Status: Updated!!! And More Updates Will Follow Once 'Forever and Always' Ends

Life of a Teenage Haner

5th

Layla’s POV

I groaned as I walked into the cafeteria and spotted Nathan sitting at our table; it seems that my friends had decided he was interesting so he was going to be sitting with us from now on.

I muttered dark words under my breath as I made my way to the food line and picked out an apple and a muffin, I was suddenly not very hungry.

After paying I slowly shuffled to the table and took my seat next to Aaron who was eating a burrito which, well, didn’t look like something any normal person would classify as a burrito.

I raised a brow

“did they run out of every other food?” I asked him. He finished his bite and chuckled

“nah I just thought that I would try it today, it’s not that bad, want some?” he offered it towards me but I shook my head with a grimace

“no thanks” I held up my muffin and apple “I have my lunch” he shrugged and went back to eating while I picked the wrapper off my muffin then broke it apart into smaller bite sized pieces.

I was finished with my muffin and about to start on my apple when I heard the distinctive tap tap of heels clicking on the linoleum coming towards us. I closed my eyes tightly hoping it wasn’t who I thought it was but the sound of her honeyed voice met my ears

“hey there Nathan” I let out a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at the scene in front of me.

The popular crowd were stood there with Lauren Bree at the head of it, the most popular girl in school. They were all stood behind and to the side of Nathan seeing as he was sat at the end of the table, he was staring up at them with a raised brow and a slightly interested but trying to be bored expression on his face.

“what do you want?” he asked and Lauren Bree giggled, her sheep following suit before she answered, putting a red nailed hand on his shoulder lightly

“oh Nathan, you silly, we want you to come and sit with us” her eyes cut to me in a glare “we can’t have you sitting with trash” she said mainly to me, I sighed to myself. Nathan glanced over at me confused but I ignored it and stared at the table. Nathan turned back to Lauren Bree and gave a smirk before answering back

“no thanks, the trash looks pretty good to be honest” Lauren Bree flipped her hair offended before cutting a glare at me again

“you ruined him, he’s in your presence for five seconds and he is already a loser, god what is wrong with you? You make everything worse for everyone else, you’re pathetic” she then turned and flounced off back to her table with the sheep following her.

I bit my lip before getting to my feet and saying quietly to the table

“I’m sorry guys, I’m just gonna go be by myself for a little bit” they nodded understanding as I turned and walked out of the cafeteria though the curious eyes of Nathan followed me.

Nathan’s POV

I watched Layla leave before turning to the rest of the group and asking confused

“what the hell was that?” Zoe shrugged not meeting my eyes

“that was Lauren Bree being Lauren Bree” I shook my head

“no, the whole starting on Layla, she didn’t even speak” Zoe looked uncomfortable and Adam just didn’t look at me.

I looked at Aaron who sighed and leant forwards in his seat so he was closer to me

“look you didn’t hear this from me ok?” I nodded and he continued in a hushed voice “well Layla was really tight with those girls when we were in middle school, she was like the nice popular girl but she suddenly stopped hanging out with them and became a loner. It got around the school that she had said something to piss off Lauren Bree but what really happened is that one of the football players was still a virgin so they thought that he could lose it to another virgin so Lauren Bree volunteered Layla. Well Layla didn’t want to do it and they told her to either sleep with him or she was no longer their friend so Layla turned around and walked right out of the guys house, she had no idea where she was so she got lost and had to call her Dad to come and pick her up, he still doesn’t know what went on, she lied to him and told him she got into a fight with Lauren Bree and ran off, Mr Haner was pissed but couldn’t do anything, so Layla was alone and then she met me and I introduced her to these guys, we’ve been friends since”

My mouth fell open in shock

“Layla was seriously put through that?” I was shocked, I mean yeah I’m kind of a git to her, it’s the only way I could think of to get her to notice me but I don't think I would ever force her to have sex with me

Aaron nodded before Adam jumped in

“you can’t tell anyone! She would freak out and well I personally would not like to see Mr Haner if he found out” I nodded and sat back letting out a huff of breath

“yeah sure I won’t tell anyone” they nodded and went back to eating but I didn’t.

All I could think about was what Layla had been put through, that was horrible, something no one should go through and I wasn’t really making her life easier but well when I saw her I just couldn’t force out nice words they just came out suggestive and stuff.

I sighed, I was seriously going to have to find the guy and beat the shit out of him, I cut my eyes to the popular table and watched as they all bitched and laughed about others, I wonder which of them it is? Someone had to know, most likely Aaron, how will I get him to tell me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there, I was wondering how you make banners?