Sequel: You've Made Your Bed
Status: COMPLETED.

Stay With Me

Chapter Four

I opened my eyes and stared at the figure lying next to me. I raised an eyebrow before poking them on the hip as my hand was conveniently placed there. “Stop it mum, I’m trying to sleep” Josh whined, I bit my lip to refrain from laughing and repeated my actions, “MUUUUUUUUM! Five more minutes”. With that I burst out laughing and Josh’s eyes flew open. “Lauren? What time is it? Go back to sleep” He groaned rubbing his eyes with the backs of his hands.

“Josh, its midday and I’m hungry”

“Go make yourself something to eat then. Jesus Christ, you’re the one that’s going to be the house wife, not me” Josh muttered pulling his arm off my waist and closing his eyes to go back to sleep. When he moved his arm I pouted, why did I suddenly feel so empty? It’s not like I was falling for Josh or anything.

“But Josh”

“LAUREN! JUST GO DOWN FUCKING STAIRS AND GET SOMETHING TO EAT FOR FUCKS SAKE. I’M TIRED AND I DON’T WANT YOUR CONTINUOS WHINING IN MY EAR WHILE I’M TRYING TO SLEEP. SO GO GET SOMETHING TO EAT AND SHUT THE MOTHERFUCKING HELL UP!” Josh snapped. I quickly slid out of bed and pulled a long pink dressing gown on, gagging at the colour. I tiptoed towards the door and opened it slowly, “Why the fuck are you tiptoeing?” Josh questioned, staring at me from the bed.

“God I can’t win with you Joshua” I scoffed walking out and slamming the door.

“BITCH!”

I cautiously walked down the stairs and into the large kitchen. I gasped as I looked around, the walls were painted a dark red, and the work surfaces were a black marble colour that sparkled when the sun hit them through the red and black patterned drapes. There was a breakfast bar placed in the centre of the kitchen with stainless steel stools placed all around it. Plates were placed on the breakfast bar neatly containing all types of breakfast related food. I was nearly drooling over the food.

“Ahh hello. You must be Lauren” a voice came from behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a woman that looked late 60’s but was still undeniably pretty. “I’m Cassandra, Joshua’s grandmother. I’ll be taking you dress shopping today” she smiled.

Thank god I wasn’t half way through a drink; it’d be all over the place by now. “Oh” I stated simply, what do you say to some crazy old cow that insists on taking you wedding dress shopping the first time you meet them?

“So, go get ready and we’ll leave. I think Joshua’s coming to give his opinion and he’s bringing a friend or two”

“Isn’t it bad luck for the groom to see the brides dress before the wedding?” I asked taking a piece of bacon off a plate.

“Well, he’s going to give his opinion and then we’ll get a dress without him knowing which one” She smiled, she snatched the bacon out of my hand and fed it too the dog. “Bacons fattening, you need to lose a bit of weight, not put it on” she snarled, turning around and walking out the room.

I self consciously walked over to the mirror and looked at my body. I’m not fat. I trudged upstairs and into my bedroom to find Josh still asleep. “Joshua, you need to get up” I whispered in his ear pushing his shoulder gently. “Your wonderful grandmother is taking us wedding dress shopping” I smirked, that’d get him up.

He turned on his side and pushed me off the bed. The bastard pushed me off the bed. My bum hit the floor with a loud thud and instantly Josh sat up with a guilty look on his face, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to push you that hard” He apologised, I chuckled and pulled myself up. “You better get ready” he smirked leaning back on his arms and staring at me.

“I thought you found me repulsive Josh” I muttered rolling my eyes before grabbing my clothes and walking into the en suite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I came downstairs I saw everyone waiting impatiently, everyone being Josh, his grandmother, Max and Dan. Woo Max. Ahh, I still need to apologise for yesterday. I strolled over to them and smiled weakly, “ready”.

“It’s about time, we all thought the bathtub had sucked you in” Max grinned at me, he opened his arms and pulled me in for a hug which I happily returned. Josh’s grandmother carefully watched me with a glare obviously thinking I was going to jump on Max and start humping him, which was not about to happen. In front of anyone anyway. Haha.

