We're All Just Victims Of Love

M.Shadows We're All Just Victims Of Love-End

Image

I was sitting in a small room looking at myself in the mirror until I heard a faint banging coming from somewhere. I walked out the door and listened carefully to see where the noise was coming from. My feet carried carried me to the noise which was 3 doors down from my room.

I knocked lightly, but obviously the people inside didn't hear. I slowly opened the door and when I looked inside I felt sick. John had his pants halfway down with Jennifer’s legs wrapped around his waist.

I slammed the door and they both stopped and turned towards me.

"What the fuck is this?!" I screamed and watched as Jennifer pulled up her underwear and went out the room.
"It was exactly what it looked like." John said pulling up his pants.
"How could you do this? It's our wedding today for fucks sake!" I yelled getting dangerously close to his face.
"Well seeing as how you slept with Matt not once, but twice I figured I should return the favor." John said fixing his clothes.

My breath got caught in my throat and I didn't say anything. How did he know that?

"Honestly Emily did you think I wouldn't find out? Do you think I was that stupid?" He asked.
"I was hoping so." I said.
"Well that proves how much of a slut you are." John said.

I gasped and slapped him hard across the face making his head turn. He faced me again and I saw rage in his eyes. One of his hands grabbed my neck and he shoved me against the wall.

"You have some balls, I never thought you would actually stand up to me. Just make sure it never happens again." He threatened clamping down on my neck tighter restricting my air flow.

I spit on him and he back handed me. He wiped his face off and his grip got tighter. He slammed my head against the wall a few times and watched me.

"If you do anything to ruin this wedding something terrible will happen. Do you understand?" He asked.

I nodded and I noticed his hand go into his jacket. He pulled out a silver gun and started tracing my jaw line with it. I looked at him in fear and he chuckled.

"Just so we both understand, this is what you'll have to face if you ruin this wedding in any way." He whispered planting kisses on the jaw line where the gun just was.

He finally let go and I collapsed on the floor gasping for air as he went into the hallway.

"Took you long enough." I heard Jennifer say.
"Where is she?" I heard mom ask.
"In the room." John said as if nothing happened.
"Okay, Jennifer wait here for me. John it's time for you to take your place." Mom said.

I heard her footsteps and she put down my bouquet on the small vanity table.

"Come on sweety." She said helping me up.
"Mom, do I have to marry him?" I asked rubbing my neck.
"Of course dear. Who else would marry you?" She asked handing me my flowers.

She walked out the room and I sat down in front of the mirror. On my neck were faint red marks in the shape of fingers. I sat there for a little bit, until one of the bridesmaids came in to tell me it was time.

I got up grabbing my bouquet of pink and white roses and walked out into the hallway. I made my way to the back of the bridal party and some soft music started playing. One by one the couples went into the altar where the flashing of cameras could be heard.

Soon enough it was time for me to go and the official wedding song started playing. I heard the hundreds of people inside stand up and I stood at the entrance. I cautiously started walking down the aisle and everyone sent me smiles.

I rolled my eyes inside my head at how ignorant these people were. I was near the front of the aisle when my eyes happened to glance to my left at the first and second pew. I saw Matt and Lauren along with the rest of the guys and looked back up front. My mind registered what I saw and I looked back to see Zacky waving at me. I looked forward again and I reached John with a small smile on my face.

“Dearly beloved we are gathered here to-” The priest started to say, but I blocked his voice out.

My mind wandered over to Matt and every little thing I loved about him. I don’t know how long I was in my own little world, until John nudged me in the arm. I snapped out of it and looked at John to see him give me a threatening look.

“Well if there’s no one to object than-” The priest began to say.
“I object!” Someone from in the crowd yelled.

Gasps came from the audience and I looked back at Matt with a hopeful look. Next to me John was looking at Matt as if he wanted to rip him to shreds.

“Father, I object. These two don’t belong together. John doesn’t love Emily like I do. All he does is beat her everyday.” Matt said walking up to us.
He grabbed my hand and brought us down to the aisle and turned his back to John.

“Emily, I love you so much. So much, that I can’t go a minute without thinking about you. Every second I wish you were right next to me so I can show you how much I love you.” Matt said practically spilling his heart and soul to me in front of hundreds of people.

“Matt, I love you too. I miss waking up next to you every morning. I feel empty inside knowing you’re not there. It hurts to know that I can’t have you and I can’t see you at all.” I said with honesty.

