Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

Sanity Left Us

“Please, wake up.”

Elizabeth refused to move.

“C’mon, please.”

With a groan, Elizabeth turned over in her sheets, opening her eyes to glare at Jimmy. His bright blue eyes were there, yet the fallen down Mohawk and pierced nose weren’t his. With a small shriek Elizabeth brought her blanket up to cover her torso as she sat up, staring at what-would-be Johnny who smiled back at her.

“W-what’s going on?” Elizabeth questioned Johnny, frowning as she looked at him skeptically, “who let you in here?”

“It’s me, Jimmy,” he smiled, “Johnny is just lending a hand, or two...”

“Jimmy, how-“ Jimmy placed a finger on her lips, interrupting her sentence. He simply shrugged, brought his hand up to cup her cheek, and leaned forwards.

“But-“

“Jesus woman, I’m trying to kiss you,” Jimmy chuckled as he grew closer, “just close your eyes and pretend I’m in my own body.”

Even though he had Jimmy’s eyes and voice, Elizabeth couldn’t bring herself to kiss him. She brought a hand up, pressing it gently on his chest to make him stop. There was sudden sadness in his eyes, and all Elizabeth could do was hug him. She held onto him tightly, as he did with her. She couldn’t bring herself to kiss him, not when he was in Johnny’s body, yet she’d hold onto him as close as she could, fearing that he’d eventually disappear.

“I’m sorry, I just... I can’t,” Elizabeth whispered as she nuzzled her face on the crook of Johnny’s neck. “I know it’s you in his body, but it’s just not the same.”

Elizabeth pulled away, looking up to catch a glimpse of brown before the blue she’d grown so used to stared back at her. She was confused as to why Johnny’s true eye color had shown for just a moment, and she could tell by the pained look that Jimmy was giving her that it affected him in more ways than he was letting be known.

“My soul is binding with Johnny’s,” Jimmy said in a shaky breath, “I’ve been in his body for too long.”

“A-are you okay?” Elizabeth asked alarmed, placing a hand on his cheek, “how long have you been in his body for?”

“Give or take... I’d say about 13 hours,” Jimmy mumbled, “I-I need to go.”

“Why have you been in Johnny’s body for so long?” Elizabeth asked with worry glazing her russet orbs.

“I wanted to hold you while you slept...”

Elizabeth’s head hit the pillow once more; her chest tightening as breathing was starting to become a hassle. With a now unconscious Johnny lying on her chest, she had no other option then to push him to the side, letting him roll off the bed and onto the floor. She took a deep breath, allowing the flow of air back into her lungs before she peeked over the edge of her bed, seeing Johnny lying on her floor, still unconscious.

“He’ll probably be like that for the rest of the day,” Jimmy’s voice said from the corner of the room, “he’s really drained.”

“Why would you even-“ Elizabeth had to stop herself as she locked eyes with Jimmy. Usually he’d be so transparent that she’d be able to see the wall behind him, yet now wasn’t the case.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jimmy asked curiously, looking down to himself to see what was so fascinating that had made Elizabeth stop and stare. “Shit.”

--

Johnny woke up with a pounding headache, wondering how on earth he’d gotten a hangover when beer was absent from his memory. Nevertheless, he wiggled around in the bed he presumed to be his, sitting up and yawning as he looked around the semi-dark room. At the end of the bed he could make out two heads in front of a large TV that was currently showing the news, one leaning against a shoulder and the other tilted slightly to the side. That’s when he realized he was no longer in his apartment.

“He woke up,” said a hushed male voice.

“Shut up and go turn on a light.”

“I feel so loved.”

“Just go on and turn on a light, Jimmy.”

Last night’s events suddenly hit Johnny – and hard. He remembered watching a zombie movie by himself in his apartment, then the next thing being a dark shadow that looked a lot like Jimmy, being forced to change into a pair of jeans, and then nothing. As hard as he tried, he couldn’t remember what happened, yet for some reason he caught a glimpse of Elizabeth’s face, her eyes hurting and longing for something before it all went back to darkness.

The lights suddenly turned on, followed by, “Sleeping Beauty has awoken!” being yelled in the background.

Elizabeth’s unmistakable giggle soon followed, her girlish voice retaliating with, “I thought I was Sleeping Beauty!”

“No my love, you are Belle, and I am the Beast!”

Johnny couldn’t believe what was going on. Elizabeth had now risen from the floor, a large smile on her face as she stretched innocently, and none other than Jimmy was now walking away from the light switch, looking just the same as he had the day before he died.

Jimmy looked at Elizabeth and for a moment both locked eyes before they turned their heads simultaneously, giving Johnny a blank stare. Johnny instantly flinched back, his soft brown eyes widening to the point where he looked like a bug-eyed baby who was scared and confused about his surroundings. Silently, Elizabeth and Jimmy both looked at each other, telling each other with their eyes that one of them needed to say something. Elizabeth decided to go first.

“Don’t look so scared,” she said softly with a smile, “I know you might think you’re seeing things, or that you’re possibly going crazy, but you’re not. You’re just as sane as I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There is a Harry Potter related quote in here, said by Elizabeth.
Can anyone guess what it is?