Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

I Confess

“He was real!” Elizabeth whispered to Gena, “I swear, he was alive. I could feel him like if he was another person and not just a ghost.”

Gena sighed, walking around the kitchen of the Matthews household with a casserole of noodles in her arms. She and Zacky had finally taken up Mrs. Matthews offer of staying for dinner, yet Zacky at the moment was absent since he’d forgotten the salad that he and Gena were supposed to bring over.

“Sweetie, are you sure you weren’t dreaming?” Gena offered, giving Elizabeth her best smile as she set the large bowl in the center of the kitchen table where the rest of the food was already lined up like the catering she was so used too while going on tour with her boyfriend.

“I swear, it wasn’t a dream,” Elizabeth went on, “it was 100% real. Even Jimmy couldn’t’ believe it when it happened.”

Just to change topics, Gena asked, “Hey, where is Jimmy? I haven’t really felt him around much, if anything, today.”

“He’s taken off for the day,” Elizabeth said sadly, though then smiled, “but that’s good I guess. I’m sure I’d want some time alone after spending 24/7 with someone.”

“True,” Gena smiled, “though I assumed he’d stick around and play a few pranks on Zacky.”

“No, not today,” Elizabeth smiled, “before he disappeared he said something about leaving Zacky alone so he’d make a good impression on my parents. But he did really wanna ‘accidentally’ have Zacky trip and fall headfirst into the macaroni bowl.”

Gena and Elizabeth both laughed, going back to getting the remainder of the food onto the table. Both of Elizabeth’s parents had been shooed off to the living room by Gena, who had said, the minute Zacky dropped her off, that she wanted them to relax and enjoy the food. Gena had won Mr. Matthews’ heart with that note. She simply wanted to make a good impression, since first impressions were the ones that genuinely counted.

“I think Zack’s here,” Elizabeth said as knocking came from the living room.

“Took him long enough,” Gena huffed as she took off her borrowed apron, “I mean, how long can it take you to drive back home and pick up an already made dish? We don’t live that far… do we?”

Elizabeth laughed, shaking her head and taking off her own apron as she followed Gena into the living room, yet William was standing in the foyer rather than Zacky. Gena saw as Elizabeth instantly took a fearful step back and it made her frown. She could already tell by that single action alone that it would be a long night for the girl.

“Stay for diner,” Mr. Matthews was telling William, “you’ll be able to meet Elizabeth’s good friends.”

“I’d love too,” William smirked, sending Elizabeth a glance before looking back over to Mr. Matthews.

A short silence soon ensued, being interrupted by Gena’s loud ringtone that came from her back pocket. She quickly looked at Elizabeth and took her hand, saying, “Zacky must be outside already, he probably wants’ us to help him bring the stuff in,” before dragging Elizabeth past her father and William, and then out to the front porch. And true to her words, Zacky’s silver BMW was parked on the sidewalk, with Zacky himself leaning against it with his phone pressed up to his ear.

“Yo, who came over?” Zacky asked as he shut his phone and placed it in his pocket.

“My boyfriend,” Elizabeth mumbled.

“He left me without a good parking space,” Zacky muttered, though then sighed, “well, c’mon; help me bring in the salad. And on the way over here I bought more soda, just so you know.”

“No wonder you took so long,” Gena mumbled, making Zacky chuckle.

Zacky brought in the large glass bowl of salad, while Gena and Elizabeth followed behind him with each holding a box of soda cans in their arms. As Elizabeth walked into the kitchen she couldn’t believe the nerve that William had as he sat nonchalantly at the kitchen table, yet she didn’t expect anything less of him. She was just glad that he hadn’t made a scene yet, though ‘yet’ was the keyword after all...

“So Elizabeth, I don’t remember you having these kind of friends,” William said casually, eyeing Zacky from the corner of his eye.

“You don’t stick around much, I guess,” Elizabeth replied honestly.

“I guess you’re right, for once,” William mumbled discreetly, yet Zacky, who was currently walking besides him to get to the other side of the table, heard him clearly.

With a single glance up, Zacky silently questioned Elizabeth what was up with William, yet she dismissed it with a small smile as she turned her back to him to get an extra plate for her boyfriend. There was something weird about William, and Zacky wasn’t one to judge, though if what Matt had said some time ago was true, this William character was going to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

“Elizabeth, have you introduced William to your friends?” her mother asked casually as she entered the kitchen with an extra chair for her daughter to sit on.

“Uh, that’s Gena,” Elizabeth said as she took her chair, looking over to the blonde that sat across from her at the table, “and the guy who is sitting beside her is her boyfriend, Zacky.”

“Gena, eh?” William smirked, giving Gena the once over, “nice meeting you.”

“Likewise,” Gena said meekly, scooting her chair closer to Zacky’s without really realizing it.

“So, do you live around here?” William asked Gena with a smile, “you and your boyfriend.”

“We have a house up in the hills,” Zacky stated flatly, slightly glaring at William.

“The Hills of Huntington Beach,” William mused sarcastically, leaning back in his chair, “it’s pretty pricey up there. You must have a big house.”

Zacky shrugged, saying politely, “I take what I can get.”

Elizabeth sighed, looking down to her lap and wishing that Jimmy was suddenly at her side, making a funny face to get her spirits up.

“So, you live up the road on PCH, am I right?” Mr. Matthews asked curiously, “it’s pretty nice up there. Though I heard its mighty fine on your wallet, if you know what I mean.”

Zacky chuckled, ignoring Williams glances to turn to Elizabeth’s father to say, “You got that right, though why not enjoy what you’re able to spend your money on before it’s too late.”

“I hear ya on that,” Mr. Matthews chuckled as he got comfortable in his seat.

“You all should join us for a barbeque one of these days,” Gena spoke up, sending Mr. and Mrs. Matthews smiles while ignoring William, “you’re more than welcomed to drop by whenever you like. There’s always someone at the house, whether it be me or Zacky.”

“You guys can even meet the rest of our friends,” Zacky went on to say, “I make a mean grilled chicken sandwich by the way.”

Everyone laughed, with the exception of Elizabeth and William who kept staring at each other intensely. Mr. and Mrs. Matthews kept a conversation up with Zacky, yet Gena began to notice the funny looks the so called “happy couple” were sending each other. If she had a say in this, it would be that what Val had said was true, and that there was something shady about William and Elizabeth’s relationship.

“So Elizabeth,” her father said, taking Elizabeth out of her thoughts, “you never did mention where you met such fine people.”

“Oh, well-“

“She’s working for us,” Zacky quickly cut her off, shooting her a smile, “and when I mean us I mean my band.”

“You have a band?” William spoke up, giving Zacky another once over. There was something oddly familiar about him, though he didn’t know what. “What’s your name?”

“Avenged Sevenfold,” Zacky smirked, “Elizabeth signed a contract with us a few days ago, and once we get the legalities of the situation sorted out, she’ll be our official touring pianist... and we might even make her sing a few parts, just for kicks. Currently though, she’s helping us finish up some of the drum parts for our new record.”

“Elizabeth, why didn’t you say anything?” her mother smiled, “I’m so proud of you! You’re finally gonna work in music just like you’ve wanted too.”

“Uh, I wanted it to be a surprise,” Elizabeth said meekly, glancing over at Zacky and Gena who gave her teasing smiles. “And well, surprise?”

“I can’t believe this,” William muttered, sinking into his seat, “you know, that doesn’t exactly say how you guys met.”

“We met through a mutual friend,” Zacky said simply, ending the conversation. “What’s more to know?”
♠ ♠ ♠
And now, writer's block begins!
FML.