Status: Slowly Active.

No One Can Touch Us

Drained

Elizabeth sat up in bed, her eyes slightly open and a sore feeling running through her arms and legs. She looked around the room, letting her eyes adjust to the dim light, realizing that the TV was turned on and nothing else. Jimmy sat in front of it, the remote in his hand and his neck craned up as he sat on the floor with his back resting on the foot of the bed. He was watching the news, which Elizabeth found odd.

“What happened?” she yawned, getting his attention but only for a slight second.

“I brought you home,” Jimmy said casually, not taking his eyes off of the TV which was currently showing the weather.

“I figured, though why do I feel like I ran a mile?” Elizabeth yawned, sitting up in bed while running a hand through her hair, “and the last thing I remember is being at the cemetery. What’s up with that?”

“Oh, I took over your body,” Jimmy said, once again, as casually as he could, “A friend of mind was there, and I just wanted to be able to talk to him.”

Elizabeth quirked an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest and staring at the back of Jimmy’s transparent head. “The fuck?”

With a sigh, Jimmy turned back and gave Elizabeth an apologetic smile. “I should have asked permission to do that kind of stuff, though it’s been years since I’ve seen my best friend.”

Elizabeth sighed, not really seeing any point in starting an argument. “Just ask me next time, if there ever is a next time.”

“You got it dude!” Jimmy exclaimed, turning back around to watch the TV.

With a small smile, Elizabeth shook her head and got out of bed. She felt drained, assuming that being possessed took a lot out of a person. A hot shower though would cure her soreness, and thus she gathered a change of clean clothes and walked into her bathroom, leaving Jimmy sitting on her bedroom floor, watching the news.

A small rubber duck with a purple ribbon around its neck greeted her as she stepped under the hot water, and she laughed, picking the duck up and setting it on the sink with an arm outstretched. That dream, memory, whatever it was, flooded her thoughts. It was the first time she’d ever seen Jimmy, and just like before, he was running around the edge of a lake chasing after geese.

“Why you, of all people,” she muttered to herself as she stepped out of the shower, “a rock star; I just don’t get it.”

From behind the bathroom door, Jimmy looked around the room, his eyes wandering and in search for her cell phone. He didn’t know why, though ever since the incident at the cemetery which had been hours ago, he’d been getting an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. A low buzzing, almost going unnoticed, caught his attention which led his eyes to the nightstand. Through the darkness he could make out the bright screen of Elizabeth's cell phone which was now buzzing, and it would only be so long before her ringtone would kick in – he wanted to avoid that.

In an instant, he had reappeared before her nightstand, the phone buzzing with the name “William” flashing across the screen. He wanted to throw the phone across the room, to watch it shatter into a million pieces, though he kept it together and waited until the phone stopped buzzing.

“At least it’s only a text-“just as he was about to finish his sentence, the phone lit up once more, buzzing twice, and then ringing with an unknown number flashing across the screen.

“Oh shit,” Jimmy gasped, looking back to the closed bathroom door and then to the phone. “Fuck, fuck, fuck... Wait, maybe I can answer it!”

He knew he could move things around, so picking up the phone wasn’t something he was worried about, though as he flipped the phone open, pressing it up to his ear, he hoped that his voice would be able to be heard coherently and not in a mere whisper or wisp of wind.

“Is this Elizabeth Matthews?”

“No, this is... Jim- uh, Jack,” Jimmy said quickly, not really knowing if he should say his name. That uneasy feeling he’d felt in the pit of his stomach had grown tenfold, making his hand shake as he held onto the phone for dear life. This was important, he knew that much – that odd feeling in the pit of his stomach was the same nagging feeling he’d gotten when Elizabeth had been in trouble.

“I really need to talk to Elizabeth,” the voice on the other end, now being recognizable as a male voice, urged.

“She’s in the shower,” Jimmy said simply.

“Well, can you tell her that Brian Haner wants to talk to her, it’s really important.”

“Wait just one fucking minute!” Jimmy couldn’t help but scream, setting the phone down on the bed and then running towards the bathroom, going right through the door and startling Elizabeth who was now dressed in pajamas and running a brush through her hair.

“What-“

“You need to answer your phone!” Jimmy cut her off, nearly kicking the door open and pointing towards the small device that was on her bed. “Go now before he hangs up!”

“What’s going on?” Elizabeth asked skeptically, yet she set her brush down anyways and walked towards her bed, picking up her phone and looking at it before placing it over her ear.

“Put it on speaker, and just repeat after me, okay,” Jimmy assured, making Elizabeth nod her head with a sigh as she did what he’d instructed.

With the phone now between both Elizabeth and Jimmy, both of them lying on the bed on their stomachs, Elizabeth said as casually as she could, “This is Elizabeth speaking.”

“Elizabeth, uh, this is Brian – we talked at the cemetery,” Brian’s voice came through the speaker, making Elizabeth frown in confusion.

Oh yeah, what’s up Brian,” Jimmy said with an expectant look in his eyes, Elizabeth repeating the exact words he’d said.

“Well, you kind of left me hanging back there,” Brian chuckled awkwardly, “is there any way we can meet up? I want to ask you a few things.”

Elizabeth looked up at Jimmy, who only smiled and mouthed the words, “Tomorrow morning.

“Tomorrow morning would be fine,” Elizabeth repeated, earning a smile from Jimmy.

“You’re voice sounds different...” Brian mused randomly.

“Tell him you were losing your voice!” Jimmy urged in a whisper.

“Uh, I was losing my voice,” Elizabeth said awkwardly, “though I’m all better now.”

“Well, that’s good. Now, give me your address so I can pick you up,” Brian replied, a smile in his tone, “I’ll treat you out to breakfast and we can talk things over then.”

“Cool,” Elizabeth nodded to herself, reciting her address while Jimmy beamed at her.

“Ask him if he can bring a friend,” Jimmy cooed.

“Uh, can you bring a friend?” Elizabeth asked awkwardly.

“Tell him to bring Matt!”

“Can you bring Matt?”

“You know Matt?” Brian asked.

Elizabeth looked up at Jimmy for some form of guidance, though he had suddenly disappeared, the small rubber duck that was once in the bathroom now taking up his place on the bed.

“Forget I even asked, “Elizabeth said coolly.

“No, it’s cool. Just tell me-“

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, Brian, bye,” Elizabeth said quickly, cutting Brian off before he could ask any more questions.

I’ll be taking over your body tomorrow; don’t ask me when because I don’t know yet, though just keep that in mind,” Jimmy’s voice floated around in Elizabeth’s head, making her sigh in frustration, “and wear something purple. Brian loves the color purple!
♠ ♠ ♠
FYI: So ya'll don't get confused, yes Jimmy can talk on the phone. And the reason as to why Brian didn't recognize his voice is because Jimmy is, well, a ghost, so his voice is a lot whispy-er and lighter then normal... SO BARE WITH ME, for the sake of this story, logic gets thrown out the window.

And, what do you think?
Comments and all other form of messages are welcomed!

Fun fact: In the part where Jimmy says that his name is Jack, I was actually going to make him say that his name is Owen, though that might tip Brian off, heehee.