Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

Muck Up

Scared and feeling out of place, Elizabeth sat in the kitchen of the Sanders residence with a cup of coffee in her hands. She yawned, looking around the kitchen to see Matt slaving over the stove while Val was stuck in the pantry in search for a box of mini-chocolate chips to pour into the pancake batter she had just mixed. Jimmy silently sat on the kitchen table, a banana in his hands which he began to peel aimlessly.

“Can you tell him to stop peeling bananas?” Matt asked as he turned around to see the banana in question floating around in the air. “He’s wasting food.”

“He’s just nervous,” Elizabeth mumbled, “it’s either that or throw stuff around.”

“Let him peel bananas then!” Val exclaimed from the pantry. “I’ll be damned if he breaks something...”

Elizabeth smiled softly and then looked up at Jimmy who had his clear blue eyes fixated on the banana. He set it down, and then turned to look back at Elizabeth to share that same small smile. He didn’t want anything bad to happen to her, and after the short phone call from last night he knew William wanted nothing more than to beat Elizabeth’s face in. He sighed and jumped off the kitchen island, landing on the floor with an inaudible thump.

“Are we going back home?” Jimmy questioned as he looked from Matt to the ceiling.
Elizabeth nodded, finishing up her coffee and letting out a strained cough to get Matt’s attention.

“You’re leaving?” Matt asked in a whisper, looking to Elizabeth then back to the pantry where Val had yet to come out of.

“I need some time at home to sort things out,” Elizabeth whispered back, “tell Val that I’ll go out with her to dinner or something.”

“You better,” Matt chuckled, “she never takes out the chocolates on just anyone.”

Elizabeth smiled, hopping off her chair and hugging Matt tightly. She leaned away, waving before she quietly walked through the living room and then reached the front door. She sighed, opening the door and then stepping out. The cool morning air made her shiver, yet she took it as it came and shut the door behind her quietly so Val wouldn’t notice.

“Why’d you walk out like that?” Jimmy asked curiously as he chose to float besides her, “you could have told Val yourself that you were leaving.”

“She wouldn’t have let me walk out of her house unless I spilled the beans on what happened last night,” Elizabeth told Jimmy, making him nod his head.

“I almost forgot about that,” Jimmy laughed.

--

“You’re mother told me you left the house with a blonde and got in the car of some other guy!” William yelled over the phone.

“That blonde is my friend,” Elizabeth snapped back, “and that other guy is a close friend of mine!”

“Oh yeah, I bet you and him are really close,” William spat.

“He was just giving me a ride to the blonde’s house. We were having a get together,” Elizabeth sighed, “nothing happened. At least nothing of what you’re thinking of. You know I’d never cheat on you!”

To that, Jimmy coughed awkwardly and looked down, images of when Elizabeth had kissed him flooding his mind. He bit his lip and quickly snatched the phone from Elizabeth’s hand, shutting it off and dumping it in the sand. Elizabeth was about to explode in a fit of rage, yet Jimmy gave her a soft smile and stepped forwards.

“You need to end things with him,” Jimmy mumbled, placing a hand on Elizabeth’s arm which gave him and her both the chills.

“You don’t think I haven’t tried?” Elizabeth responded back with a quivering lip. “He’s just...”
“If I was still alive, you’d be mine,” Jimmy confessed.

Elizabeth smiled, nodding her head softly before turning her head to look at the ocean that was just a few meters away.

“Should I tell Val and Matt of what just happened?” Elizabeth asked skeptically, turning her head to look back up at Jimmy.

“Let’s just keep this to ourselves for now, okay?”


--

With a sigh, both arrived home to see William’s car parked in the driveway. Elizabeth bit her lip and looked at Jimmy who had on an unreadable expression adorning his face. He looked mad, sympathetic, confused, yet rage was evident and outshined all other emotions.

“Wanna go to the park?” Elizabeth suggested, already walking down the opposite side of the street so that no one would see her.

Silently, she and Jimmy walked down suburbia, making it to the main street where shops littered the grounds. Elizabeth had five dollars in her pocket, and she had her mind set on buying bread crumbs for the ducks and geese she knew would be waddling at the park’s pond’s edge. She smiled, thinking back to how she and Jimmy had shared they’re very first kiss at that park. It made butterflies swarm her stomach with feelings she thought she’d never feel.

“We’re going to the Spot,” Jimmy smiled, making Elizabeth nod her head and smile.

Now sitting on their park bench, the pond right in front of them and a bag of bread crumbs between them, Elizabeth and Jimmy looked around at their surroundings. No one with the exception of themselves and the animals that swam around on the pond occupied the park, and for that they were very thankful.

With a sigh, Elizabeth dug her hand in the bag and brought out a fist full of crumbs. She threw them at a geese that had bravely walked up to her, smiling as the geese honked loudly before eating the crumbs off the grassy floor.

“Remember the last time we were here?” Jimmy asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

“Yeah,” Elizabeth said quietly, “you talked nonstop about Leana and how she betrayed you.”

“We also shared our first kiss here,” Jimmy added, making Elizabeth’s cheeks flush pink.

“What are you trying to say there, Slim Jim?” Elizabeth said quietly, a teasing smile adorning her plump lips.

“Can I kiss you?” Jimmy asked shyly, quickly adding in, “you know, to see if I can feel it again?”

Elizabeth replied by leaning in, kissing Jimmy softly on the lips. She felt cold and numb, just like the last time, yet this time she felt sudden warmth on her face as if she was kissing a living and breathing person. She had to lean away to look at Jimmy and to see what was going on. He wasn’t transparent anymore, though he was solid and sitting right besides her with a confused look on his face.

“W-what?” he said softly, looking down to his hands to see that they weren’t transparent anymore. He gasped, and as his lips parted he could see his breath floating around just like how he’d always see it during the fall and winter when he was alive.

“Jimmy you...” Elizabeth trailed off, bringing a hand up to touch Jimmy’s cheek, only this time her hand didn’t go through.

Jimmy was sitting right besides her, living and breathing as if he’d never left.
♠ ♠ ♠
One word: College.
Someone shoot me.
-_-

NOW ON WITH THE STORY: no one was expecting this happening, eh?