We're All Just Victims Of Love

M.Shadows We're All Just Victims Of Love-Part 12

Image

Today was Friday and Lauren was going to arrive soon to help decorate. I had a feeling something was going to happen today, but I wasn't sure what.

I just pulled on my white low cut T-shirt over my jeans just as the doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs and threw open the glass door. Lauren gave me a hug and came in followed by the rest of the gang. Matt was the last one and we just stood there.

"You okay?" he asked.

I nodded and he gave me a hug that swallowed my whole body into his. We let go and I showed everyone where the ballroom was.

"Wow how come you never invite me to one of your parties?" Lauren questioned looking around the large ballroom where a handful of hired decorators were busy at work.
"Cause mom never wants you to come." I explained.
"Mom's a bitch." she said.

Lauren you are so right about that.

"Anyways the tables, chairs, and food table need to be set up."
"Well where are they?" Zacky asked.

I pointed along both sides of the walls.

"Damnit you serious?" he asked.
"Yeah."

Everyone split and Matt and I went over to the food table. We quietly started positioning all the wine glasses near the 4 dozens of champaigne bottles.

"Emily are you sure you're okay?" Matt asked after awhile.
"Yes, I'm sure."
"Please don't lie to me. Tell me the truth, I won't tell it to anyone." he pleaded.
"Maybe in the future Matt just not now."

He sighed and lifted my head up so we were facing each other. He gently kissed me on the cheek and I felt my face warm up.

"You know I care for you like a sister, so just tell me whats wrong when you want."
"I will."

Whistling erupted around us and I saw the guys doing kissing sounds towards us. We both laughed and went back to doing work.

Only a sister? I was hoping Matt had stronger feelings. Too bad I was already engaged.

It was almost time for John to come home and the party already started. I was still getting ready up in my room. My red hair was done in ringlets and pinned up in a tight bun with curls falling out. My bangs were brought out and pushed to each side of my face and they piled light makeup on me.

Mother walked in the bedroom holding something.

"Come Emily I have a corset for you to put on. You need to hide that stomach of yours." she said turning me around and making me take off my robe.

Gee thanks mother, that makes me feel pretty.

The cold air hit my skin making goosebumps form. She slipped the corset on and paused for a second.

"Is this what he did to you the other night?" she asked passing her hand over my bruises.
"Yes."

She sighed and started lacing the corset. I gasped as the silky material crushed my ribs putting pressure on my bruises. She kept tieing it up tighter until she was done. I couldn't breath good and my back was hurting.

"You look skinny now. Go put on your dress." she said walking out.

I picked up the soft material and stepped into it. I zipped up the back and I looked in the mirror. The dress was floor length and it was strapless. It was white and there was gold trails on the upper half of the dress.

Hopefully everything would turn out right tonight, and John won't punish me again for telling mother what he does to me.