We're All Just Victims Of Love

M.Shadows We're All Just Victims Of Love-Part 11

Image

The next morning I woke up to a large empty bed. It still hurt to breath and I didn't even want to talk about my nose.

I got out from the bed and went into the bathroom. I let the shower run so it could turn hot and brushed my teeth. After that I stepped out of my pajamas and happened to glance in the mirror.

Tears nearly fell out my eyes as my rib cage was examined. My whole left side was a sickly dark purple and dark blue. My nose was a bit swollen and slightly red.

I knew I should've opened my mouth and told Matt or Lauren what John does to me.

My mother sat across from me as we silently ate lunch at a fancy restaraunt. She had no idea what happened last night and I was praying she wouldn't find out.

"So are you excited about your wedding sweety?" mother asked.

No.

"Extremely." I said taking a sip of my juice.
"I have no idea where you get that attitude from. How John puts up with it is beyond me. He's such a gentle-"
"He hits me mother." I blurted out cutting her off.

She froze up and cleared her throat.

"Well whatever you're doing to make him angry you better stop it." she sternly remarked.

I looked at her in disbelief from what she said. How was she going to choose an abusive monster over her own daughter. I kept quiet and continued picking at the salad mother demanded that I eat.

"So Emily are you ready for John's birthday party on Friday?"
"Of course. Was it alright if I invited Lauren and her boyfriend along with some of his friends?"
"Why would you want to invite that filth?" she sourly asked.
"Please mother, I'll even ask them if they'll help decorate the ballroom." I pleaded.
"Fine, but just keep them away from the glass before they steal or break it." she huffed.
"Thank you."

I took another sip of my juice to hide the smile forming on my face.

When I got home I ran up the driveway in happiness. I quickly opened the glass door and ran into the kitchen where Claribel was preparing lunch for herself and George.

"Hello miss Emily." she said amused at my excitement.
"No time to talk I have to call Matt."
"Who dear?" she questioned raising an eyebrow.
"Lauren." I said covering myself up and grabbing the house phone.

I quickly dialed her cell number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" I heard her say into the speaker.
"Hey Lauren." I said.
"Hey Em, whats up?" she asked.
"Well I wanted to know if you, Brian and the guys wanted to come to Johns birthday party on Friday?"
"Woah, thats two days away."
"Yes I know. Moms only allowing you all to come if you help decorate the ballroom."
"How fun manual labor. Let me ask the guys."

That wasn't fair she could see the guys whenever she wanted. I had no one to talk with.

"Yeah we'll come." Lauren said a few minutes later.
"Alright great. So come over Friday around 11 a.m."
"Okay. Do we have to dress fancy at the party?" she asked laughing a bit.
"Yeah, everyone will be wearing tuxes and dresses."
"Ew, alright see you then."
"Bye."

I hung up the phone and skipped over to Claribel giving her a peck on the cheek. She laughed and pushed me out the kitchen.

Let me start praying again cause who knows what will happen at the party when John sees the guys there.