‹ Prequel: A Vampires Rage

A Vampires Love

A Curious Encounter

Linzi!” Amber groaned and sat down on the couch.

“I know, I’m horrible! But honestly I’m fed up with him trying to push blood down my throat! It’s disgusting!”

Amber shivered and agreed. I sighed and sat next to her.

“Plus...I don’t really like him and it’s not fair to lead him on”

Amber nodded.

“But you don’t know if that was Nathaniel...it could of been someone else”

“I know, but something’s telling me it was him...”

Amber sighed and slapped her hands on her knees and got up.

“I’m making a cuppa, want one?”

“Yeah,please” I smiled up at her and rubbed my hands over my face.

After a warm cup of tea Amber excused herself to her room and lounged on the sofa. I couldn't get the images from yesterday out of my head, it had to be Nathaniel...It had to be! there was a knock at the door and I got up to answer it, scuffing my feet along the floor.

"Hello?" I asked as I opened the door.

I was suddenly tackled and picked up, I felt like screaming but something stopped me from doing so. I felt the arms around me tighten and I winced as I felt my ribs starting to creak. I looked down and saw sandy coloured hair and then looked to the door and saw a figure with slightly darker hair.

"Tyson! Kayden!" I grinned.

Kayden grunted and let me down, my feet made a thud as they hit the floor and before I could say
anything else Amber was running down the stairs.

"What's going on? Are you OK?" She jumped the last two steps and almost tripped.

Looking up she saw everything was fine and nodded and walked over casually. I hugged Kayden.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to see you of course!" Kayden grinned and kissed my cheek.

I grinned at him and waved at Tyson to come in and close the door.

"Want me to put the kettle on?" Amber asked.

"Water will be fine thank you" Tyson said removing his jacket.

Amber raised an unamused eyebrow and left for the kitchen. I bit my lip. I looked at my two old friends and saw how much stronger they were, you could also see a difference in their faces, they were more...mature.

"So we hear you have a new friend" Tyson stated as he sipped his glass of water.

"I've made a few new friends...be more specific" I smiled playfully.

"Don't make jokes Linzi" Kayden sighed.

I turned and looked at Kayden, he and Tyson shared a long look as if they were trying to decided if they should tell me something. I moved in my seat so that I could see both of them. They looked at me and smiled.

"What's going on guys?"

"I think we've over stayed our welcome" Kayden said and got up from his seat.

"You've only just got here" Amber said and looked at me.

There was definitely something going on and it made me anxious.

"Come give me a hug!" Kayden grinned and picked me up.

I squealed as he squeezed me tight and I groaned as my bones ached. I then felt something slide across my ass. I looked down at Kayden and saw him wink at me. I couldn't move my arms to slap his playfully so he dropped me on the seat and tussled my hair.

"It was great seeing you again Linzi, you too Amber. I hope we see you sometime soon"

"Yeah you too Kay"

"Goodbye Linzi, take care of yourself won't you?" Tyson murmured quietly to me.

"If even you are showing some concern Tyson I know there has to be something going on" I said back staring defiantly into his eyes.

Tyson stared for a moment then reached out and held my hand, a jolt went through me. Tyson looked at me.

Don't show the letter Kay has slipped into your back pocket to anyone...and be careful...very careful

Tyson's voice rang through my head and I sighed.

No more telekinesis! Tyson...I'll be careful, does the letter explain what's going on?

Yes...

There came a knock at the door and I could see the anger in Tyson's eyes and I could hear the low growl from Kayden's throat. I frowned slightly and wondered why they would be acting so weird. There was another knock at the door and Amber and I looked at each other.

"I'll get it?" Amber asked.

"Yes, Linzi can you lead us out the back door?" Tyson asked.

"Yeah sure" I said.

Just as Tyson stood for us to leave through the back, Tyson swung round so he was facing the living room door. In walked Amber and...Bron.

"Bron? I thought you weren't coming back till tomorrow?" I asked.

"I was worried about you, so I came to make sure you were OK, and I've gotten a few days off work"

"Oh...Bron...I though I said -"

"I know what you said, and I said that you were just unwell"

"If Linzi requested something...I suggest you do as requested" Kayden growled.

"Kayden!" I moved forward and touched his arm.

"Watch your tongue Lycan" Bron growled.

"You hold your tongue Bron and get out of my house! How dare you not listen to me and then come to my house and insult my friends! Have I not made myself clear? I don't want you around anymore, I'm sorry Bron but you're just too...different. I can't handle being with you anymore I'm sorry. Please, just get out and leave me alone!" I shouted and finished with a gasp.

Kayden wrapped his arm around me and smiled, smirking at Bron. Bron looked angry, he stomped forward and Kayden moved away from me, growling. Bron leaned into my face and stared deep into my eyes with pure anger.

"How dare I? How dare you, all I have done is care for you and you repay me like this? I thought we were going to be the perfect couple...I will let you reconsider this and I will be back in one week. If you don't reconsider then you shall regret this day" He spat his threat at me.

I glared and I could see that everything around us had...slowed down? No one was moving and there was a slight mist filling the room. I looked up at Bron and his eyes narrowed. Once he pulled away from my face everything went back to normal, the mist was gone and I could hear Kayden and Tyson growling. Bron smirked and caressed my face.

"See you soon Sweetheart" He said and blew me a kiss before turning to leave.

I noticed Tyson step away from him and I felt Kayden stand behind me. I turned.

"Why couldn't you stand next to me when Bron came to me? And why were you growling so much? What's going on?" I asked.

Kayden sighed, he had a lot of explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm taking forever updating, I just need time for ideas, thanks for reading and being patient!
<33333