‹ Prequel: Bound to You

Blanket of Fear

Chapter Five

The next several days went fairly quickly for Zack and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold and their allies. There were several possible locations that had been discovered where Sean’s whereabouts could be, and everyone was working as hard as they could to narrow down the options to figure out the most likely spot. Sean had been using a human reporter, Nicole Decker, get his message through to Zack and the others through messages left with the bodies of people he’d killed. Human police everywhere were trying to figure out the cryptic messages and who were behind them, and who was supposed to be on the receiving end. With the crime rate at an all time high, people were panicking, and the sheriff’s department just wanted to clear everything up.

Sean had made it crystal clear that he was not happy about Michelle’s death. He had, of course, figured out that she’d been injected with a poison while being transferred between the two groups. Since no one in Avenged Sevenfold beside Zack and Jimmy had known anything about it, there had been tension within the five of them until it had been agreed that the two of them had made the best decision in the circumstances they’d had.

Brian had healed from the gunshot wound within a day, and was physically back to the way he’d been before the attack at the Complex. Eliza and everyone else, however, could see that he was far from emotionally and mentally alright. He lashed out over little things, and had once struck Val across the face when she tried to calm him down after one of his temper tantrums.

Eliza was now sitting in the back yard, watching as Nicole and Joel played with Sparrow and Harlow in the grass. She was trying to relax, but she knew that wouldn’t happen. She was worried about Zacky again. She’d thought getting out of the Complex and its small, crowded quarters would help ease his nerves and help him to relax a little, but she’d been wrong. He spent more time than ever sitting in the office with Benji, Matt, and the others, watching security footage and trying to come up with plans on how to go about a relatively safe attack on Sean. The only time they saw each other was at night, and even then he wasn’t really there. He would hold her, and tell her he loved her, but he wasn’t there mentally. He was always thinking about Sean. He wanted revenge for what he’d done to the group. And Eliza could understand, to a point. But it didn’t make it easy to accept.

Leigh was once again in a small room in the lower level of the house. It was far from a cage; the room was comfortably furnished, with a small window, heating and air ducts, and a queen-sized bed. She was kept under strict surveillance courtesy of Jacoby, Brian, and Tobin, all of whom had a very high mistrust of her. Johnny spent most of his days in the room with her, doing whatever he did to help Avenged Sevenfold’s plans on a laptop he carried with him. He said it was because he loved Leigh and didn’t want her to feel like a prisoner, and Eliza believed him. Val had told her that when the shortest member of the group fell in love, he fell hard.

“Liza!” A child’s voice called to Eliza, pulling her out of her thoughts. She looked up, blinking once before she saw Sparrow coming over to her. She smiled at the little boy, and sat up. “Come play!”

“Baby, leave Liza alone. She’s trying to relax.” Nicole called up to him. Eliza shook her head to Nicole, telling her it was alright. She stood up and picked up Sparrow when he reached his arms up to her, and she carried him down to the grass where she looked at him.

“What do you want to play?” She asked with a smile, hoping that perhaps playing a game or two with him would help distract her from her thoughts.

“Horsey!” He demanded, a toothy grin on his face. She laughed, ruffling his hair as she nodded.

“Alright.” She said. Joel gave her an appreciative smile, and lifted his son onto her back. Sparrow wrapped his arms in a near vice-grip around her neck, though she could still breathe reasonably well as she hooked her arms under his legs to hold him securely.

“Just don’t pull her hair like you pull Mommy’s.” Joel warned his son. Sparrow nodded solemnly before letting out a laugh full of the innocence only a child possesses.

“Where to, buckaroo?” Eliza asked, not moving as she waited for Sparrow to tell her where to go. He lightly tapped his knees on her ribs, as he had seen cowboys do in the movies his parents let him watch sometimes, and pointed towards the trees before latching his arms again.

“Trees! Trees!” He said in an excited voice. Eliza frowned, looking at Joel. Since getting to the house a few days before, no one had ventured to the trees. Anyone could be hiding out there; though the only people that knew where they were located were the people in the house, there was always a chance of being seen as they’d driven up the driveway.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Spar.” Joel told his son. “How about you just go around the house?”

Eliza gave him an appreciative smile. She wouldn’t have taken him to the trees, knowing that it might not be safe. She wouldn’t endanger a child like that. However, she wouldn’t have had the first clue about how to tell a child no in a way that wouldn’t upset them. She’d never had much experience with kids. Sparrow was immediately sated again, and nodded as he urged Eliza on. She laughed and started walking at a quick pace, groaning when she felt Sparrow start bouncing up and down on her back. She went around the house five times before he got bored and wanted to go play with his sister. She happily let him down, her back a little more than sore as she went into the house to take a hot bath.

She was surprised when she got to the bathroom that was attached to hers and Zacky’s room when she saw him sitting in the bathtub himself, looking out the window with a wine glass in his hand. He heard her come in and turned to look at her, a cheeky grin on his face. She couldn’t help but smile at him. He had that effect on her now.

“What’re you smiling for?” She asked him, putting her hands on her hips as she walked over to the edge of the tub before she began pulling her clothes off one article at a time. Just because he was in the tub didn’t mean she couldn’t be.

