Critical Acclaim

Your Mom Said So?

"I’m so glad you girls came," said Ray with a grin, Sylvia tapped his chest with the magic wand and giggled, skipping inside to the beat of the background music, she was lost in the darkness surrounding the hall.

"It’s been a while Ray, how’ve you been?" asked Amanda politely as Ray closed the door and followed her to the living room; around 15 persons gathered there chatting and laughing, drinking and eating, Amanda felt out of place. That was until that hazel gaze fell upon her.

"Amanda my dear, didn’t know you’d come," said Zacky on a, much more than joking, polite tone; she felt her cheeks blush and felt her voice ready to stutter, coughing silently she smiled then.

"I’m surprised you’re here yourself Zack, I thought you didn’t like this sort of meetings," answered Amanda, Zacky chuckled looking down at his glass and taking a sip off it, his eyes looking back into Amanda’s he smiled.

"We wont stay much longer," he said before Amanda was wrapped in hundreds of hugs and nice words, the rest of the guys seemed charmed with her presence as Zacky just chuckled and walked away towards Sylvia, who was sitting on the stairs.

"How’re you?" he asked, the girl looked up giving him a cold stare.

"Fine thanks, you?" she asked back, Zacky was taken aback by the girl’s manners; he had clearly never been so close to her. Truth be told, he didn’t want or need to; shortly after the divorce took place, when Sylvia was just one year old, he had been touring with the band and so on; a few occasions he had had the chance to be with her and the girl just made him look bad. A four year old made Zack Baker look bad.

"How’s the tour going?" asked Sylvia, tired of waiting for Zacky’s reply, which she knew would never come. For some odd reason Zack never answered that question; everyone assumed he was great, his life was going good; nobody knew the reality.

"Oh, fine. We’ll be out this February, we’re taking a break now," he answered sitting next to the girl. Flipping his hair he looked down at her as she brushed hers out of her face and looked up at him.

"Do you like my music?" he asked, a little part of himself had to know, the other part was too afraid to even ask; Sylvia nodded as she smiled at him.

"Mom’s got me all your records, I know all the songs almost by heart," she said, he stared at her for a few seconds as a grin spread along his face, her angelic smile melted him.

"Do you have a favorite?" he asked, he was full of surprise, he had never thought a four year old, let alone his daughter, would like the music that his band made, he didn’t let that feeling take over though, he knew sooner or later the girl would realize how much of a lackey parent he was and would probably start hating him and his music as well.

"M.I.A." she answered almost proudly, grinning as she flipped her hair; Zacky stared at her with a warm smile as he brushed some hair out of the girl’s forehead.

"You’re really pretty Sylvia," he said, amused for his own comment his eyes widened a little.

"Call me Sylvs and thank you, mom says I look like you, so you’re pretty as well," she giggled standing up, he stood up surprised, the words trying to stumble out of his mouth.

"Your mom said so?" he asked, was hope what dripped from his voice?

"She says we’re alike," she said and walked away, poking everyone’s arms with her wand as her mother picked her up and started talking to her. Zacky stared, his mind pondering about what he had lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not rly content with how this turned out and hopefully i'll come up with something better for next chapter, if not i'll have to rewrite it. Comments, anyone?