Status: Active

Homicide

Unable to Breathe

A few hours later after the body had been studied to some degree and very little had been found, I I was looking over the case information that had been gathered so far while the body was futher being studied. The house had been abandoned after its owner died six years ago, an older woman with no relatives to leave anything to. The house itself was plain, still containing all its previous resident's possessions but other than the bad neighborhood that it was located in it was pretty normal. Creepy but nothing special about it. As for the victim, the family had been called and was going to identify the body after the autopsy was finished.

As I read over the files I discovered that there was very little information. Other than the files about the house and the victim there was nothing. There had been no fingerprints at the scene, no hairs, no markings of any kind, just nothing. It was strange to see something like this, I had seen many murders in my days but there was always something. Some little slip that always led to the killer, no matter how small it always eventually led straight to them. In face this was the only murder that I had ever seen that was so gruesome and yet so perfectly done. From what I had seen there were no markings on the body and they still havn't figured out the cause of death. What we did know for sure what that the blood that formed the wings was in fact Anne's, however we still did not know how the blood was taken from her body or how she died.

The phone rang and i revieced the news that the autopsy was finished and so I put down the phone and made my way past the rest of my fellow officers and down to the lab. I hated the cold feeling that the lab always had, the smell, the brightness. I had never been one for hospital like environments but it was just another thing that I had to deal with. I found Marco on my way and he followed beside me silent as ever. I didn't ask him what he had found, we had been through this before and I knew that he would tell me all of his findings after he gathered more information. We quickly arrived to the place where the information was, the woman in charge of finding out the causes of death for us detectives upstairs was named Danielle Martin. She was rather short, dark skinned and was very serious about her job, I had seen her a few times when she was drunk though and she was a completely different person when buzzed. I'd quickly learned to not mess with a girl who knows intricate details about the human body, or at least the guy she was with at the time had learned that and I had learned by observation.

"Well I'll say this, you guys are in for a toughie that for sure." If it had someone who knew the body as well as Danielle confused, then I could definately believe that this case would be tough. But from what I had already seen that much was obvious.

"Tell us what you've found Danielle." She wiped her forhead with the back of her hand and released a long and puzzled sigh before she explained.

"No outside marks on the body, not even a break on the skin so much as a scratch. As for where the blood came from your guess is as good as mine. From what I can tell the blood was drained after her death but I have no idea how. As for cause of death, that would be suffocation but there are no bruises that would indicate that she was strangled in any way. Its almost as if she held her own breath until she died."

"So we are dealing with a killer that was able to convince his victim to stop breathing until she died. That would mean we are dealing with someone who can manipulate his victim into doing anything that he or she askes, even if it is to kill themselves." The ability to convince someone to kill themselves without leaving even a scratch on them. To be able to do something like that would take someone of extreme intelligence, someone who knew the inner most workings of the mind and could bend them to his or her will. A torture of the mind so terrible that a person's will is completely shattered. A tough opponent this was turning out to be.

"Thank you Danielle, come Edward we have much to discuss."