Critical Acclaim

Sylvia

"Stay still..." said Amanda, her tone rising a bit but regaining its natural volume as she tied the bow on the back of Sylvia’s dress. Sylvia wore a baby pink dress, matching her pink shoes; her hair brushed back on a perfect pony tail except for the bangs covering her face, her hands playing with her magic wand and her tiara.

"Mom why aren’t your eyes like mine?" was the little girl’s question, Amanda was taken by surprise and smirked.

"Everybody’s different hun," she said, her voice calm as she turned away and started combing her hair.

"Frank’s eyes are like mine, we’re not different," insisted the four year old twirling the wand around.

"Also Zack’s, doll." Amanda started to get anxious, glancing at the clock she put on her earrings and straightened her dress.

"Is Zacky going to the party mommy?" was the new question, Amanda sighed picking up the little girl and grabbing her purse.

"You know he and his band mates are not so into this sort of stuff doll, we’ll see," she said taking her keys out of the purse. Looking the front door and walking to her car, she sat Sylvia on the passenger’s seat and rounded to get into the driver’s seat.

"Are we there yet?" Amanda chuckled gazing down at her daughter.

"I haven’t even started the car," she said as she started it and drove down the road.

"I knew that, I just wanted to know how much attention you pay to me," said the little girl looking out of the window, smiling and waving at nearby people.

"Sylvia don’t you think you’re assuming an improper role?" asked Amanda laughing, sometimes she was surprised by her child’s mind; Sylvia shrugged turning on the radio and playing one of her favorite CD’s, the song ‘Early Sunsets Over Monroeville’ started as Amanda lowered the volume.

"Are you excited?" asked the mother, she knew for granted the girl was excited, she had been waiting that party for weeks and even put on her princess outfit. Dirty blonde hair, glimmering hazel eyes, pink lips and blushed cheeks; Sylvia was a pretty four year old and much more beyond her cute face, her insides were beautiful. She was a nice girl, a brat to certain extent but her manners and sharp mind made up for it; her thoughts were surprising, she seemed to think fast and right most of the time, being a four year old of course, she had her rampages and a great temper. All in all Sylvia was a perfect daughter.

"Mom we’re here!" chanted the girl as Amanda speeded down; parking on the best spot she could find on the street full of cars she unbuckled her seatbelt and secured the car, taking her daughter’s hand and walking up to the porch of the big house. Music played on the background as light poured out of the windows like water from a sink; so much for a ‘small meeting’.

"I don’t even know why I’m wearing a dress…" Amanda said under her breath, Sylvia looked up at her and shrugged.

"You always do what they say, I wouldn’t trust them," said the girl knocking the door rather loudly; Amanda stared at her child as the door was opened, what had she just said?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit // Short chapter, much of an introduction. I don't exactly know where am i going with this story, it's the first time i write something in over 6 months and i might have lost all skills i could have ever gotten.
I'd greatly appreciate critique or any feedback, i need to know what's wrong, where i'm messing up and last but not least, if my readers like it.