‹ Prequel: Emotionless
Status: Active: Just So You Know, This Story Isn't Going To Be Very Long. Lol. Enjoy!

Save Me From My Nightmare

Chapter Two

‘Welcome to our new home,’ Iain whispered in my ear as I leaned on the barrier of the back porch, watching the waves tumble down on one another constantly, never loosing rhythm as if it were a dog licking its wounds after a brawl. A sea breeze I’d missed so dearly washed over my aching skin, burning the wounds surrounding my body, but I didn’t care. I was home. This was where I truly belonged. The gentle air picked up my hair and made it flutter like butterfly wings, lifting it from my shoulders and pushing it away from me. A long breath escaped my lips at finally being alone after the slam of the French windows behind me.

A pool glimmered in the smiling sunshine down in the garden, the crystal blue beckoning me over to it. Resisting the urge to just jump in like I would have had I been the old Keeley, I turned away from the lush garden and walked inside to find Iain on the phone again. This time he was talking in a bright tone of voice, smiling and laughing at a joke I hadn’t heard. He was organising something judging by how he was giving our addresses and joking about how I was going to flip out when I heard that I had to cook. Chuckling a goodbye, he pressed end on his touch screen and stuffed his phone back into the jeans pocket as he grabbed the bottle of vodka off the counter.

‘We’re having BBQ to celebrate our return. Scrub up nice now, won’t you honey,’ he explained with that disgusting smirk I wanted to scrape off with a potato peeler. Giving him one last glare, I pushed passed him to go upstairs and change from the clothes I’d travelled in. the dress swooped over my body, draping over my tight laden legs and hanging over the little dolly shoes I’d chosen from the newly filled wardrobe. Looking in the mirror, I decided on slipping on a cardigan so no one saw the amount of bruises before pulling out my bulging make up bag. ‘And try act sweeter than you look, I don’t want people thinking there’s something wrong with my fiancée.’

The doorbell rang as I was tossing the salad in the bowl, pretending it was Iain’s head and smashing it in with the over-sized fork and spoon. Iain went to answer it, leaving the bottle of vodka on the counter for when he returned. There were excited voices in the hallway, a male and a female that I barely recognised having not heard them for over two years. I forced a smile when I saw Molly walk into the kitchen holding a bottle of red wine; her smile so intoxicating I barely felt the need to paint mine on. Her arms extended out to hug me tight; rubbing my aching back as I subtly winced in the rawest of agonies.

‘It’s so good to have you back, Keels. And engaged, too. That’s wonderful!’ Molly was babbling away, though all I saw were her lips moving though her words never reached my ears. Iain was talking with Matt, before the two wandered off into the garden to get the newly bought barbeque into action. ‘Are you alright, sweetie?’ I finally came back to reality when Molly’s hand grasped my shoulder, causing me to wince and jump back without even thinking. Her mouth turned into a gasp as I turned away, telling her I just fell on my shoulder the other day when I tripped. A frown of suspicion creased onto her forehead. ‘Do you want some help?’ I nodded.

The next noise to be heard was the loud booming voice of Pippa as she squealed and ran into the kitchen, throwing a hug on me as I tried not to scream at the pain that attacked me at the same moment. Her dark hair tickled my cheek, her warm hands smoothing over the abused flesh of my back as she held me to her body like a child that had been lost for weeks. ‘Don’t leave us ever again. Promise? Oh, let me see this rock,’ Pippa said in a gush of words, picking up my left hand and examining the silver band with a diamond encrusted on the front. I smiled, pretending to be proud of the jewel on my finger. ‘Awe, it’s beautiful.’

‘Oh, come with us and get out of the kitchen. We have so much to catch up on, like the situation with Zacky and Elena and the little Jimmy that is soon to invade the world.’ Molly tugged on my hand, pulling me out to the porch where all three of us sat down at the little glass table with a bottle of wine and three glasses. I wasn’t at all interested in any of this; I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs the secret I was holding close to my chest. I wanted it to be out in the open so someone would save me from the pain of my life. ‘Right, so Jimmy finally managed to sprog poor Leana up and they’re having a baby boy some time near Christmas!’ Molly took a deep gulp of the red wine.

‘And Elena has just run off to Las Vegas leaving Holly with Zacky. Bless her heart, she thought she was naughty and Mommy ran away from her,’ Pippa added. My heart sank. Why was I acting so selfish about my own problems when that poor girl is missing a mom? Pulling a face that would have hopefully been taken as sympathetic; I took a short sip of the strong wine and leaned back in the chair. ‘Plus… Zacky hasn’t shut up about how he wishes things could have worked out differently all through the damned tour. We had to shove a sock in his mouth – literally – to shut him up.’ I giggled to keep up with my façade.

‘Keeley, darling, may I have a word in private,’ Iain murmured in my ear, smiling at my two friends as I reluctantly nodded and took his hand, allowing him to lead me into the house. His eyes were a dark brown, burning into my skin as he pressed me against the kitchen counter like last night. His breath stunk of beer and tickled my cheek as he leaned forwards, holding me captive against the marble counter that pressed hard against my back. ‘At least try and act happy. You should be happy, anyways. Had I not taken you away from here, you would never have the life I show you, no one would ever want to touch you and definitely never want to marry you.’

There was a small gasp from the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Thank you everyone for the comments! And looking forwards to the banner Delightful Syn!!! Can't wait!
RDGDLl ^o^