Status: Currently on hold, may continue later. Reason: Low on inspiration .-.

The Third Party Never Gets The Guy

Intro

What do you do when you would throw yourself in front of a bullet for someone but they wouldn't do the same?

When I met him, I was too shy to say anything so all I did was hide behind my mothers leg and tapped my foot to the sound of my thumping heart. But my foot couldn't keep up. Before then, I had always had troubles communicating with people because for one, I was immensely shy and two, I was petrified of making people angry. As soon as someone raised their voice, I would be gone before you could even start to give a lecture.

"Hello. I'm Linda, I live down the street and I just wanted to welcome you to the neighbor hood." my mother said with glee, flashing her award winning smile to the strangers in front of us.

The woman clutching the little boys hand eyed my mother's bulging stomach and me , and gave my mother the most dirtiest look. "How old are you exactly?"

My hand gripped tightly on the hem of my mom's dress. "20."

She pointed a manicured finger to me. "And she?"

My mom kept the kind smile on her face. She was used to this and what was most likely gonna happen next. "5"

I noticed the boy wince and tugged at his mom's hand slightly. She switched her gaze to the man standing beside her, ignoring her son's complaints. "Johnathon. We should go."

"Ah. Yes. It was nice meeting you Linda, But we must be off. We are must go sign up our son for school." And the little family was gone, scurrying off to their Mini Van. But just as the boy the boy got in the car, he whipped around so he was facing me and stuck his head out the window.

He pointed to his tree house in the back yard and mouthed the words 'see you there'. I watched in awe as the mini van disappeared around a bend in the road. As my mother and I walked backed to our old run down home, I couldn't wipe the smile of my face.

Not even for one second.