Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

Fiction and Death

As Val, Michelle, and Elizabeth sang loudly to Adam Lambert’s song, If I Had You, Matt mumbled incoherent curses as he drove down to the Warner Brother’s studio with Brian being his unneeded co-pilot. Brian was about to burst. He was biting his lip and breathing in deeply, yet he held a rather calm expression on his face as he sat there with his eyes fixated on the road ahead of him.

Matt was about to ask Brian what was wrong. The girl’s singing loudly in the backseat wasn’t really that much of a bother, yet it was highly annoying and with Val drumming parts on the back of his head it made him have a reason to want to turn the radio off, yet no one was doing anything to Brian.

“Dude what-“

Brian began singing, a stupid smile on his face as he yelled out the final lyrics to Adam Lambert’s song in a high pitched voice. Matt was left speechless and almost cut off the car on the lane besides him out of the pure and unexpected shock of what had just happened.

“Yes!” Michelle screamed, leaning up and kissing Brian on the cheek quickly before going back to sit comfortably with her back against the backseat.

“I have no words for you, bro,” Matt said seriously, his face bright red as if Brian’s embarrassment had magically gone to him.

“We will not speak of this,” Brian said moments later, a small smile on his face as his nose began to turn pink. “Never.”

Elizabeth giggled, hearing Jimmy snicker in her thoughts. She was happy with her current state of being, albeit she was on her way to the infamous studio to supposedly “contribute” and “record” a few parts. Nothing had been majorly announced, and nothing would be announced until the whole group had everything under control. Though for now things were going in the direction of a female drummer being on board for the making of Nightmare. She had no clue as to how that would work with Jimmy’s fate being written in stone; he was going to leave at some point and her body would no longer be able to be used as a vessel, though things happened for a reason, Elizabeth thought.

--

Elizabeth was anxious, she honestly was. It had been so long since she’d been around a proper set of musical equipment, and even then what the boys used was nothing in comparison to the low key drums and pianos she’d use for her high school’s marching band. She was in awe from the minute she stepped into the studio to the second she took a seat behind the bench of a large black Grand Piano.

“You play?” Matt asked casually as he walked into the room, being oblivious to the fact that Jimmy was perched on top of the Grand Piano right in the center, his legs crossed like an Indian and his elbows resting on his knees idly.

“Yeah, I do,” Elizabeth smiled, “I’ve been playing for practically my whole life.”

Matt nodded, smiling as he looked down at Elizabeth. He knew she was anxious, he could just see it in her eyes and how she’d suddenly acquired this glow that brought out her natural beauty. She looked like a kid on Christmas morning, just like Jimmy did every other day.

“Play me something,” Matt said with a smile, “anything... I just wanna hear what you’ve got.”

“You asked for it!” Elizabeth smiled, looking up at Jimmy briefly before she looked down, her eyes automatically closing and her hair shielding her face from Matt’s hazel eyes.

The piano keys felt cool to the touch, making Elizabeth want to giggle as the sudden smooth surface made the initial contact with the tips of her fingers. She felt chills run up her arms as she began playing Warmness on the Soul; she knew she’d get to Matt with this song.

Surprisingly, Matt began to sing softly as Elizabeth went forward with the song. Eventually, she too began to sing softly in the background, smiling as she finally brought her head up to see Val and Michelle off to the side, Brian wielding a video camera besides them.

Nothing can compare in this world to you,” Elizabeth sang, looking directly at Jimmy before bringing her head down to play the solo that came after it.

It was an emotional song, she had to admit. She was nearly crying towards the end while Matt took in a deep breath, smiling down at her with those cute dimples Elizabeth learned to love so much.

“Aside from studio drummer, I think we’ve found ourselves a new pianist,” Matt announced, making Val squeal in delight as she nearly tackled Elizabeth to the floor with a bone crushing hug.

“Do I gotta sign a contract for this too?” Elizabeth asked curiously with a small chuckle, glaring at Val playfully as she stood up from the bench.

Zack laughed, making his presence known as he entered the small room where the piano was stationed. “You know, that contract Val made you sign was a load of bullshit – it’s not even real.”

“I had to get you to agree to come somehow,” Val said with a small chuckle, holding her hands up in defense.

“Damn you,” Elizabeth muttered, brushing everything off with a small laugh as her russet eyes twinkled in the light.

Jimmy could tell Elizabeth no longer had a problem with helping his brothers out. While she played the piano he saw so much passion for music in her that he just knew she’d love to be part of the world he once lived in. Jimmy knew Elizabeth would contribute as much as she could, not even caring if she wasn’t credited for what she put out.

“So, what do you all need me for?” Elizabeth asked with a bright smile, walking out of the room as she followed everyone to the main room where couches littered the walls along with gothic paintings hanging on the orange colored walls and recording equipment.

“Apart from lending your body to science,” Brian exclaimed, referring to when it would be time for Jimmy to take over, “how about you join me and Zacky in the sound booth for some vocal tracks?”

“Why?” Elizabeth asked skeptically, realizing that Brian had something up his sleeve, “My voice is too girly-“

“Trust me, Zacky’s giggles are girly-err then yours,” Jimmy pointed out, making Elizabeth burst into a fit of laughter.

Brian made a face, confused as to why Elizabeth had suddenly stopped her sentence and begun laughing. He had hoped that his small request would spark some clues to Jimmy who he was sure was in the room. He wanted Jimmy to sing, to have his voice heard one last time. He knew the drums would eventually have to be learned by a professional who’d be able to go on tour with them, though hey, maybe Elizabeth would master the art and a need for a new drummer wouldn’t be needed anymore. She did have Jimmy breathing down her neck every once in a while, and from what the girls had found out, Elizabeth used to be an avid drummer back in high school. Yet for now it would have to be Jimmy drumming with the help of Elizabeth’s body; that would work just fine for the time being. They just needed to get the record done, and then they’d worry about the rest in due time.

“J-J-Jimmay!” Elizabeth cried with a large smile on her face as she was practically rolling around on the ground.

“If you are with us, give us a sign! Zacky exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air for additional effect.

“No don’t-“Brian sighed, his beanie going flying across the room which made his hair flip out and feeling a had come down hard on his back followed by the faint laughter of Jimmy. “Damn it.”

“C’mon, everyone in the booth before Johnny get’s here,” Matt laughed, pushing Brian and Zacky in the direction of the sound booth, “and Jimmy, I know you’re here... Stop being a dick and posse Elizabeth already!”

“Wait, hold the-“Elizabeth froze, her eyes turning completely white before they slowly changed to blue.

“I have a vagina,” Jimmy said seriously as he shivered, cursing the heavens because Elizabeth had decided upon wearing jean short-shorts. “This is so fucking creepy.”

“Dude, hurry up and get your ass in that booth,” Matt chuckled, “we need your voice for Death.”

Jimmy smiled, nodding his head as he skipped off to stand in-between Brian and Zacky. Being in Elizabeth’s body made him sympathize with Johnny – Elizabeth was short, about an inch or so shorter then Johnny, which meant that he now had to look up at everyone.

“Hey Matt” Jimmy called through the speaker as he took a pair of headphones from Zacky, “I think we should call this song Fiction.”

“Anything for you, Jimmy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It killed me to write the ending of this chapter.