“I saw you with Sparrow.” He smiled at her, his grin widening when he saw that she was getting into the tub with him. When she was submerged in the water, he pulled her up to his chest and kissed her hair, wrapping his arms around her waist as they just sat there in the bubbles and relaxed.

“He wanted to play.” She shrugged, tilting her head to look up at his eyes. “I had nothing better to do, so I figured I might as well help Joel and Nicole out for awhile.”

Zack chuckled, the sound reverberating through the bathroom before he spoke. “He definitely takes after his father in the energy department.” He laughed, pulling her even tighter against his chest. “You looked happy playing with him.” He noted, a hint of something more serious in his voice. Eliza wondered what he might be getting at, and shrugged it off until he continued a few minutes later.

“Have you ever wanted kids?” He asked her quietly a few moments later, turning her just enough so that he could study her face. The question stunned her.

Why was he asking if she’d ever thought about kids? Did he? Eliza wasn’t sure, but she could definitely see Zack as the fatherly type. He was a good boyfriend, and she had no doubts that he’d be a great husband if he ever good married. She could see him taking care of a family. But why was he asking her?

“Um…I’m not sure.” She finally said after a few minutes, studying his reaction to her words carefully. His face seemed to fall just slightly, and she then recanted, continuing. “I mean, I’m only nineteen, Zack.”

He didn’t respond vocally, but instead leaned in to kiss the corner of her mouth. “But would you ever want kids? I’m not saying now, or even in the near future. Could you someday see yourself as a mother?”

That sentence stunned Eliza. She hadn’t realized how serious he was being. However, she did know how to answer this question better than she’d answered the first. “Someday.” She said quietly. “Someday, I wouldn’t mind it.”

That brought a smile to Zack’s face, and he kissed her lips fully this time, pulling her closer to his chest so that she was now straddling him in the water. Things got heated in a matter of minutes, and Eliza was suddenly all too aware of his erection pressing up against her thigh as they made out, her hands tangled in his wet black hair and his tangled in her hair and holding her to his body. He stood up and carried her into the bedroom, not caring that he was tracking water on the tile floor, and then the wood floor of the bedroom before he finally laid her down on the mattress, not caring how wet the sheets got with the water that still covered their bodies.

Eliza knew where this was leading, and didn’t want it to stop. It had been far too long for her, and all she wanted right now was a few hours of uninterrupted time with Zack. She hungrily pulled him down over her, attaching his lips to hers again as she switched their positions, hovering above him on the mattress before pushing his wrists roughly above his head.

“Feeling feisty tonight, are we?” He murmured when he felt her tying his wrists to the wooden headboard. She gave him a devilish grin as she tightened the knot, ensuring that he wouldn’t be able to loosen his wrists easily.

“You’re mine tonight, Zack.” She whispered into his ear, nibbling on his earlobe before moving her attention to his neck, nipping and sucking on the delicate skin there, eliciting groans from Zack’s mouth.

“Then do with me as you will.” He smirked back up at her as she left kisses covering his entire body, taking her time to tease him. She grinned when she saw that his erection had only gotten bigger since they’d left the bathtub, and she grabbed it gently with her hand, a smile on her face as he moaned loudly at the contact.

She leaned her face down and taunted Zack by sliding her tongue just barely over his slit before she slowly lowered her entire mouth over his tip, running her tongue over it a circular motion as she stroked his shaft with the fingers of one hand while softly massaging his balls with the other. Zack never stopped moaning the entire time, writhing underneath of her, his hips arching up, causing more of his dick to slide into Eliza’s mouth. She took her time with Zack, showing him just how much she’d missed spending this intimate time with him.

She only stopped the blow job when she could feel that he was going to cum and when she felt herself getting impatient to satisfy her own sexual needs. With no warning to Zack, she lowered herself onto his shaft, filling her hot center slowly with him until he was entirely inside of her. She stayed like that, not moving for a few moments as she allowed her body time to get used to his large girth, since it had been a long time since they’d done something like this and she was being stretched. When she finally felt comfortable enough to move up and down, she lowered her lips to Zack’s in a passionate kiss as she took control of their pace, his hips bucking up to clash with hers each time she thrust body at him.

“God, baby.” He panted underneath of her against her neck, his green eyes closed in ecstasy as he enjoyed there passion.

As they continued their rhythm for several minutes, Eliza’s moans got louder and louder until she felt her walls clenching tightly around Zack, a sure signal that she was going to release herself. One piercing scream fell from her lips as she tossed her head back as she reached her climax, pulling herself off of Zack when he told her that he was coming as well.

As they came down from the euphoric highs of their orgasms, Eliza laid beside him on the mattress, her head on his chest as she absently untied his wrists from the headboard with her hand. He held her close to his chest as she released him, and then turned to look at her with a soft smile.

“I love you, Eliza.” He whispered to her, closing his eyes to go to sleep as he gave her another kiss on her lips. Eliza’s heart fluttered at his words; they never ceased to send her heart rate up.

“I love you too, Zack.” She murmured against his skin as she too closed her eyes, completely and totally exhausted.