Status: Updated!!! And More Updates Will Follow Once 'Forever and Always' Ends

Life of a Teenage Haner

12th

Layla’s POV

As soon as I had gotten home I had called Aunty Hannah and we got to organising a party for Jaden.

Aunty Hannah sorted out the decorations and all that in her back yard while I was in charge of food. Mom and I got to making some and I forced Dad to go and buy chips and that kind of stuff. Mom and I spent a couple of hours on the cake or well ok she made it and I iced it.

So now at Aunty Hannah and Uncle Zacky’s place, I was setting out the food and stuff while everyone else was putting up decorations and chair with a couple of tables. The only down side to this thing as that someone invited Nathan and while I may be civil with him, I still felt like there was something strange about him.

Nathan’s POV

I was kinda shocked that I had been invited to the welcome home party considering I didn’t know him but the others said I should come and meet him, that I would like him. I doubted I would like him and I already have a firm view of him in my head.

I don’t think he’s gonna be particularly good looking. My guess is that he’s that kid always trying to fit in with the cool crowd but doesn’t have the charisma to which is why he roadies and isn’t in a band I mean his Dad is Zacky Vengeance! If he didn’t have skills with a guitar then something was wrong with him but I would guess that he can’t get a band because he doesn’t have the looks or the attitude. I’m thinking glasses and weedy looking.

After setting up a table I look around and see Layla bringing food out from the house and setting it up on one of the other tables laid around. Walking over to her I smiled

“hey, you need help?” I asked, she looked at me and shook her head

“no I’m fine, don’t worry about it, I think they need your help with setting up the chairs” she told me, more like dismissed me. I frowned and turned away.

She was still off with me. Yeah we hung out but always as a group and she still didn’t really talk to me and when I did manage to get her alone she would try and get away from me as quick as possible.

I frowned as I thought it over but just shrugged it off to her being nervous and went to help with the chairs.

The whole garden was near enough filled. There were lots of people milling about and talking; some were friends of family and others were people he hung out with in school.

Suddenly though they all fell silent as we heard a motor pull up to the front of the house. The engine killed and car doors opened. The front door opened and we heard voices as Daniel, who had been sent to get him, led him towards us

“come on man, your parent’s got this trampoline while you were gone, we’ve all tried it!” he coaxed. Jaden groaned

“seriously? I ask for a trampoline when I’m twelve and they wait until I’m not here to get me one” he joked.

Just then the back doors opened and Jaden stepped out. He took one look at all of us and two words came out

“Holy Shit” he muttered and everyone yelled

“Surprise!” a grin stretched his face as he walked towards his parents who were stood to the side waiting for him

“thanks! This is awesome” he told them, giving his mother a hug and then the rest was lost in the noise.

I watched as he moved from person to person, greeting them and shaking hands, giving the odd man hug here and there. He seemed like a personable person and definitely not what I was expecting.

Jaden came over to me and smiled

“hey there, I haven’t met you before, are you new to the area?” he asked politely. I nodded

“yeah, moved in not long before school started

“that’s cool, how’s Huntington treating you?” he asked, I shrugged

“it’s cool, I made friends with Layla and her friends too” I informed him. A grin came to his face

“really? That’s good, they are a riot” he said with affection. I nodded then looked over at his parents

“so Zacky Vengeance is your Dad?” I asked, he nodded

“yeah, that was his band name” he told me, I nodded then smirked

“must have gotten some awesome birthday presents” Jaden frowned then shrugged

“same as any kid I would guess” he told me. I raised a brow

“but your parents must be loaded, you could have anything you wanted” I stated, Jaden shrugged

“I got what I needed” he said and then looked at a guy who was waving him over. Smiling once more at me he said

“nice talking to you”

“likewise” I answered and then he was off.

He was good looking and built from what I could tell though to be honest I should have expected that one; this is Huntington where there is a gym on near enough every street. He was good with people and I guess that if he wanted to he could front a band no problem even if he was crap at playing.

This made my life more difficult, but it wasn’t impassable, I seriously doubt they have that good a connection considering he hadn’t even looked around for Layla or asked about her from what I could tell.

Actually looking around I couldn’t see Layla either.

Turning my attention back to Jaden I caught it as his head suddenly whipped up and he looked towards the back door of the house. There framed was Layla, she was in a different outfit so I guessed she had gone home and changed then come back. She was cute in the t-shirt, shorts and sandals she had chosen (http://www.polyvore.com/rock_it_out_while_you/set?id=30366761) though that cuteness was kind of diminished by the fact she was staring at Jaden.

I watched as a grin came to his face and he held his arms wide

“Baby Girl” he called and she smiled before rushing from the door towards him and leaping into his arms, her legs tight around his waist while her arms were clasped just as tight around his neck. His arms were as tight on her waist as hers were on him and I scowled at the sight. Looking around I saw no one paying attention, like this was normal for them and I realised then and there just how hard this may turn out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Jaden's Back!!