Dancing With Your Demons

1/1

The blankets were violently wrapped around her slender frame, the pillows tossed to the other side of the Queen sized bed after being roughed up. Beads of sweat threatened to fall as Natalie tossed for the hundredth time as a light moan escaped her lips. She still slept even though it seemed she was awake to the world.

Natalie ran past the old church she used to go to when she was a toddler twenty years ago. But now, now the building was run down and dark. Moss covered the front yard, the windows where the Virgin Mary had been destroyed and only remains of glass around the edges could be seen, and the doors were old and decayed, one swinging in the wind. An eerie feeling surrounded the place. She didn’t want to particularly want to go inside but where else was she going to fucking go?

A voice's cackled behind her causing her to pick up her pace and run faster into the abandoned church hoping it wasn’t as creepy as it was inside as it was outside. Not even thinking about second guessing herself she ran into her own church and shut the double doors as best she could.

Walking into the main room she looked around at the rows of wooden seats. Most of the wood was broken and sections appeared to be missing. Natalie gulped and found herself looking for where she used to sit in church when she was able to contain herself and sit still for the hour of preaching.

Finding her old seat was easy. It was the only part of the church that was clean and not affected by the rest of the eerie church. It seemed that there was a gloss or something protecting her old seat. A chill ran down her spine, forcing her to turn around out of fear that someone was watching her.

No one was there though. She was the only one in the abandoned, un-kept church. Looking back to her seat she saw her dolly, Molly sitting upright in her seat that hadn’t been there only a moment before, which was really starting to freak her out. Reaching out she grabbed Molly and clung to the doll that used to keep her safe during the night s she slept.


Natalie clung onto the sheets for dear life as he knuckles started to turn white. She tossed to the left and became dangerously close to the edge of the bed unaware that she was in risk of falling off. If she fell off her bed than there no avoiding the dresser as she fell to the ground.

“You can’t run Natalie.” The demonic voice echoed through the church, a chilling laugh following.

Despite the man’s words Natalie run still cling onto to her dolly, Molly. She prayed for some rescue, for something to save her from this nightmare but she knew that she wasn’t to be saved. No one was going to save her and she knew that, but she still held onto the flicker of hope despite everything, even in her nightmare.

That’s exactly what it was, it was a nightmare. But she couldn’t escape it surrounded her and enclosed her with no escape. The only way to escape was to wake up but there was not a way she could think to wake up.

Natalie trapped herself inside an old storage room fearing that whoever was after her was already blocking her only exit and awaiting her to come to jump her. So she hid, thinking that this may keep her alive for a few more minutes. Even if she lived for only a few minutes more, she would cherish those minutes even if they weren’t with the ones she loved.

She was going to miss her mom, her dad, her little brother Stephen who was sue to start high school only next week. She wasn’t going to be there to help him with what he needed. She was going to die and not be able to tell her family that she loved them.

A tear rolled down her cheek. Not caring she didn’t bother to wipe it away but let the tear roll down her cheek and land on her knee. Another tear soon followed. Before long she was crying. She was beyond terrified. What was she to do?

There was a clinging in the hallway that made her jump off the floor. This was it. She was going now, in only a matter of seconds.

She started at the closed door waiting for it to open, to open and reveal her tormentor. The one who was sending her into fits with only a throw of a rock. She felt her heart beat began to pick up and beat faster than it had a few moments before.

The door swung open and Natalie tightly shut her eyes, too scared to see who was before her.

“Look at me.” The voice growled at her. It sounded worse than it had before.

Scared of what they might do Natalie opened her eyes and had to keep herself from screaming when she saw herself standing above her grinning down at her. She was running from herself his whole time, making it ten times worse than she thought.

She saw herself swing and something connect with her head. She was her own assassin.


Natalie rolled off the bed and hit her head on the dresser. Her head slowly started to bleed.