Her Reality.

i'm not in love.

The murmurs of the people around me were easily tuned out as I brought the hot, cardboard cup to my lips, blowing away some of the steam before taking a sip. Every morning, I would meet him here for a cup of coffee. On some days, we would leave together and spend our time doing absolutely nothing. Other times, we would leave alone to do things on our own.

Always late, I noted with a small, knowing smile as my eyes shifted away from the large clock and toward the magazine lying on the wooden table in front of me.

I picked it up and flipped through it carelessly, reading along the headlines on each page, hoping for something to catch my eye. I stopped when I caught a glimpse of a page boasting romantic stories from real people. Curiously, I read through them, a frown forcing my lips to curve further and further with each passing story.

I wondered where those people were. I don’t think I’d ever seen them – the happy people. I didn’t understand it, how people could so blatantly manipulate the world into believing that there is someone out there for them. How could they use such false advertising to trick everyone?

I saw it everywhere, in television, movies, books, and this stupid fucking magazine. People let themselves believe that – somewhere in the world – the person that they’re meant for – their fucking soul mate – is out there waiting for them. I call bullshit.

In some crazy, sheltered world, full of fairytales and happy endings – maybe it could be possible, but in the real world, there is loneliness. The kind that sneaks into your body and makes you feel weak and hopeless. It fucking tangles itself around your heart and squeezes it so fucking tightly that you just don't want it anymore, so you rip it out and give it to the only person you feel like you can trust with it, and then, that person fucking sticks thousands of tiny needles through it until it can't handle anymore, and it fucking cracks and breaks and falls all over the ground in tiny little pieces, right in front of your feet. Then you have nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

And I asked myself, as he walked in and our eyes met for the first time that day, how could someone find their soul mate from somewhere millions of miles away...if another can look straight into the eyes of theirs without realizing it?

They can’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
alex and i were discussing a picture i saw on tumblr, and this is the result.
enjoy~!