The car ride was really awkward, and so was walking into the shop. Josh’s grandmother had complained about my posture and walk about a thousand times saying ‘I looked like a drag queen’ which I gladly replied too with a middle finger, which gladly, only Max saw. But it was enough to have him on the floor in tears.

“Hello, how can I help you?” A chirpy woman asked bouncing over to the till, Josh’s grandmother turned her nose up at her.

“We want a wedding dress. None of your cheap dresses though” she replied, her head was so far up her own ass.

“Okay. Over here are the most expensive dresses. Feel free to try any of them on, if you need any help we’ll be over here and obviously if you need any adjustments just call for us again” the lady smiled, oblivious to the fact Cassandra was staring at her with disgust.

“Thank you” I smiled, the lady grinned back at me before walking over to the till again.

We all walked over to the dresses and started sorting through them, one of them caught my eye and I pulled it off the shelf to inspect it. It was beautiful. The top of it was a strapless champagne coloured corset that would hug every curve a woman had. Attached to the corset was a white flowing skirt that would cover my feet and drag along behind me ever so slightly. Too add more decoration to the dress, there were black flowers sewn on delicately in a neat pattern.

“Oh, you don’t serious want to wear that do you?” Cassandra scoffed. “It’d look terrible on you, you’re too fat” she said snatching the dress out of my hands and putting it back on the
shelf. I placed my hand on my stomach and sighed.

“How dare you call her fat?” Josh yelled, everyone turned around to stare at him. His face was red from anger; Cassandra’s face was red as well, only hers from embarrassment of her grandson causing a scene. “I will not have you speak to my fiancée like that! She’s tiny and you know it. If she likes that dress she can try it on. It’s our wedding day not yours” Josh boomed, he stomped over to the shelf, glaring at his grandmother on the way, and grabbed the dress before thrusting it into my hands, “go try it on”.

“Try this one on too, its way more suitable for a wedding” she also thrust a wedding gown in my hand. I walked over to the dressing room gaining sympathetic looks from Max and Dan on the way.

“Max, can you help me?” I asked poking my head out of the curtain; he nodded slipping through the crack I had made by sticking my head out. Cassandra went to object to Max helping me but was quickly silenced by Josh who did not look all in the mood for her attitude.

Max helped me into the wedding dress Cassandra had picked out. It was disgusting. It looked like a cut up school shirt had been stuck on a curtain and had then had a zip attached to it. And too make it look even worse; they had attached a dark blue ribbon on it much like a school tie. Fucked if I’m wearing this. I turned around and lifted my arms doing a quick turn. “How do I look Max?” I smirked, he knew I was being sarcastic but he still couldn’t get rid of the horrified look.

I strode out of the changing rooms, hands on my hips and looked towards Josh and Dan. “Get out of it” Josh muttered, “It’s hideous, I’m having no bride of mine in a dress that looks like a piece of the queens clothing”. I gave him a thankful smile before dashing back into the changing room. I quickly pulled the dress off and hung it back up while Max undone the corset on the other dress.

He pulled it over my head and started to lace the ribbon back in. Once he’d finished he turned me around by my shoulders and looked me over before smiling. “You look absolutely gorgeous” Max gushed, he pulled back the curtain and allowed me to walk out. I didn’t even get a chance to look in the mirror.

Josh, Dan and Cassandra looked my way, each of them letting out a gasp. “You look absolutely gorgeous” Josh breathed; he walked over to me and gently ran his fingers over the flower patterns. I looked up at him through my eye lashes, a small blush on my cheek.

“You look fantastic” Dan commented, smiling at me from the chair he was sitting on.

“I don’t like it” Cassandra muttered, crossing her arms over her flat chest and sulking.

“I love it. Please get that dress” Josh whispered. I turned around and looked in the mirror placed against one of the clean white walls. I placed my hand on my stomach and turned to the side, it actually looked good. “Do you like it?” I nodded my head to Josh’s question and smiled at him happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo. 3 comments? I seriously love you guys :')
So, because I got 3 comments for this chapter, i'll update as soon as I get one comment.
God i'm so happy.

Nice Dress
Ugly Dress

The House
Josh's Room
Lauren's Room
The Kitchen
The Lounge