Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

Real As Can Be

With shaking hands intertwined, Jimmy and Elizabeth walked back home. Emotions were now a whirlwind and it appeared as bats had taken permanent residency in both of their stomachs. Though of course one small thought, which was actually a fact, ruined the otherwise peaceful moment: Jimmy was famous, and thus someone was bound to recognize him if he wasn’t careful. It was dark out, and the chances of a fan running up to him, screaming his or her head off, was very unlikely, yet Elizabeth still demanded that he wear a pair of her large sunglasses that she always carried in her purse as a precaution.

“W-what will I tell my mom?” Elizabeth asked softly, now standing in front of her house, the driveway occupied with her father’s car rather than William’s.

“Nothing,” Jimmy said with a quivering lip, “I’ll sneak in your room through the window.”

“Alright,” Elizabeth said, slowly letting go of his hand, “Just be careful to not make much noise. I don’t need my mom or dad walking in to see you climbing through the window.”

“I’ll keep an eye out for that,” Jimmy said with a small smile, leaning in to place a kiss on Elizabeth’s forehead before he shooed her off.

Elizabeth wasn’t going to deny that what had happened was simply phenomenal. Someone who had passed away a few years ago was now living and breathing, at least that’s what it appeared to be, yet the logic and scientific aspect of it all didn’t matter to her. Jimmy was alive, he could actually hold her hand, give her chills with his warm breath, and hold her close. Yet for some reason, in the mists of all this, Johnny popped into Elizabeth’s thoughts, making her laugh softly as she walked into her house.

“Elizabeth, William was here earlier,” her mother said as Elizabeth walked into the kitchen.

“Oh, was he?” Elizabeth acted out, faking surprise as she walked towards the refrigerator to get a bottle of water.

“Yes, and he was very upset. He said he’d called you yet you didn’t answer your phone,” her mother went on to say, “Are you cheating on him?”

Hah, are you kidding me,” Elizabeth thought, “Cheating on that man would be like committing suicide.”

“You’re cheating on him with one of those new friends of yours, aren’t you?”

Spinning on her heels after getting her water, Elizabeth raised a brow and gave her mother a small smile. “No, I’m not the type to cheat, even if William sees is right that he can go off and fool around with other girls.” Yet Elizabeth knew that deep down, what she’d done with Jimmy was cheating on some level.

Her mother sighed, remembering the time when Elizabeth walked into her bedroom with tears running down her eyes. William had cheated on her, yet they looked so happy together that her mother did nothing when Elizabeth was back in his arms. All she wanted was for her daughter to be happy, and if William did that, albeit he had cheated, then she was going to go along with it and not push away the person that made her daughter smile.

“Just, be careful,” her mother sighed, giving her daughter a smile “I don’t want a repeat of last time.”

“Don’t even think about it,” Elizabeth said confidently, seeing that as her cue to exit the room.

He cheated on you before?!” Jimmy’s voice seemed to roar around in Elizabeth’s head, making her almost drop her water bottle as she walked into the living room. She bit her lip, running towards the stairs and opening the door that would lead her down to her bedroom. A cool breeze met her, which was the window that had been left opened, probably by Jimmy.

“Y-you’re not here anymore...” Elizabeth trailed off, feeling a pain shoot through her chest as if her heart had been stabbed. She stood in the middle of her room, just staring up at the small window that had been opened a crack, wishing that Jimmy had stayed.

Don’t ignore the question,” Jimmy said, sounding upset, “now, he cheated on you?

“Yeah, he did though that doesn’t matter right now,” Elizabeth said aloud.

Well, I’m back to being a ghost, per say,” Jimmy’s voice said calmly now, “but I’m still here, you know?

“I knew I should have taken a picture with you,” Elizabeth mumbled, taking in deep breaths to rid her of that heart wrenching feeling that made her feel like crying. With Jimmy being slightly mad about what had happened with William, and with him not being there anymore to hold her... it was all overwhelming.

“There’s a shit load of pictures of me on the internet,” Jimmy said from behind Elizabeth, placing a hand on her shoulder which made her shiver.

“Yeah, but I want one where we both are in the picture, not just you or you with a fan,” Elizabeth sighed, slowly turning to look up at Jimmy, who just happened to have glazed eyes with tears threatening to fall.

“Why?” Jimmy whispered, lowering his head just the slightest bit.

“You were real for just a few seconds, and it’s only a matter of time before you disappear,” Elizabeth whispered, standing on her toes and pressing her lips onto Jimmy’s, which only felt like a breath of cool air. “A picture can hold a visual memory, something I can go back to and remember if I ever happen to forget...”
♠ ♠ ♠
TO BE CONTINUED!

Ya'll probably hate me now...
But this is mainly a Johnny fic, so remember that.