Critical Acclaim

The Solo

"We need to get rid of her," said the man, Sylvia had been crying for what seemed an eternity now, they had locked her in the bathroom of the room with her legs and arms still tied and her mouth and eyes covered. What was a four year old supposed to think and feel when she had just been kidnapped?

"No we can't do that! Think in the possibilities dammit, we could ask for ransom. She's a lil girl c'mon, they're rich, they'd give anything for her!" claimed the woman, she had been pacing around the room thinking out loud and contradicting everything the man said.

"Then we need to speak to them. Lets call them and ask for anything, anything, lets just get rid of her!" the man yelled at the woman. She looked more determined, as if she had done this before but, truth be told, she was as scared as Sylvia.

"What will we do with her? Just taker her home or what?" he asked uneasy as the woman looked out of the window.

"There's a freaking cemetery right in front of us we can just ask for the money and leave her there. It would be their business to find her," she said, he stared at her and nodded slowly.

"So we call, ask for the money and tell them where to pick her up?" asked the man hesitantly, the woman sighed heavily and turned at him.

"Don't be stupid they would know we're here. We will find out the phone, the name of the girl, who her parents are and then we will ask them to leave the money somewhere else, then we will tell them where to pick her up."

"Okay, that's a nice plan, I'll bring her."

The man stood up from his spot on the bed and opened the bathroom door, picking the girl up and placing her on a little chair that stood on the corner of the room. The woman walked up to her and with a quick movement ripped the duct-tape off the girl's mouth, Sylvia screamed and winced in pain.

"What's your name?" asked the woman, Sylvia's head fell as she cried silently.

"What is your name?" the woman repeated, her voice raising as Sylvia shook and kept crying.

"Tell us your name dammit!" yelled the woman holding Sylvia's head up by the hair, the girl crying harder.

"Mia! My name is Mia!" she cried out childishly, the man felt relieved and wrote it down in a pad he had found on a night stand.

"Why did they call you Sylvia then? Don't fucking lie to me, what is your real name?!" asked the woman, her face dangerously close to the girl's as her hands tugged to her hair tightly.

"That's a nickname, my real name is Mia, MIA!" the girl yelled at the woman, her voice cracking with every word that came out of her mouth.

"Bullshit, they called her Sylvia, did you hear it?!" asked the woman addressing the man, he looked up at her hopelessly and shrugged almost scared.

"No i didn't... she just confessed Clara, let it go, what's next?" he asked in fear as the woman threw Sylvia's head back and cursed to herself.

"Who's your father?" asked the man seeing the woman, whose name had just been revealed to be Clara, a little out of herself.

"No we don't need to know that!" burst out the woman angrily.

"But you just said..." he trailed off as the woman rolled her eyes hastily.

"We need to be more confident, we don't give a damn who the father is, we want them to know we have their lil girl and that we wont hesitate on getting rid of her this way or another," she was out of herself no doubt, even Sylvia noticed by the tone in her voice. She had been quiet ever since they had stopped addressing her and just listened carefully, trying to come up with something to save herself.

"Give us your phone number, now!" yelled the woman, Sylvia cringed and thought that could be her chance.

"962 78 07," Sylvia mumbled slowly trying to remember Zacky's number. It was beyond a little 4 year old to know each band member's phone number, but she believed they lived together. In any case, the chances of someone picking up at almost 6am were very low.

"Did you get it?" asked Clara, the man nodded and showed her the paper.

"Should we get a booth?" he asked worriedly, she rolled her eyes once again.

"We will do this quick, give me your phone," she commanded, he frowned extending her his cell phone and stared waiting patiently as the woman dialled with a maniac expression plastered in her face.

"Hello?" asked a voice in the other side of the line, turning the speaker on, the woman placed the phone on the little table of the room.

"Hello?" was repeated, she smirked down and cleared her throat.

"We have Mia," she spoke confidently as her smile grew wider.

"Mia? Who is this?" asked the voice, Sylvia recognized her father almost instantly.

"Daddy!" she squealed as the man put his palm over her mouth.

"Sy- Mia? Where are you? What did you do to her?!" Zacky's voice was full of anger and fear as shuffling and voices were heard on his side of the line.

"We want fifty thousand for the girl," she spoked clearly and Zacky gasped, it would have been almost funny if the situation was different.

"That... that's too much," he said, a woman's voice urging the phone from him.

"You have 3 hours to give us the money or you wont see the girl ever again," said Clara into the phone, Sylvia tried to squeal aimlessly through the man's grip.

"Zachary give me the phone--- where is my daughter, what did you do to her, is she okay? i need to speak with her!" urged Amanda's voice, Sylvia stared startled at the phone for a few seconds before struggling again.

"We'll give you the girl if we get the money," Clara said annoyed.

"We need to speak with her first to know she's alright," commanded a voice, most likely Matt's. Clara grunted and took the phone in her hand, putting it close to the girl.

"Shadows? Mom? Dad? Anyone? Seize the day's solo, Seize the day's solo! Please understand, Seize the day's solo!" she urged into the phone, the woman pulled it away from her as if the girl had some serious infection going on and glared.

"We will call you again to arrange the exchange."

Everyone stared at the phone in Matt's hand as Amanda plopped down on a couch crying aimlessly.

"What did she mean? Mia? Seize the day's solo?" Matt asked to Amanda, she shook and kept crying.

"Mia? Why would she lie about her name? I mean, wouldn't it be easier for us to find her if she told them her real name?" asked Syn.

"Mia... Well, Missing In Action? Maybe she's been tied and can't do anything," asked Jimmy hopeful.

"Or maybe she just likes that song a lot?" asked Matt a bit sceptical, "Does she know the song's full title?" he asked now addressing Amanda again.

"I don't know, I don't know! She's a big fan of yours guys, you know it, she knows all the songs by heart and she could tell you how all of your videos start and end and--" Amanda was cut of my Johnny jumping out of himself

"That's it! Mia! Jimmy you're right! She's been tied up and stuff and... Seize the day's video! Where are we recording at when the solo comes in?!" he asked energetically, everyone stared at him dumbfounded.

"A cemetery."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the looooong wait, I really didn't know how to continue with this, the ideas were in my head but I couldn't come around to writing them. I think I went a little too over dramatic here. Would anyone tell me if the story is going alright? I seriously need it! You can either say it's ok or that it sucks, I'll try to improve either way but PLEASE, I need feedback!