Status: Slow Active

Please Don't Stop the Music

Image Image

I would like to thank my friend, Rose, for helping me with the title of their band, and the description of Rain, and also for the Band logo. All characters are fictional. They are based on characters on a few RPing websites me and my friends go to. This is an original story. Please don't steal any descriptions, characters, or names of places/things without first getting permission. Thank you.

Jonathan Bishop is the quiet boy who lets his anger simmer. People walk all over him, mistreat him, call him a liar and that he's good for nothing and worthless. He lets it happen. Would much rather avoid confrontation than stick up for himself. He's crying out for help- but he doesn't even realize this himself. He's so lost in a world of judgment and abandonment. With a drunken father who beats him late at night, a step-mother who doesn't respect him or his boundaries, and a step-sister who is after him in the worst way possible, he needs a friend. Not to mention, he's still aching inside from his mother's death, six years earlier (when he was just eleven years old). To put the icing on the sucky cake, he's the new guy in town. A guitarist and a singer with a deep, wounded soul, he's just searching for the right group of people to come around and change his world.

Rain is quite often described as the girl next door. She has lived in View Point for her entire life, and has a reputation of being plain and boring. This is because her mother died in a car crash, and she has become withdrawn instead of rebelling. She won't take being made fun of and she doesn't take crap from people. Her step-mom is using her father for money and will pick on Rain whenever he's not around. Since she has grown up without being paid much attention, to she has a soft soul for soft and quiet instruments, like piano and violin. Rain won't let herself be portrayed as weak, so she sticks to the drums. Bashing drums is better then bashing someone's head in...right?

Landon Michaels is a self-professed god, who thinks he's the best thing that happened to View Point High School. He's cocky, self-absorbed, lazy, obscene, and a general perv. No one knows how to deal with him, not even his mother. His dad left long before the man could've made an impression on him. He's the cousin Jonathan never really knew (their mother's being sisters, twins). He can be a womanzier at times and a total jerk-wad. But when it comes right down to it, he's as loyal as a Golden Retriever. Underneath all of that is a pain too deep for most people to understand. He forces himself to sound over-confident to make up for what he really feels. His mom is trying to get him under control, get him to realize he's on a path of destruction and it leads to nowhere good. So when the Bishops move back into town (after a seventeen year absence, for reasons unknown to the two cousins), Landon's mother pushes them together, hoping that they could influence each other with their good traits and leave the awful ones behind. Who would guess that being forced together would turn you into the greatest allies, the bestest of friends, and the closest of families? For the longest time, his Bass has been his best friend. And now his world will broaden. Who knew a cocky, annoying boy could have that soft of a heart?

Bianca Hewitt is the shy quiet type that no one seems to understand. She keeps to herself and speaks only when spoken to. She's lived in View Point her entire life, and still can't stand the simplicity. As quiet as she is, she wants excitement, something to look at and give her inspiration to continue living her life the way she sees fit. She loves playing the keyboard, and is often labeled as a delicate flower. She's the farthest from that. She's taught herself to be tough as nails when needed. Her parents, although still married, yell and scream at each other every night. And her dad had been coming to her room to "visit" for as long as she could remember. Her mother- an angry drunk with a stinging hand- stopped caring a long time ago, and went in search of other men to fill her void. Bianca is just looking for someone to rescue her from her gilded cage. She would wait, quietly and patiently, for the right day to come. To be rescued and feel safe. Would that happen anytime soon? It was anyone's guess. She could only hope.


It would seem like fate had a loving, comforting hand placed on these four teens. Bianca and Rain already knew each other- long before Jonathan moved into town. Landon- although he dropped out halfway through his freshmen year, knew lots about both of the girls. After a chance meeting at a local music store, they find they all have something in common. They like to play instruments. Music is their escape.

And so "Losing Grip on the Bright side of Nothing?!" was born. And four virtual strangers will become close friends.

Jonathan is crazy about Erika, a bright eyed blond girl. She's everything perfect. Pretty, popular, and even a sweetheart. But he just can't see that she's not for him. She loves Brad, the star quaterback, who loves her just as much.

Rain has a crush on Jon who is far too oblivious to see it.

Landon seeks all kinds of girls, just trying to fill up the emptiness he feels inside every night.

And shy, quiet, artistic Bianca has fallen for the cocky Landon.

A web of lies. A web of relationships. And tons of drama to unfold. Take a peek into the lives of these four teens and see what they're all about. Take a journey with them as they discover just how important friendships- and family- really is.
  1. Welcome to View Point!
    Chapter One
  2. Life as Usual
    Chapter Two
  3. Just Call Me... Mr. Sexy
    Chapter Three
  4. The Delicate Flower
    Chapter Four
  5. Making Enemies
    Chapter Five
  6. Breaking Chances
    Chapter Six
  7. What a Jerk
    Chapter Seven
  8. Her Little Secret
    Chapter Eight