‹ Prequel: A Vampires Rage

A Vampires Love

Strange Happenings

I waited in the living room for the mail. Since what had happened last year it took over Christmas and the start of term after new years. I had gone back in time for the main assessment in both my classes of art and music, but I was advised against it since I hadn't had time to relax and study after my 'attack'. I went through with the assessments and was currently waiting for my results. I was wrapped tightly in three layers even though it was starting to go into summer. I had come down with the flu and wasn't feeling too good. My nose was blocked and I sniffed and sighed as I still couldn't breath through my nose. It was only ten thirty but I was determined to get my results.

"Linzi? What are you doing up at this time?" Amber asked form the hall way as she passed by.

"Waiting for the post man" I yawned.

"Well he was here, didn't you see him?" She asked.

I frowned as she came into the living room with a few letters in hand. How could I of missed the post man? Amber looked up at me.

"You don't look too well" She remarked.

"I know, I have a slight flu...how could I of missed that?!" I asked.

Amber stood in front of my and leaned down to me and I just realised that I was lying down on the couch. Amber looked into my eyes and frowned.

"Your pupils look funny..." She commented.

"I think I passed out" I murmured as a headache started.

"I think your flu might be a little worse than you think. Go to bed, I'll call Leanne and tell her you're ill and won't be in work for a few days." Amber said.

I groaned and went into the kitchen. I made some tea and made Amber a cup as well, I went up stairs and lay in my bed. A few seconds later Amber came up and left some paracetamol on my bedside.

"Your windows open, that'll be how you caught the flu" She tutted.

I sat up and frowned at her, finding it hard to even speak. Amber closed the window and left the room. I sat staring at the window for god knows how long as one thought went through my mind;

I didn't open my window last night