Before I could continue Matt pressed his lips onto mine. Gasps met my ears and whispers were exchanged among others. I ignored them and continued to kiss Matt with everything I could. I broke apart from him and looked over his shoulder.

I saw John pull out the silver gun from earlier and everything seemed to slow down. I heard someone scream ‘look out’ from the crowd and I turned our bodies around so my back was facing John. A bullet made hard impact against the middle of my back and I gasped in shock.

Everything sped up again and I heard screams come from every direction. Matt’s eyes were filled with horror and I felt myself slipping down. Matt followed me to the floor and he cradled my body in his arms.

“Emily please stay with me.” Matt said rubbing my face with his thumb.
“Matt, I feel cold.” I whispered.
“No, don’t say that!” He begged loudly with tears threatening to spill out.

Lauren started hovering over me and I saw her on the phone frantically talking to someone.

My eyes started closing, but Matt shook me.

“Emily come on, you’re going to make it.” Matt said trying to convince himself, with tears falling down his face onto my arm.
“Matt, I can’t feel anything.” I barely whispered.
“Please don’t go.” Matt pleaded shaking me.

It seems like someone turned the volume down because I couldn’t hear anything anymore. I only saw the actions of everyone and I looked up to see Matt talking, but I couldn’t hear anything. I could make out the words ‘I love you’. I tried saying it back, but blood traveled up my throat and I started coughing.

I felt the vibrations of Matt’s chest as he screamed and rocked us both back and forth. He put his head at the crook of my neck and I felt the compulsions of his body with each sob he took.
Gradually blackness started to overtake my vision. The last thing I saw was Lauren’s crying face above mine and my eyes closed down. I felt someone shake me and I felt my body shut down on me.

Xxxx

~Matt’s P.O.V~

I screamed out as loud as I could as I held Emily’s limp body in my hands. Even as she laid there with nothing in her, she looked like an angel. I felt more tears fall down and I looked at the altar to see John in handcuffs.

I placed Emily in Lauren’s arms and stalked over to John. I pushed my two friends and punched him in the nose. He stumbled a bit and I punched him harder making him fall to the floor. I got on top of him and continued to let out my anger on him. I felt two people try to pull me off, but I stayed put and continued to punch John.

Someone finally got me up and I spit on him.

“You sick fuck! You’re going to rot in hell for what you did to Emily!” I yelled.

I saw Emily being pulled out on a stretcher and I ran after it along with Lauren. I held onto Emily’s hand until we got outside in front of the ambulance.

“I’m sorry sir, only family allowed in.” A paramedic said.
“Go ahead I’ll follow you guys.” I told Lauren.

She nodded and got into the ambulance. The guys came up behind me and pulled me towards my escalade. I got in and saw John being shoved into a police car. I sped out of the church parking lot following close behind the ambulance, until I lost track of it with all the traffic in front of us. I heard it travel further down the road as I was stuck back here.

We finally made it to the hospital 15 minutes later and I swerved into a parking space. I ran into the hospital with the guys and made it to the front desk.

“I need the room for an Emily Roberts.” I told the nurse.
“She’s in the emergency room right now, in room 503.” The nurse said.

I thanked her and ran into the elevator. I kept pushing the number 5 button repeatedly until the doors closed. I was getting impatient with how long the elevator was taking, but it finally reached the fifth floor. I got out and walked fast down the hallways until I saw room 503, full with doctors.

“We can’t go in yet.” Lauren said from the chair next to the room.

I sighed and sat down on a chair on the other side of the door. I put my head in my hands and waited for the results.

~6 hours later~

I'm pretty sure I looked like a mess right now. The guys had gone home and changed bringing back clothes for both Lauren and I.

“Excuse me, are you guys here for Emily Roberts?” A doctor asked finally coming out of the dark room.
“Yes, we are what happened?” Lauren eagerly asked.
“Well, I’m sorry to say this but-” The doctor started to say.

Everything went silent and I slid down the wall. I saw Lauren start crying again and go into Brian’s arms. Tears prickled my eyes and I let them out, not caring who saw me at my worse.

Right now Emily would want us to think about the positive and not dwell on the negative. She’d want us to look at all the good stuff that would happen. The only problem here was Iwouldn’t couldn’t be happy without Emily. I couldn’t live without her smiling at every dumb thing I said. Teasing me for the little mistakes I made. Lighting up every single room she’d step foot in. Most of all giving me all her love without any effort.

One thing was true out of all of this.

We’re all just victims of love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I wonder what happened to Emily.
Did she live? Or did she pass away?

Hope you liked it!
I'm gonna miss writing this story. =(