‹ Prequel: A Vampires Rage

A Vampires Love

A Long Day

I smiled and leaned back in the chair, swirling the blood in the wine glass. Bron smiled and then looked at me curiously.

"You don't drink your blood as often as a vampire should" He said.

"Well, I'm a half, but I just don't find it that appealing as well" I said.

"You should have said and I would have gotten out the wine" He said and got up.

"No no! It's alright, it's late, I'd better be going anyway" I smiled.

"It's only midnight" He said acting hurt.

"I'm sorry, but Amber will be worrying about me, she knows your a vampire and worries" I explained.

"Yes, she knows too much for a human" He mused and sipped his own glass of blood.

"It's not her fault" I stuck up for her.

"I know, it's that other vampire" He said.

"Please don't" I said and got up.

He stood up too and escorted me to the front door where he put my coat on and took me to his car and drove me home. We never spoke as we usually do while he's driving me home. We stopped outside my house where I could still see Amber's light on. He stopped the car and looked at me.

"I still can't get into your mind" He said.

I smiled and looked at him appalled.

"Trying to read my mind again are you?"

He grinned.

"Maybe"

"And what exactly would you be hoping to read about?" I asked.

"Well, that you'd come and finally stay at mine" He grinned seductively.

I laughed and leaned over to his ear.

"Not tonight" I smiled and moved back into my seat.

"Oh, you do know how to make someone wait" He said.

"Is that all you want me for?" I asked casually.

"No, you know that. You know that I have feelings for you" He said seriously.

"I know" I waved my hands.

"Look I have to go" I added and opened the door.

He leaned over and I kissed him.

"Good night" He smiled.

"Good night" I smiled back.

I got to the front door before I turned and waved, he waved back then took off. I opened the door and went in, being welcomed by the familiar smell of home and smiled. I took my heels off and went up stairs, knocking on Amber's door.

"Hey, I'm back...want a cup of tea?" I asked and popped my head in.

Amber looked up from her book.

"Yeah, sure" She smiled and went back to her book.

I went downstairs and locked the door before making the tea. I kept going over everything Bron had said;

"You don't drink your blood as often as a vampire should"

"I still can't get into your mind"


The truth was, I didn't drink blood at all! Perhaps I lost the vampire part of me when I was in hospital. I sighed; it had been a long day, I took the tea upstairs and sat in Amber's room with her.

"Alright, tell me what he said tonight" Amber rolled her eyes but smiled.

I smiled back and sighed; I could always tell her everything.