‹ Prequel: A Vampires Rage

A Vampires Love

First Sighting, Second Black Out

We sat in the small cafe surrounded by over impatient workers who were buying their lunch and determined to get back to work. The cafe was filled with chatter and laughter that sounded distant to me as I couldn't get thoughts out of my head about getting married. Bron spoke to me but I couldn't hear what he was saying, I'm sure he knew I wasn't listening. The sharp sound of porcelain connecting with the tile floor rung in my ears and made me look up. The waitress gasped loudly and turned to the man that had pushed by her and made her loose her balance.

"That was certainly rude, I know people have to get to work, but they don't have to be so ignorant." Bron glared at the man's back as the door closed behind him.

There was something oddly familiar about the coat he was wearing, it looked long and velvet, quite old fashioned. I could only tell the difference between his black hair and collar of his black coat from the look of the texture. The coat looked quite coarse and his long shoulder length hair looked slick and smooth. I stared after the the strange man a little longer than necessary.

"Linzi...Linzi are you alright dear?" Bron asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. You?" I asked shaking my head and staring at him.

"I'm alright" He smiled looking at his watch.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to love you and leave you deary, I have work" He sighed.

"Aw babe" I smiled at him.

Bron left me outside the cafe with a kiss and a promise that he'd be in touch after work as he went one way and I went the other going home. It was chilly outside so I shoved my hands into my coat pockets as I sighed and looked up to the sky. It was a grey sky; it would rain soon. As I looked up into the sky, someone bumped into me roughly and I was moved to the side.

"Hey! Excuse you" I said quite angrily.

I then noticed that the man who had bumped into me was the man from earlier. I sniffed the air and took a whiff of his Cologne. It was so familiar. Something glittered on the ground and I looked down to see a small blue pendant lying there. I picked it up and gasped a little; it was a gold and blue Sapphire pendant in the shape of a stock of forget me nott's.

"Nathaniel?!" I called after the man.

I clutched the pendant in my hand and chased after the disappearing man in the velvet coat. I lost him for a while but I chased him back to the main street. I couldn't believe it was Nathaniel. Almost a year had passed by without any contact from Nathaniel and here he finally is and won't talk to me? Or was it Nathaniel? Was my mind just playing tricks on me? I stopped and looked down at the small,delicate pendant in my hand. It was simply gorgeous. I felt my mind becoming lighter as I felt as though someone else was controlling my body and I attached the pendant to my coat. I then looked forward and slightly to the left; velvet coat! I ran up towards the shop I saw him going into when I realised he didn't go in the shop but walked by it! I ran down the streets gaining lots of weird and annoyed looks from other people. I chased him around for the best part of half an hour before I got to a park, I was sure it was the park close to my house. No one was around but I was sure he was there.

"Oh! For god's sake Nathaniel! You don't show up for a year and when you finally do you make me chase you around town like an idiot? Why don't you just come out and stop acting like a child! If it's because of Bron I'm not actually in love with him...you just weren't around!" I shouted into the quiet park.

I waited for some sort of reply but could only hear traffic and dogs barking in the background. I sighed and put my hand to my head taking a deep breath trough my mouth; my nose was still blocked. I took a few more deep breaths as my head started to get lighter and lighter.

"Nathaniel..." I whispered hoping he'd come out from wherever he was hiding.

My feet and hands went tingly and my hearing went, everything in front of me turned into little red and yellow dots. I reached forward to hold onto a tree; but there was nothing there. Instead I fell forward, going unconscious before I hit the ground.