‹ Prequel: A Vampires Rage

A Vampires Love

Question Number One

He looked at my hand which rested on his chest until he lay right back down and he sighed. Then his eyes met mine and I felt hollow but in a good way.

"Thank you...but where am I?" He asked.

"You are at my house, I'll tell you more in the morning, now rest" I said.

He frowned but a small smile played on his lips.

"Yes Ma'am!" He said.


"Linzi?"

"Huh?" I looked up and squinted as the light above me temporarily blinded me. I looked to see Jay.

"Are you OK?" He asked.

"Yeah, daydream" I smiled.

"OK, so are you and Bron coming over tomorrow night?" He asked.

"I'm not sure" I said.

Suddenly the door to the small quaint cafe opened and the little bell rung. We both looked over to see Leslie, Jay's girlfriend, walk in and smile warmly at us.

"Hello" She said and sat next to Jay and kissed him.

I smiled, they we're so good together. They spoke quickly to their selves and Jay smiled and congratulated her and she giggled and kissed his cheek. Leslie turned to me.

"My sister just had a baby" She said.

"Oh that's lovely" I smiled.

"A boy, named Nathan" She giggled.

Nathaniel

"Linzi!" Jay hissed as Leslie got up and went to the counter to order her drink.

I shook my head and gave him an apologetic look. Leslie told us all about the birth and how her sister came to name her new baby boy. I listened politely until I felt a hand on my back and I jumped. The light familiar laugh of Bron reached my ears and I turned and glared playfully at him. He smiled that adorable smile and I smiled back.

"Hello Jay, hello Leslie" He greeted them.

"Hello" They both replied.

"Oh Bron guess what!" Leslie grinned.

"You got a promotion at work?" He asked.

"Nope! My sister had a baby! his names Nathan!" She giggled.

"Congratulations! You'll have to bring in some pictures for us to see him"

"I'm on my way to the hospital now, Jay do you want to come?" Leslie asked.

"Yeah sure" He smiled.

"We'll see you later Linzi, bye Bron"

They left and Bron knelt in front of me, he moved in such a way his tailed coat flared in the air and landed beside him sort of in a 'Matrix' way. I was a little off guard.

"Linzi, I have a question for you" He smiled brightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm the one with the question!" He smiled.

"Look, I know it's a bit soon, but female vampires are a bit tricky to find, especially ones that are so nice like you, and I really don't want to loose you...will you marry me?" He asked.

My heart stopped and my jaw dropped; What?!

"You don't have to answer right now, although I'd prefare it if you did, but we have eternity to wait!" He chuckled.

"Bron...I...I" I shook my head.

He looked at me and smiled.

"I know, I'm speechless too" He said and reached into his pocket.

He produced a small red box and opened it up to show me a gorgeous silver rind with three diamonds in the band. I stared as he took my hand anyway and slipped the ring on. He kissed my hand and grinned at me, his fangs poking out from his top lip.

"You're so speechless, c'mon let's go get something to eat"

Bron took my hand and led me out of the cafe and went to take me somewhere for lunch. I couldn't get over that he asked me to marry him! What was I going to say? I couldn't say yes, but I can't say no! What should I do? Do I even like him enough to spend the rest of my 'vampric' life?