though. She broke three bones in my hand from being in labor. So she would probably beat you to it. If not her, Crystal." He laughed. We walked back in to the living room. And Sarah was carrying Michael upstairs, she was almost in tears. I looked at Seb and he gave me a worried look and followed her upstairs. Her parents looked 'confused.' and I think it was them who caused this.

"Uh, thank you everyone for coming. But we're tired and just want to be alone for a while, you know be a family." They all responded in understanding.

"Where are we going to stay?" Mrs. DaSilva asked.

"Not here your not, you can't." Seb was not at the top of the stairs send them a cold glare. They looked stunned.

"So where are we staying then?" Mr. DaSilva glared back.

"Hotel? I don’t know and quite frankly, I don’t care. I'll pay for it if I have to. You're just not staying here." They went outside as I turned to Seb and Derek walked over to us.

"What's wrong Seb?" I asked.

"I don’t know. Michael is sleeping and Sarah is sitting in the rocking chair baling her eyes out. She wouldn’t tell me what's wrong and she wouldn’t let me give her a hug or anything. She just said 'her parents.' Sorry I was rude to them." Seb said to Derek. "She's like my baby sister and it pissed me off."

"I understand."

"I'll bring you guys to a hotel. They can't stay here, I'm sorry."

"It's all good. I just want Sarah to be okay." I shook Derek's hand and gave Seb one of those man hug thinks and turned to go upstairs.

"Pierre Charles Bouvier." uh-oh. It was Crystal and she looked pissed. "What's taking you so long?! Let's go help Sarah." and she bounded up the steps.
"Wait, Crystal, what happened?" I stopped her in front of Michael's door.

"Victoria was holding Michael and then got this nasty look on her face. Sarah was watching her carefully. But her eyes looked glazed over and she was paying attention but was thinking. Then tears were in her eyes and she asked for Michael quickly. And Victoria gave him to her, looking confused. Then Sarah hurried upstairs. I think she was having a flashback or something."

"Really?"

"She's had them before; I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. Now come on." We went in to Michael's room where lay silently sleeping. Sarah was in the rocking chair, like Seb had said, and was holding one of Michael's teddy bears. She was rocking back and forth staring at Michael in his crib.

"Sarah?" Crystal asked. "Are you okay?"

"My mom, I was watching her with Michael. And then she got that look on her face. The same as before whenever she didn’t like how I was, or what I was doing. She's get that same exact look before she..." she trailed off. I knew what she meant. "And then I imagined her hurting Michael like she used to do to me. And I couldn’t take it. It was too much. I'm sorry."

"Baby, you have nothing to be sorry about. It's alright now." I then knelt down in front of her and brought her into a hug and she started crying again. And I continued to whisper comforting things in her ear. But I was pissed.

Over my dead body will anybody, especially Sarah's parents, lay a finger on Sarah or Michael.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit: Always All Ways (Apologies, Glances and Messed Up Chances) - Lost Prophets