Status: Updated!!! And More Updates Will Follow Once 'Forever and Always' Ends

Life of a Teenage Haner

16th

Layla’s POV

I had a rare day when I wasn’t hanging out with Jaden and my brother so I decided to go hang out with my friends at the beach.

Zoe, Adam, Aaron and Nathan were playing a game of handball with me acting as ref which was hilarious. Nathan would get so angry when he lost and would yell at Adam who was on his side then Adam would get his own back by shoving him into the sand.

I giggled as Adam lobbed the ball at Nathan’s head and decided to step in before Nathan got even more angry.

“ok guys, I think you should take a break” I told them. They all nodded and moved to the towels. Zoe moved over and flopped down onto the towel beside mine

“phew! It’s hot today, didn’t think it would be” she said. I giggled

“not hot? We’re in Huntington Beach, what else would it be?” I asked amused. Zoe glared at me and shoved me playfully before looking towards the sea.

She turned to me and grinned

“race you to the water” she challenged. I grinned

“you’re on” I said then shot up from the towel and started running. I heard her complaining from behind me but I just laughed and carried on running.

Nathan’s POV

I watched in amusement as Layla and Zoe raced to the water. My towel was placed next to Layla’s as I had planned so I could be near her.

As she frolicked in the water with Zoe I heard a phone ring. Looking down I saw that it was Layla’s phone. Looking around to make sure no one was looking I picked it up and rolled my eyes when I saw it was Jaden calling. I pressed the end button, hanging up on him then threw the phone back where it was.

Moments later though it started ringing again so picking it up I saw it was Jaden once more but just before I pressed the end button, a plan formed in my head and I smirked.

Jaden’s POV

Braden had gotten a call from a friend who knew he was back in town, he owned a bar, and he asked Braden if he would help him set up a band in his club. They were a kind of club that could turn into a concert place at any moment. Braden agreed and asked if I wanted to come and I agreed so I helped them out.

During a break I decided I would call Layla and ask if she wanted to come to the concert tonight so taking out my phone I pressed speed dial 1 and it started ringing.

After about what must have been 6 rings it cut out and I stared down at my phone in shock. Had she just hung up on me?” I thought to myself. Shaking my head I decided she must have pressed it by accident so ringing back I waited for it to pick up and it did.

Nathan’s POV

I grinned as I answered

“hello?” there was a pause then a hesitant

“who is this?” he asked. I chuckled

“it’s Nathan” I told him.

“Oh, where is Layla?” he asked

“oh she’s off with Zoe” I told him. He sighed

“ok then, her phone cut off a moment ago so I was worried” he said. I mentally chuckled but said in a pseudo apologetic tone

“oh sorry man but I don’t think it cut off, it rang a minute ago but she took one look at it and hung up” I told him, well lied to him.

There was silence for a moment then he said

“oh” I nodded

“yeah, sorry man, I think she just wants to hang out with people her own age” I told him then hung up the phone.

Grinning to myself I went to her call log and deleted the log showing that he had rung then set it back down just as she and Zoe were turning back to come back. She sat down on her towel and smiled

“hey, having fun?” she asked. I nodded, grin still in place

“oh yeah, I’m having a great time” I told her, she smiled and nodded then turned to chat to Zoe.

Jaden’s POV

Shocked is one word to describe how I felt as that Nathan kid hung up on me. She wanted to hang out with people her own age? What in the hell did that mean?

I shook my head and decided to ask her about it later.

I got through setting things up then drove over to Layla’s, taking Braden home though he was going back later for the concert.

I sat out on the porch and waited, not that it took long as a car pulled up at the curb and Layla got out. Peering at them I saw it was that Nathan kid at the wheel. He grinned at me before he drove off and I scowled back at him.

Layla smiled when she saw me, rushing up to hug me

“hey Jaden, what are you doing here?” she asked. I looked down at her with a confused frown

“I’m here because you hung up on me earlier” I told her. She frowned then

“what?” she asked, I nodded

“yeah, you hung up” I told her. She shook her head

“no I didn’t Jaden, here look at my phone; I haven’t gotten a call from you at all today” she said and handed me her phone.

I took it and looked it over and discovered that she in fact didn’t have a record of my calling in her call log.

I handed her phone back and shook my head

“I definitely called” I told her. She shrugged

“maybe I had bad reception” she offered. I just nodded

“yeah maybe” there was something going on with that Nathan kid so I had to keep an eye on him I decided.
♠ ♠ ♠
For strawberryshortcake For Commenting :D