Between the lines.

The boyfriend.

At last, class was already over. Joanne felt a vibrate on her leg, she automatically took out her phone to check her message.
*Hey, can we talk? Meet me by the commons. - Nathan* She sighed, after what happened and a ton of thinking, she finally went there where she met him.
"Hey," Nathan said. " I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just - I don't know." He looked down while saying.
"It's alright." She sighed, " What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked, she obviously wanted to hear this.
" Uh, I was wondering.. would you be my girlfriend?" Joanne was over-joyed. But she knew that something was missing. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend! " She then leaped into his arms and he hugged her tightly. That night she was the happiest girl.

*One month has passed*

Nathan: I miss you.
Joanne: I'm still here, and always will be.
Nathan: Why are you like this?
Joanne: What are you talking about?
Nathan: Why do you have to be like this?
Joanne: What the hell are you talking about!? We have a normal conversation and all of a sudden you're just going to yell at me? What for? What is your problem?!
Nathan: I know you've been talking to Matthew, it's no use lying to me. Why do you insist on keep talking to him?
Joanne: Because he's one of my best friends!

* Three months passed *

Nathan: I think it's time that we can have sex.
Joanne: What are you talking about? I'm not ready to have sex!
Nathan: Well, my brothers all had sex with their girlfriends when they were dating for 3 months, and we've been dating longer than that!
Joanne: So what? What does that have to do with anything? It's your brother. I'm me.
Nathan: My point is, I won't leave you if that's what you think.
Joanne: If that's what I think?! I think that I'm not ready!
Nathan: Well, I am. We aren't just going to have sex. We're gonna make love.
Joanne: I get where you're coming from, but I'm just not ready!
Nathan: What do you mean you're not ready? Your body is ready when you hit puberty!
Joanne: Doesn't mean I'm ready. End of conversation.
Nathan: Are you serious? I spent 4 fucking hours telling you about this and I lost sleep because of it, and I get nothing out of it? Wow, that's fucked up.

* 2 months have passed*

Nathan: Do you think you deserve me?
Joanne: Yes I do. (:
Nathan: I don't think you do. I think I deserve better than you. And I don't know why I'm still sticking around with you.
Joanne: Wow, are you fucking stupid. If anyone deserves better, I think I do!
Nathan: No. I do. Fuck it. We're over. Go get one of your guy friends to date you. Go fucking date Matthew.

*Later that night*

Nathan: Hey it's Nathan. I changed my number. I just thought you should know.
Joanne: Okay?
Nathan: Yeah, I just thought you should know.
Joanne: Okay, well goodnight.
Nathan: Goodnight? Why are you saying goodnight to me?
Joanne: Why can't I?
Nathan: People only say that when they're going out with someone.
Joanne: I still miss you.
Nathan: Okay, well let's make this clear. You can crawling back to me. I didn't come back to you.

* Sometime in July*

Joanne: I'm sorry, I can't handle this anymore. We need to end this relationship.
Nathan: Why?
Joanne: I don't feel the same anymore. You make me so unhappy nowadays. I have no room to breathe. You won't let me hang out with my friends. You won't let me talk to my friends. All you really want from me is sex.
Nathan: Whatever, your loss.

I didn't know who else to turn too. So I texted Matthew and ask him if he would forgive me. That's when we started catching up and feeling started to surface.