How can I say 'I love you' when I can't say a word?

How can I say 'I love you' when i can't say a word

I stared at him, wishing it was me who was at his side. She threw a smirk at me, as if saying ’jealous?’

“Come on Seth, lets walk this way.” Her voice rang, loud enough for me to hear. They walked passed me. I gave a sigh before heading to my dorm, not noticing the look he pass over his shoulder.

“Cameron! Wait up!” I heard a voice. I turned to see Colin, my twin brother.

“What’s up?” He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders, letting him take my books from me that I’ve been holding on for the whole day. I glanced out a window noticing how dark it suddenly was. I caught my brothers' attention, before pointing at my wrist.

“It’s… CRAP! We’re gonna miss dinner if we don’t hurry up. We’re suppose to be eating with Adam and them.” He threw our books Into our room, before grabbing my arm and running for the dining hall. Our boarding school was large, a bit bigger then Harvard, but it was basically a giant square which students soon memorized in a year or two.

“Jeez Colin, could it take you any longer?” Sabrina asked. She was our best friend, and cousin.

“Well sorry. I don’t think you came any earlier.” We rolled our eyes, before I sat down beside Sam.

“How was your day?” She asked. I gave her a smile, indicating it was alright. I couldn’t speak. Yes I was mute. The doctors had said that there may be an operation that I could take to get my voice back. I’ve never been able to speak, so my friends and family have learned to understand me by my facial expression, or I would have to write it out on my notebook.

“Oh my god. I can’t believe you want to hang out with those losers Seth.
I mean look at them. One’s a mute, one’s a goth, an emo, and the rest are just unpopular. I bet they wish they could sit with us, but they can’t.” Ashley called out, letting a few tables around her hear, including us. Sam made a sour face, before picking up her tray, which consisted of a piece of cake with whipped cream, and French fries with gravy and cheese.(I forget what it’s called I know it’s a word that every Canadian knows.). Before anyone us could do anything. A loud shriek was heard and silenced the hall. Everyone turned to see a gravy-whipped cream and melted cheese covered Ashley. Everyone one began laughing, as some began cheering for Sam. I ran to her, as she began talking.

"just because we're not popular, does not mean we are losers." Sam told her, a smirk on her face as she watched Ashley trying to get the poutine out of her hair.

"Come on Seth, you know you want to sit with us." She continued. I grabbed her arm, making her stop talking. Ashley stood up, deciding that it was her turn to talk.

"Why would Seth want to sit with you guys? Oh that’s right, speechless over there loves him. But if she really did love him, she would have said so. oh wait, she cant. that must mean she doesn't actually love him." A foul smirk appeared under the fake nose. I stepped in front of Sam, wanting to hit someone, or something. Everyone let out a gasp as they heard a crack.

"My nose! You broke it, you b!t%h.” She reached out, but I delivered another punch to her chin, jerking her head up.

“Woot! Go Cameron!” A voice called out. It was still silent, except for the loud whimpers of Ashley.

“Ah-” I tried, only letting out a tiny sound.

“What did you say?!” Sam and Ashley asked, alarmed. Seth stared in shock, having also heard my attempt of saying something. I opened my mouth one more time, trying to say words i would have never said in my life.

“Ah...Ah...I...lu...love...y...you.” I gasped out.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, i know it's bad. It's my first story. I think it's ok.