We're All Just Victims Of Love

M.Shadows We're All Just Victims Of Love-Part 7

Image

Awkward.

Thats the only word to sum up this car ride.

I was to scared to say anything to Matt, and he was probably too drunk to even think about saying anything.

"You actually look normal today." he said finally breaking the silence.
"I tried, do I look okay?"

What if he says no? He'll never think of me as normal. What if-

"Of course you look okay why wouldn't you?"
"I don't know I just wanted to fit in." I shrugged wishing this car ride would hurry up and finish.
"You try to hard. If you don't mind me saying but it seems like you have to have everything perfect or else you'll either crack or get into trouble."

I wanted to slap him for thinking that, but at the same time I wanted to throw my arms around his body and beg him to help me.

Why is this man always right?

What he doing that makes him so irresistable?

Questions took over my concentration causing me to speed past Brian and nearly go through the red light.

"Emily look out." Matt yelled.

I snapped out of it andput slammed my foot on the break. If it wasn't for our seat belts both Matt and I would've been through the windshield.

"You alright?" he shakily asked.

I nodded slowly and kept my eyes on the road where I could've been laying right about now if Matt didn't say anything.

"Wow nice driving back there." Brian remarked getting out his car after we all arrived at Denny's where we decided to eat.
"Leave her alone Brian." Matt saidsticking up for me.

Could he get any more perfect?

I think he can.

Our group walked in and was immediately attented to by a waitress.

"How may I help you today?" she asked in a snobby tone.
"We need a table for 7." Brian said imitating her.

She rolled her eyes and brought us over to a booth. Everyone slid in leaving me with the end seat across from Matt.

"I'll be back in a few minutes for your drinks." she said.

"So Emily how come you almost ran the red light back there? You were always the safe driver." Lauren said looking at her menu.
"I don't know I just wasn't feeling well for a moment." I said shyly tucking a lock of red hair behind my ear as everyone focused on me.
"Okay, but don't let mom find out though she'll send you to your room." she said smiling.

I let out a weak smile and looked away to see Matt raise an eyebrow at me.

Its like he could tell when I was lieing or something, and if he did than he'll soon find out what happens to me at home.