Status: Active and Running

Lullabies

Welcome to the family

Ada's P.O.V.

I woke up at around three in the afternoon. My arms weren't wrapped around Deryck's legs anymore in fact Deryck wasn't even in the bed. "Ugh" I groaned. I got up and trudged around the house looking for them.

"Where are you guys?" I called out. There was pure silence I could hear a straw of hay hit the ground at how quiet it was.

"Anybody here?" I asked. They were probably pulling a prank on me. Or maybe they left me? No no no this is not good. They couldn't of left me, they wouldn't. They knew I was deadly afraid of being alone.

I sat on the floor in fetal position. Seconds past and still no sound, I was so scared I started hyperventilating. Soon I decided to get up, I was still breathing fast and now my legs were shaky but I wouldn't cry.

Nope I would not do that I would not give in to fear. "I'm fine, I'm not alone." I repeated over and over.

I looked around the house and no one was in sight. I knocked on Marks moms’ door. "Mommy you there?" I called.

No answer. I could feel my fingers tremble as I walked to the patio/lanai. Right as I headed out the door I tripped and landed in the pool.

Struggling I reached to the top gasping for air. There leaning on the wall next to the sliding door was Deryck chuckling so hard he had to clutch onto his stomach.

I sighed relieved that I wasn’t alone. Standing next to Deryck was Mark and Jonah with a roll-able table with a pink and white cake on it. “Happy Birthday Ada girl!” Mark’s mom sang.

Mark’s dad came up to the pool, he leaned down, grabbed me under my pits, and pulled me out of the pool. Mark’s dad was usually at work but he was really nice and well built. He was also really tan and tall kinda like Mark.

“Hey Ada girl.” Mark’s dad said hugging me. I hugged him back. “How are ya pa?” I asked. Mark’s parents were so sweet and they treated me like their own since they knew something was up about my parents but they didn’t quite know.

“I’m good just tired of work and all.” He answered. “Yeah works frustrating.” Deryck ran up from behind me and twirled me around. “Ada it’s your birthday!” He shouted.

“Ewww I’m old now.” I giggled. “What, hey eighteen isn’t old, I’m eighteen.” He said putting me down and tickling my belly. “Stop, haha, please.” I practically begged. “A kiss on the check first.” He said pointing.

I put my arms on my chest and pecked his check. He grinned at me then walked off to sit down on one of the chairs. I started shaking since it was cold outside and I was wet.

Deryck took off his jacket and tossed it to me. I gladly put it on and skipped towards Mark and Jonah. They enveloped me into a group hug. I hugged them back and then we started spinning around in circles. “This is fun!” is yelled. They laughed and nodded after we stopped.

“Cake, cake cake!!” we shouted. “No, no first dinner.” Mark’s mom scolded. “Yes ‘m” We all mumbled.

The rest of the day we spent having a great time we ate dinner then cake but around eight o’clock I knew I had to get home or else my parents would kill me, literally. I gave everyone a hug and decided to walk home since I lived a couple of blocks away.

I made it home at eight twenty-five. Before I opened the door I could hear my parents yelling. That was the last place I wanted to be, who knew what they had in store for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it. I didn't know what to right so I decided to say it was her birthday and what's funny is my birthday is this Monday coming up. :D
I tried to write as much as I could....